Back from the LK Heritage Sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greystone

Reaction score
Girls weekend was terrific. Took my friend, daughter and her friend from Lebanon, TN up to Madison, IN. Never been to the Heritage sale and was so thrilled to get to go to the last. With all those minis I can't see how it could be the last. With all the work they put into it I could see it being the last. The weather was just beautiful. We walked down, then up (I really got a work out this weekend) to the barns. Wow! is all I can say. When I win the lottery I want a barn like that. My girlfriend is a big horse person and she was enchanted by the first pasture that had some babies in it. She also loved all the buckskin; me too. I just had to go being my first born (GSF Diamond in the Rough) is a great grand daughter of Buckeroo. I did not plan on buying but now could kick myself for not putting some funds to the side. I also left my driver's license in the car. I didn't take a real close look at the horses (teeth, legs) but the silent auction had some real deals. The first few auctioned off sold what I thought for the caliper of horses rather low. And of course when I got home my husband said, "Why didn't you get any?"

Thanks for sharing the experience. I can only imagine how wonderful a time you had. It is so nice to hear good news.

Has anyone posted the sale prices yet?
I wrote down the first 10 and then just enjoyed. I know they were all under $5,000; a couple just over $2,000. Before I stopped writing them down a colt went for $9,7000 I believe.

Has anyone posted the sale prices yet?
I wrote down the first 10 and then just enjoyed. I know they were all under $5,000; a couple just over $2,000. Before I stopped writing them down a colt went for $9,7000 I believe.

ALL where under $5,000? Does anyone have the prices? That's not I expected coming from this sale.

Hi

I was there all weekend , and it was a Event to remember..
default_yes.gif
And to answer your question NO they were not all under $5,000 .. I think what Greystone meant all that she wrote down.. And actually the 3 that were NO Saled , sold after the sale... One went for $40,000 , it was a beautiful Red & White mare with the most exotic Buckeroo colt on her side... I think she was no saled at $29,500.. Then one of the show mares was P.O. sold for $25,000

I think the average was down a bit , but for what is going on in the world today with our Dollar and Gas and whatever else , They brought very good money..
default_wink.png

No all were not under $5000. I went and had a super time. I have my catalog and wrote down the prices. If you have any specific lot#s I will PM you on them. I don't have time right now to post all the prices. Several went fairly high (not as high as before but then the economy is not as it was before either). The silent auction horses were bargains.

We had wanted to go see Buckeroo and his sons for a while, this was our last chance. We breed from White Russian lines and it was a thrill to see all the stallions on stage. Food was great, entertainment, things for kids to do was great also. The birthday cake was huge and gorgeous. I know it was a huge challenge to put on this affair every year and it did not disappoint us at all. We bid on a couple lots but were over our budget. That's okay, someone got a great deal. Thanks for the chance to let us experience a good time!

Edited to add: Sorry Belinda, must have been typing at the same time!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Belinda -

Was the red/white mare with colt the one that won the dinner derby? I won a drink on that pair; didn't put up any cash.

We were lucky enought to spend the weekend at Little King Farm too. Incredible to see Buckeroo on his 30th Birthday. We were lucky enough to bring home a Buckeroo Buckskin son, a 3 year old stallion, and a Buckeroo grandaughter who is in foal to White Russian. Also brought home 3 girls from the silent auction, a Buckerooo grandaughter with a filly by her side, a Fire & Ice grandaughter with a filly by her side, and a Buckeroo grandaughter in foal to Dream Davinci.

So excited to have been able to attend and bring home such wonderful horses.

The Eberth family were such wonderful hosts and made the weekend fun for everyone. Their love for Buckeroo is truly amazing.

Latest posts

Back