Back from the MN show...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tami

Reaction score
First let me say that the MN Equestrian Center is one of the nicest places around. Simply beautiful. I took only one horse. I got to see a lot of forum members
default_saludando.gif
. I was stalled with Russ (who I hope will share his placings) and we had a great time. Russ is sooo much fun. My husband Dennis and Russ' mom enjoyed laughing at Russ and I....lol. And we were right next to Marlee (sdmini) who did VERY well. The show was good sized and really nice horses. So anyway, I showed in 3 classes, model stallion, amateur and 2 year old colt under. There were 12 in model and 3 judges (here is where it gets a little fuzzy...lol) I "think" we got a 4th, 3rd and 1st (the first and 3rd I am sure of). Then in amatuer we got a 5th and 2nd. And then in 2 year old colts there was only one other colt and he was with a trainer and he was quite nice. In that class we got a second and 2 firsts. I was so pleased with Select. This was only his second show and I don't have him conditioned like I he should be.

So here are a couple of photos I took of Russ and Rico looking good.........

smiley%20(2).jpg

rico072608.JPG

default_wub.png
Rico .. I can't wait to see your 2009 foals love what soap suds produces
default_wub.png

Tami and Dennis are so much fun and were there to lend a helping hand whenever we needed it. She was Rico's own personal make-up artist.

Thanks to you both for everything..... Tami's boy Select is a beautiful horse and showed awesome for her....
default_wub.png
Hope she posts some pics of him too.

Tami did AWESOME out in the ring...she presents her horses so nicely......I was very happy for her....
default_aktion033.gif

She is so professional out in the ring...she shows a horse so nicely.

Tami got the pic of me in the warm up area trying to get him to pose.....for a pic. Rico was a little tired and I was ALOT tired.

Rico is quite the boy and I think the picture Tami captured of him looking at himself in the mirror at the show says it all !
default_wub.png

That horse loves himself a little...lol.....That is what makes him so neat. Not only is he a looker...he has a personality with some spunk/attitude and quite a bit of presence when he turns it on. Oh and can he strut his stuff....gives me goose bumps to see his trot.

Placings were all a blur for me it goes by fast....I was so nervous(horse was picking up on it from me) I asked Robbie Barth of Showtime Training Center here in Iowa to take him in 2 of his 4 classes entered. He placed 1st in model over class under all 3 judges.....he was the only horse but hey, he looked good for Robbie. Then I took him in amateur got 3 firsts. Then back to Robbie in the 2 year old class.....got all firsts. Then he went in for junior champion with Robbie and got Junior Champ under all 3 judges.

Then in Grand he got it under 2 judges and a Reserve under the other. He also got first in color under all judges.

6 Neck sashes in all for Rico and 12 blues. I just can't believe it...I sat here today just in awe of yesterday and Rico....
default_wub.png
It feels like a dream.....I have never had anything like this before in my life....and really am thankful.....

We even got to go into the non-rated champion of champion class at the end of the show which was a trill in itself.....I had Andrea Severson from Toy's Training Center take him in....she got Rico to show so awesome! She was his trainer last year and he SURE remembered her. Some beautiful horses won the class one from Tibbs and one mare Renee Bush showed from I think Lucky Hart Ranch?.....

wow....what a day for Rico! When those Jodie French pics get online...it's gonna be fun picking some great shots of Rico.

I got so many nice compliments on Rico and it feels so good. Renee from Lucky Hart Ranch said something really nice to me about Rico and it meant so much that she said it. I am such a newbie in the show world and she just made my day.

I loved him from the moment Tami posted his baby pics on the forum....been a fan ever since.......

LOTS of forum members I met...don't want to forget anyone but here is a start to a list. Pondalake and her daughter, Quartrae, Runway Ranch, Riverwood, Lavern, Riverdance, Sanny, yaddax3, S Bar P, sdmini, and Tami......probably forgetting someone(don't mean too)

I talked to alot of other people that I recognize from the mini world...that would be a big list to post. Glad to see everyone.
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to both of you on your exceptional placings. Tami, where are your photos?
default_poke.gif

Russ, your post is fantastic. I love when amateurs that not only appreciate but truly love their horses get such big wins. And I bet you don't contribute to Rico's arrogance one bit with all this flattery...
default_laugh.png

Congratulations to all, and especially to you Russ, sounds like you & Rico had a great show. I sure do like that photo of him looking in the mirror! May I say that's a very flattering picture of you too...I would for sure know you anywhere now that I've seen that picture!
default_laugh.png

Well Tiff, I didn't get any photos of Select.....
default_no.gif
. I do have one from just a couple days before the show though... I need to get some good photos of him. But my husband HATES to help with photos.

select072208.jpg

We only stayed for the AMHR show, but I did see Sue (Riverdance) and she was showing the AMHA show so maybe she will post about that. By the way, nice to finally meet you Sue!!!

Well, I am back from the show. Still working on a headach, the sun light is too bright.
default_rolleyes.gif
Groggy from lack of sleep too.

We did not show on Saturday (AMHR show) but came Saturday afternoon with 6 horses. 4 owned or leased by Royal Crescent. 2 of mine. 3 kids, 1 grandmother and lots and lots of STUFF!! Wow, do kids bring STUFF!! It has been a few years since I have had teenagers. I keep forgetting about their STUFF!!

Finally get the trailer unloaded, stalls set up. Time to wash horses.

Got a brief chance to say hello to some forum members as we were taking horses to the wash stalls. Hello again
default_saludando.gif
Sorry I did not have much time to stay and talk.

My poor Affair had what seemed to be an allergic reaction to bug bites last week when I clipped him down and now he has scabby cleared up spots of skin all over his face and back. Dosen't look pretty. Gave him a soothing bath again and put him in his stall with lots of extra groceries. He has shot up 1 inch since the last show. No wonder I have been having trouble keeping weight on him.

Got all of the horses situated, bathed, fed and helped Barb finish clipping down Towney a horse of mine that she is leasing. She just took him last week, and then decided to bring him to the show for experience. Last week he was bairly halter trained.
default_rolleyes.gif
She and her girls have done a wonderful job of working with Towney. He now trailers, clips, bathes, (of course halters) In a couple of years Towney is going to be an awesome driving horse.

After all of the work, I took Barb and her family to their hotel and went back to the barn to finish up with my two horses. Then climbed into my trailer at 12:00 to catch some sleep. HAH!! It is such a bear to get old. My body hurt so bad, that I could not find a comfortable spot to sleep.
default_no.gif
Plus the AMHR portion of the show did not get over till about 12:00AM and all of the AMHR people went home after the show. It did not get quiet till well after 2:00 AM. Then someone had left their dog in their truck so that it would not disutb their sleep
default_wacko.png
The dog barked the rest of the night so I did not get any sleep.

Up at 5:00 to feed horses and go pick Barb and her clan up at the hotel. Show starts at 8:00 and I was in the second class, Barb in the first calss. By this time I was a walking zombie.

Barb did really well in her first class with a 2 year old filly she is leasing from me. Riverdance's Monarch Surprise. Prize was only leased about 3 weeks ago and was fresh out of pasture before then. She took a 1st, 2nd and I am not sure what the other was. Judge 2 was definatly picking different from the other two judges. He is a quarter horse/paint person. I will leave it for her to say what she won with what horse, as I really do not know, but I know she and the kids were happy with what they got.

My first horse, Riverdance's Wind In The Willow. Tthe first judge did not like her too much. Perhaps lthe blue eyes disturbed her, she gave her I think 4ths and 5ths. The 2nd judge gave her a second (blue eyed pinto) and the 3rd judge gave her a first. Then she won a Grand Champion under the 3rd judge. Next was Affair. Poor Affair who had bug bite scabs all over his face. (still do not know where he got all of those bites, the barn has a fly spray system. All I can think of is an alergic reation, or perhaps a fungas infection? Anyway, I bought something to treat him for it if it is a fungas infection) He won under judge 1 in both of his classes, I think 4ths or 5ths, under judge 2 and 2nds under judge 3.(ugly scabs, underweight and all. I was really surprised and happy)

I was finished at 12:00,(first year I had no driving horse, since he is sold) but Barb and her clan were just getting started. I cleaned and packed up my stuff, went shopping for a while at the horse store there at the show grounds
default_biggrin.png
and helped Jeannie Krug get her stuff packed up and out when she left. Then I went back to the trailer for a nap. That lasted about 30 minutes when Barb's daughter went looking for me and woke me up. Back to the show to watch. I know that Barb and her kids won lots of other classes, but too groggy to remember in what. Show was over at 6:30. We pakced up and headed on out to home.

Parked the trailer in the driveway, got the horses out and went inside to bed. I am typing this now while I wait for Barb and her kids to wake up and help with the clean up chores and unpacking and repacking to their trailer.

Sorry I was too busy or groggy to spend more time socializing. Hard to do when one is doing all that work for just a one day show. So I will say hello, great show, and see you at the next one.
default_saludando.gif

I need to go back to bed!!
default_wink.png

Hey Tami,

Saw you were posting the same time I was. It was nice to finally meet you too. I did not really get a chance to talk with eveyone. It is hard to do a 1 day show. I was so out of it on Sunday with no sleep and a body that felt at least 80 years old. Anyway, I did have some pictures of Willow taken and Barb had some of Prize, with their wins, but they did not come out. I bought my camera to take some, but was too harried and tired to bother. I will have to get you pictures later.

Hey, We just got back home from the show and settling horses a little while ago. I will post what we got later. For starters though, Riverdance Monarchs Surprise was my first one out and she got 1 first and 2 2nds in her first class (amateur junior mare) and went on to get Reserve Champion Junior mare!
default_yes.gif
I will get another picture to post later, but this is her picture at Sues

surprisefile.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
So happy for you all ! Sounds like you all had a blast
default_aktion033.gif
Can't wait to see some more photos
default_biggrin.png
[/SIZE]

Congrats on all the butt kicking LOL!

Joy

It was a loooong drive but had a lot of fun and Russ and Tami but did exceptional. Our tack stall was on the other side of Tami's Select and what a love he was. My boys did very well and I was proud of all of them.

I wandered the stalls talking to everyone and had a more or less very relaxed time of it all, unlike this coming week with nine horses, three kids and sleeping in a tack stall. What was I thinking. :DOH!

Sounds like everyone had a good time. Glad to hear. We showed Saturday and did okay. Nothing to be disappointed about. Sunday we worked the gate, so had Renee Bush from Claybury show 2 of our yearling fillies. They both took all firsts and then we won all 3 Grand champion mares. Our Puck filly won under judge 1 and 2 and our Supreme filly won under judge 3. We were thrilled. They also went on to champion of champions later, but our one filly was beat by her daddy. We did see judge 3 write our other fillies number down. I asked about this and sounds like it meant she would be an alternate if Puck was disqualified for some reason. Of course he won't be, no reason to and he well deserves it!

I enjoyed the judges. They made comments throughout the show and did a good job. Sounds like there were 168 horses entered. Great numbers that the judges said we should be proud of.

I am with Riverdance on the lack of sleep. We were parked right by the barns. Friday night we didn't get to bed until after 2:30am. Then I am guessing around 4:00am the grounds crew came in and were running 4 wheelers, gators and tractors getting things ready for the show. I maybe got 2 hours of sleep. Saturday night was better, but still short since I needed to get up and get our filly ready and then head to the gate for the day. Got home at 1:00am this morning. I slept in, got up and filled out national entries, Sioux Falls entries, and cleaned out the trailer. Then in for a much needed nap.

Maybe we should come up with a sign for all forum members to put on their stalls! I didn't look for anyone in particular as we were so busy on Friday literally running through those classes and so tired on Sat. that we just wanted to rest! If you were in Halter Obstacle under class you might remember my filly. She took 2 firsts and then we managed to stay upright in the Golden Age Jumper to win there too.

Congratulations to everyone on their placings!

Sorry I didn't get to personally meet/introduce myself to Royal Crescent, Echo Acres and Sandee....hopefully next year. Your horses all looked beautiful!

P.S. Connie-Riverwood......it sure was nice meeting you too....tell Royce hello and see ya next year!

default_aktion033.gif
Congratulations to both of you (and all that were there). Rico looks great Russ!

default_aktion033.gif
Congrate's to everyone!! Wish I could of gone but a little too far of a drive for me! Will see you Sue at Centrals in a very short week! Rico & Select look VERY NICE!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back