Bad night at Mountain Meadows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainMeadows

Reaction score
Our last foal of the season, Mississippi Belle was bred to HCM High Tech for her first foal -- I have waited 7 years for this baby, but I guess it was just not to be. Missy went into labor about 9 pm - wasn't progressing like normal - went in and checked and found a huge mass - didn't know if it was breach, or what, but ended up taking her to the clinic -- big mess there, the new facility was under some sort of renovation, the vets were disorganized the interns were inept (took nearly 40 minutes to get a catheter into my mare and she was sedated and just standing there! :DOH! . Ended up going to surgery for a c-section and finally got the foal out - needlesstosay lost a pretty little filly. Still touch & go for Missy - she is still in ICU, need to get the placenta out, bad night - I am pooped.

Stac

I'm so sorry!

I can honestly say I've been there, it sucks.

I'll be praying for Missy.

Kari

default_crybaby.gif
my heart goes out to you and your mare. I am so sorry for your loss.

We pray your mare gets better soon.

keep us posted.

I am so sorry. There are no words that can be expressed to take away the hurt of your loss. So sorry.

Mary

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sorry for your loss. I will be praying for a quick recovery for your mare.

Tammie~

Chin up. Think positive. She is going to do fine. I had a mare (bis horse) that had ripped her abdomen open back by her utter. UCD didn't think she would make it so she stood for 3 days in a stall there. Then one day when they went in to examen her she totally ripped open and her intestines dropped to the ground. They wrapped a sheet around her to hold the intestines and rushed her to surgery. She was there for a month but she made it. Your mare while her surgery was for a c-section, she will be ok. Go see her as much as you can because they need something they know. She will get better. ((((HUGS))))

I'm so sorry.
default_no.gif
That is just heartwrenching. I hope your mare recovers fully. Did you ever figure out what the mass was?

Oh goodness
default_no.gif
So sorry for your loss
default_sad.png
Prayers headed your way that your mare gets to come home soon!

Stacy. i am so sorry that this happened, I will keep hoping and praying your mare does well with a full recovery. I had a mare once that had a C section, and she did well. I hope yours does also.

Robin

Sending good thoughts for your mare, Stac. You must be exhausted, horribly disappointed/sad, and worried for Missy.

[SIZE=12pt]I'm so sorry Stacey, all 3 of our C section mares have done VERY well and the one that was rebred went on to a COMPLETELY normal foaling career. It's so hard, but you know you got her the best care possible and hopefully she will get better daily. Also, all of ours spiked a fever about 48 hours post surgery, but it was likely from the shock to their systems and all then took a turn for the better.
default_pray.gif
[/SIZE]

Prayers from here for complete recovery these little mares are surely keeping God busy. Take your own advice and rest so you can be ready for your little girl when she comes home. So sorry for your loss.

Stac --

I am so sorry to read this. I hope your girl is feeling better soon and back home soon!!!

Jill

Back