Bait

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I use the little round peppermint flavored treats you get at TSC. You can break them in 1/2 easily. My stallion and all my horses are trained with treats. He will REALLY work hard out there showing knowing he will be rewarded!

MyBarakah Posted Today, 09:20 AM Hi,

I use the little round peppermint flavored treats you get at TSC. You can break them in 1/2 easily. My stallion and all my horses are trained with treats. He will REALLY work hard out there showing knowing he will be rewarded!
I use those as well for training and in the ring. I really like the peppermint treats because like you said, they easily break in half and they can really smell them and get there attention with them. But Royal really seems to overreach for them treats. He does so much better with plain grass which im going to have to start using to bait with. All he wants to do is nibble the peppermint treats.

He wont do much for you for hay though. The treats are good but i'm going to start using plain grass.

Or if you are a total show dork like me.. then the judge will be nice enough to not actually say -look you are a dork .. but will use there clip board to get the horses neck and ears for me
default_rolleyes.gif
:
Ummm... is that why the judge did that with our horses?? lol Everyone-- humans and horses-- are new to showing! LOL We're dorks!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back