Back home from Fletcher

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph G

Reaction score
I got back from Fletcher, NC late last night. I got absolutely NO pictures at the show and there was no photographer. I was really hoping to get a good show pic of Spring since I've shown her all year and never got a picture.

Anyway, we had a pretty decent showing.

My yearling filly does not get it. she thinks it's much easier just to stand there and doesn't see the point in baiting. If you give her the bait good, if not she could care less. She's NOT going to work for it. She didn't place in her class, but it was huge and there were some gorgeous horses in there. She is my little ugly duckling I guess. I think she'll have a better chance next year when she fills out a little and doesn't look so yearlingish(if that's a word)

My two year old showed her heart out. I was very proud of her. She went in and didn't take her focus off of me/the peppermint. I had us pinned 3rd, but we left with a 1st, 2nd, AND 3rd.

Saturday was a blur for me. I can't remember what I did in driving with my gelding. We placed under all three judges, but I don't know what. It was a large class of 10 and I was happy with our go. He behaved much better this time and didn't break when I asked him to extend.

My sister and I both showed him in hunter, jumper, and Halter obstacle. He didn't do so well with either of us in hunter. He did take second with my sister in youth jumper but I tripped over him trying to turn for the last two jumps and scared him into knocking over the next jump.

He did very well with both of us in halter obstacle taking a first and two seconds with my sister in youth and two firsts and a third with me in ammy.

Anyway here are a couple of post-show pics of my girls.

Jami my yearling

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii103/m...celebration.jpg

Spring my two year old

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii103/m...celebration.jpg

Oh, and I finally got to see Catch for a second. It was like one of those slow motion clips in movies with the hot guy walking by except it was a gorgeous horse!!! He was on his way to the ring and I was heading back to the barn.

Edited to make pic links. They are thumbnail size in my photobucket, but are showing up huge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Steph,

Had a great time too in Fletcher. Lucky you only showed in the AMHR show. Toby didn't get into his classes for the AMHA show until almost 11pm last night. We then threw everything into the trailer, loaded the horses and hit the road. We got back to my friends house at 3 am and then I had to turn around and drive another hour to get home. Let's just say that I went to bed at 5 this morning. Still it was worth it.

Toby behaved great. He got two 4th's and a 3rd in driving obstacle. He also got two 6th place ribbons and one 5th place in Ammy country pleasure.

Laura

Congrats Laura! I knew you all would be up late. I got home about the time you went in. LOL

I'll try and get a pic of my harness since you didn't get to see it.

Congratulations on your wins!!!

happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif

Thanks Jill and Simple life.

I had such a great time showing for the first time this year. I met so many wonderful, helpful people and can't wait until next year. It's a long way off, but I'm already thinking of ways to improve and implement all of the tips I've recieved. Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome and not so much like a newcomer.

Thanks Aubrey and congrats to you too. Did you only bring the one colt?

Steph,

Are you coming to the two Newton County shows in September and August? If so I can see your harness there. I'm going to show Logan and hope he doesn't act foolish.

Laura

Thanks Aubrey and congrats to you too. Did you only bring the one colt?
Thanks, i also brought a two year old mare for my little sister to show and for me to show in amateur. She did decent but she doesn't exactly get the whole showing thing. She took 3rds in amateur out of like 7.

Aubrey, which 2 yo? Is she on your site?

Congrats on your placings! All your horses are beautiful, but I especially like your performance gelding!
default_wub.png

Thanks Ferin. I was very drawn to yours as well. He has such a HUGE sweeping stride! I could watch him trot all day.

sorry I didn't reply earlier. I was out of town.

Latest posts

Back