Bad night/Day

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJRMINIS

Reaction score
Thankfully everyone is ok, but it was a terrible night last night.
default_sad.png

Winds blew all day yesterday, then a storm hit a little before midnight, I looked out to see the weanlings running scared. I couldn't go out the front door the winds where to strong and raining heavily.

I went back down the hall to the bedroom to hear a LOUD BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am deathly afraid of storms anyway, and this shook the whole house, I screamed.........My husband jumped out of bed, Thankfully my daughter spent the night at grandma's!

Looked to find our carport from the front of the house in our backyard crashing down our fence.......My car was parked in there, but our dually truck was not Thankfully.

I couldn't go out for about 10 minutes due to the strong winds/tornado, whatever, finally I head out to check the horses & donkeys, everyone was shook up but ok. I was so scared to even go out and look........

Our roof on our house needs reapired, due to the carport rolling over the top of our house, right by my daughter's and our bedrooms.........Windows are broke out, shutters are missing.......found my side mirror from my car out in the CRP grass.

Here is what it looked like this morning.

Remember my car ~WAS~ in the carport. The car never moved, but the carport scraped it up when it was thrown over the house into the back yard and then trees fell on my car.

IMG_0582MediumWebview.jpg

IMG_0603MediumWebview.jpg

IMG_0598MediumWebview.jpg

IMG_0593MediumWebview.jpg

IMG_0597MediumWebview.jpg

I just thank GOD that none of my animals where injured.......or any of my family.

Up on the highway a car rolled and sirens and Ambulances where going like crazy and also on I-70 trucks where rolled over.

Mother Natures FURY!!!!!!!!!!!!! One thing that can not be tamed. :eek:

I am very glad you, your family and your animals are ok. I feel so sorry for you, it must have been a very hard night for you. Again I am glad you are ok.

Wow!!! That's a good sized carport to be moved that far! I'm so happy that everyone is ok. Now, how do you get it back to where it came from???

Oh Michele, I hate storms too. It looks like where you live it is very flat and I am sure the winds come from all directions....your poor car...ouch! I live in a valley with mountains ranges on three sides. We get BAD winds as well and countless power outageous...we'll start entering the storm time next month and it can last till May. I have a Q...on the last pic you posted there is a concrete object? Is it a fall out shelter? Is it a septic tank?....I have never seen anything like it. Well I am sure you;ll be busy today with storm cleanup. Makes me think about going out and tightening everything down and getting ready for the upcoming Fall/Winter weather. Teri

Oh Michele, I hate storms too. It looks like where you live it is very flat and I am sure the winds come from all directions....your poor car...ouch! I live in a valley with mountains ranges on three sides. We get BAD winds as well and countless power outageous...we'll start entering the storm time next month and it can last till May. I have a Q...on the last pic you posted there is a concrete object? Is it a fall out shelter? Is it a septic tank?....I have never seen anything like it. Well I am sure you;ll be busy today with storm cleanup. Makes me think about going out and tightening everything down and getting ready for the upcoming Fall/Winter weather. Teri

What you are seeing Teri is actually part of our Water well cover, you can use it as a tornado shelter, but I don't like it much!haha

Last night we had storms again, not as bad, but now I have a complex..........As if I wasn't bad before fearing storms now, I am really a basket case. I slept in theis morning, since I was up all night. Something about storms at night when it is dark and after Sat. nights storm and damage, I am a mess.

I don't know how people can go on after a tornado takes their homes, this was Scary enough, I am just thankful it wasn't any worse.

Michele,

Glad everyone is ok.

That pic of the carport is unbelieveable. Over the house and mostly in one peice. Wind can be incredible!

Good news is your car port is looking more like a run in shed for the horses
default_yes.gif
:

Mark

Latest posts

Back