Back from the amhr/aspc World Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getitia

Reaction score
one of the 3 weanling that we exhibited. This is BuckeyeWCF Kewpies Silver Ghost - amhr/aspc/foundation. It seems like several exhibitors were showing weanlings at this show - Was like a Nationals "warm up". This was Ghost's first time out and with the youngsters you just never know what to expect
new_shocked.gif

The world show continues to grow each year and although some of the classes were light in entries, others were very well represented both in numbers and quality. Congrats to all of the winners.

Ghost is the first foal born for us out of Kewpies Paposa of Arenosa - Papo sired so many outstanding foals for Bristol Pony farm before joining our breeding program. Ghost ended up with a 1st in his weanling class and a 1st in the area 2 Futurity class.

Hard to believe this guy is 25 inches - What he lacks in height, he sure makes up for in attitude.

Maggies05colt.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]HE is so beautiful!!! Cant wait to see what Uno gives us putting the Arenosa into our Michigans!!!! Hope we do as well as you ! Congradulations![/SIZE]

Lyn

(Just a question, to lynj, about that "michigan" label...is that a farm that used to breed in MIchigan? I've seen that name in front of a lot of horses and wonder where it comes from?)

Ghost is awesome! He will be fabulous as he grows..COngratulations. Maxine

I love him! He's my kind of guy and definately my color! What an expression on his face, wow!!!!!!!

Just as a side note: I wanted to tell you that Sheryl taught me the correct pronounciation of your name when she was here. She made me practice it over and over until I did it right and I will never mis-pronounce it again! (giggles)
wub.gif
We're your biggest fans.
aktion033.gif

Congrats on all your wins, as Getitia said the show only continues to grow and we had so much fun with everyone there this year. Ghost is even better looking in person with personality PLUS
aktion033.gif

Stunning!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

As for the "Michigan" prefix - it belongs to Taylor Pony Farm in Ohio. If I remember the story correctly the original Taylor who started the farm went to college in Michigan and that's why they used the prefix Michigan.

Lewella said:
Stunning! 
aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif

As for the "Michigan" prefix - it belongs to Taylor Pony Farm in Ohio.  If I remember the story correctly the original Taylor who started the farm went to college in Michigan and that's why they used the prefix Michigan.

431722[/snapback]

" In 1945, Dr. Samuel F. Taylor ( a local dentist ) moved with his wife Mary, and three children, Joe, Kay, and Tom out of the town , to a farm located just north of Hudson, Michigan. He bought the kids a Shetland pony, and Taylor Pony Farm was born.....

I am Dr. Thomas J. Taylor ( a veterinarian ) and since my dad died in 1990, I have been the owner and manager of the Taylor Pony Farm. We started showing grade ponies at the county fairs in 1949, and continued showing at this level for the next eight years. In 1955 we had both the Grand Champion Pony Mare and Grand Champion Pony Stallion at the Michigan State Fair. My older brother Joe, and my sister Kay did most of the showing as kids. I was the youngest and didn't get to show extensively until later , when Joe and Kay went on to pursue their careers. Joe is now a Pediatrician in Grand Rapids, Michigan, where he lives with his wife Jan. My sister, Kay Miller was a Dental Hygienist and lived with her husband Bob Miller and their three children until her untimely death in 1974. The bulk of the work with the ponies, and the showing, fell to me, and the pony showing continued on and grew to include my wife, Shirley Taylor, and our three children, Sam, Abbie, and Matt. Dr. S.F. Taylor was always very active in the American Shetland Pony Club(ASPC) and was a lifetime member. He was a National Director in the late '60's. He felt that Shetland ponies were a nice hobby that the whole family could enjoy together, family was always dad's biggest concern, and the friends that we have made through the years in this business have only proved him right. Grandpa Sam went to all of the shows with us and did all of the breeding, with the help of longtime hired hand, Gerald Earles. "

Above taken from his website. http://www.taylorponyfarm.com/

new_shocked.gif
What a stunning picture! I would never guess he is only 25" either. Congrats on your well-deserved wins!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Thank you so very much
biggrin.gif
When Bristol Pony Farm gave us the opportunity to own "The Legend" as I call him, we were overjoyed and I still pinch myself everytime I walk by his stall.

We will be taking some updated photos of "Papo" as so many individuals own his offspring or grandoffspring amd have asked for photos of him. Here is a more recent head shot photo. He is one of the very rare - aspc/amhr/ and amha pure arenosa stallions bred by Audrey Barrett herself.

papo0503.jpg

He is beautiful
wub.gif
yes.gif
....I now have 3 forum fav horses!

Last edited by a moderator:
YEAH!!! Congrats! Know there was some tuff competition at that show!!! Ghost sure has the style and grace of his sire...I gotta post a pic of his brother....our new boy too!

[SIZE=14pt]He really is gorgeous!!! I MUST have one of his daughters some day![/SIZE]

Lyn

Latest posts

Back