Back from Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Us N Texas

Reaction score
We're home. Got home about 1:00 A.M. Sunday morning, spent most of the day yesterday sleeping and just lazing around. Didn't think our placings were so good till I did a little reflecting about them. We took 3 - 3 year olds for driving. Two were driving long enough to drive at a couple of shows, one had about 30 days training. He is the 28 3/4 inch little guy that everyone thought was as cute as a button. All three placed in the top ten of their classes. Cliff drove Double Trouble's Triana to a 6th place. Cliff's first Nationals, and the father of Dillon who was Reserve National Champion in 7 and under driving! The other filly Double Trouble's Strawberry Wine was 9th in her class, and ATS Burn Baby Burn (the little guy) was 10th. All three were broke and trained by my daughter Tina. Burnie went in the large class of Country Western Pleasure 32 and under and did not place, but was used 6th by one of the judges. That was special to us, as he has had such limited training. I hated for us to take him in a way, because he is so tiny and my hubby weighs about 180 lbs. I was so proud of him though, as nothing seemed to really bother him. He was in there for a purpose, and he saw to it that that purpose was taken care of! He drove like a seasoned horse. He will make a fine youth horse for Dillon next year.

Jerry's seasoned HOF horse got his tongue over his bit, and drove with his head down on the ground. Nothing you can do in a class when that happens! Needless to say, he didn't place. Jerry was disappointed he didn't have a better drive, but if it can go wrong, it will go wrong during a class sometimes!

I enjoyed it all, and had a great time trading some barbs with Larry Parnell about the Good Lord building our butts too close to the ground!

Nationals are a great enjoyment to us because we get to see all the old friends we only get to see once a year, and make new ones that we hope to see next year. It is so hard to put into words all the good feelings and experiences you take away from there!

Congratulations on your placings!
default_aktion033.gif
It was fun being stalled close to all of you this year, tell Petey Angel said she is looking forward to sniffing him next year! She is too tired to think too much right now.

default_biggrin.png

Petie sure likes him some Angel! He too is tired, and oh so glad to be home. It sure is nice being stalled close to someone you know, and are friendly with, and whose dogs like each other!

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Definately nothing to complain about with those placings!! Glad you had a good time.
default_smile.png

Texas a win is a win, stand up and BE PROUD!!!!!!! You did good
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
TJ

Latest posts

Back