Bald Eagle....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Thought i would share these photos of a bald eagle out in our front field. We have seen numerous bald eagles out this way and there is a nest just down the road from here. Its always neat when we actually get to see them though and so close. I told dad he (or she?) is keeping watch over the horses
default_smile.png
. I got some photos of him/her flying ..they are just fuzzy. You would laugh if you seen me trying to get these photos, i got creative, i put the cameria up to the lense on the binoculars
default_biggrin.png

AA123.jpg

aa153.jpg

AA9242.jpg

AA34123.jpg

aa53145.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that is so cool! I've never actually seen a bald eagle in the wild, just in like conservatories and places like that, so you're pretty lucky to have them as neighbors!!

Awesome pics Leanna!

Those pictures are really neat! I never would have thought that they would have turned out so good considering the creative photography methods! Very cool.

great capture.

how you took the photo is called digi-scoping ( usually done with a spotting scope)

good thinking and great photo

Hi Leanna

Be careful about "advertising" the eagles if there is a nest close by. You could end up with the US Govnmt setting up "set-backs" on your property to protect the nest from viewers -- it is a big area -- about 500 ft all around
default_new_shocked.gif
Imagine what that would do to your property values! We have a lot of bald eagles in our valley and see them roosting pretty regularly (sometimes as close at 20 ft away -- and boy are they ever BIG! ! !). But . . . I don't know where they actually nest
default_rolleyes.gif

Stac

They ARE cool!

My husband took some video footage of them in Dutch Harbor, AK, and there were literally hundreds of them eating up the bait that the guys on the boat were tossing to them (little frozen fish)! They were just thick, there, I've never seen anything like it.

We have several in our valley, and often see them as we drive along the rivers and bays, here.

It's nice to have them as part of our "neighbors". The boys love seeing them, too.

Your pictures are great!

Liz

Leena,

I didn't mean for my post to come across as condesending - the eagles are beautiful, and it is fun to live close to such regal birds -- I know that the ones in the valley near our place are quite content with living side by side with us humans, and regularly put on a pretty neat show in the pond next to one of the main roads thru town -- they sit on the shore or in a dead tree that overhangs the pond and wait for whatever it is they are waiting for - but they are really close to the road, pretty much brings traffic to a standstill with all of us watching them --- they are so big - seems like they are about 3 feet tall.

It is true however, that the gov will enforce setbacks to protect a nesting pair - and there is really no fighting them - a local couple had a huge wall erected about 50 ft from their home and it was not a pretty sight, but the nest was no longer visible from their place - they were not allowed to go past the fence for the duration of the nesting season - and to make matters worse --- the eagles came back the next year ! ! ! :DOH!

Love your pix - wonder if Mr Eagle had something in his talons that he had caught in that field?

Again, sorry to sound like a no-it-all -- really didn't mean for it to come across that way. I consider myself chastised
default_no.gif

Stac

Awesome!!!!!

I've been watching and hoping to have the luck to see 1 I know they claim there are several in our area but I haven't been lucky enough to see them. They are an AWESOME site. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back