Back to Bits again....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad she is liking the new bit!

I would say her brow band may be a bit too long as well as the throat latch. She must have a tiny head!
I don't know what to do about the brow band. I've shortened the throat latch with a zip tie until I can send it off to be resewn. Haven't done much lately as it is too hot for ground driving.

You may have to purchase a shorter brow band. I like to measure then with a halter on. Then I hold one end of the tape BEHIND the poll strap of the halter around their forehead to BEHIND the strap on the other side. This gives room for the concho. Once you have that measurement you can compare it to the brow band you have. We measure our brow bands from end to end. This will tell you if yours is too big of if your winker stays are just too long...

I am not sure a shorter browband will really help. This one does look took long, but with the cheeks shortened up so much there is not really enough room above the buckles for the browband/conchos to sit properly. Also, with everything else done up extra small, it leaves too much length in the winker stays--they are a bit too long and I think they are probably going to get in the way of a proper fitting browband.

I tried Dapper DAn's bridle on her and the browband fit better; it's over an inch shorter. But it's his bridle and I'm going to leave it adjusted for him. I will just use the open bridle on her until I can figure out what to do about a driving bridle. At least I know she has no problem with blinders.

Latest posts

Back