Back from Fletcher show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferin

Reaction score
We got back from the Fletcher show this afternoon. It was a great show and we had a great time. I took two horses and am very proud of both of them.

Sierra, my Sr halter mare, outdid herself. She came home with numerous 1sts in halter as well as 2 Champion Sr Mare and 1 Reserve Champion Sr Mare. She then went on to get a Reserve Grand Champion Mare behind one of Lee Crutchfield's gorgeous mares. I am extremely proud of how she did!

Twister, my show gelding, also made me proud. This was his 2nd show with me and his 3rd show ever. He is still green in driving but acted like a seasoned driver. He took 1sts and 2nds in Roadster as well as Single Pleasure Driving and Versatility. He also did decent in halter.

There wasnt a show photographer but our friend, Karen Hunter (minimomNC), got some great arena pictures for us. We also took a few pics outside the arena.

Sierra...

Sierra2.jpg

DSCN1140-2.jpg

DSCN1147-3.jpg

Twister...

Twister.jpg

DSCN1149-2.jpg

DSCN1154-2.jpg

Congrats, they look great and i love all of your horses
default_wub.png
. I would love to see some driving pictures from the show of your boy too
default_biggrin.png

Congrats, they look great and i love all of your horses . I would love to see some driving pictures from the show of your boy too
Thanks Leeana! I wish we would have been able to get some driving pictures, but things were really busy around that time. Ill try to get some new ones of him driving soon.
default_yes.gif

They look great, congratulations! They look like they are in perfect condition.

I too would love to see some new driving pics...
default_smile.png

Andrea

Twister is so cool looking! I absolutely love his markings. He must really get noticed in the ring!

Congratulations Ferin you had a very good show. Also congratulations on winning High Point Amateur in AMHR too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the sweet comments!
default_wub.png
I will definately get some new driving pictures of Twister soon.

Congratulations Ferin you had a very good show. Also congratulations on winning High Point Amateur in AMHR too!
Thanks Aubrey! I think you have a certain colt you need to brag about too.
default_wink.png

Congrats on all your wins! Your mare is lovely and Twister, well I am in love
default_wub.png
since before u bought him.

Congrats on all your wins! Your mare is lovely and Twister, well I am in love since before u bought him.
Thanks! I saw Banker for the first time at this show. He is absolutely gorgeous!
default_wub.png

Thanks Aubrey! I think you have a certain colt you need to brag about too.
Well since you said something i guess i have to share now too.

Aloha Acres California Dreamin, my yearling colt that i own in partnership with some friends had another good show. I decided to give Liberty a try with him on Saturday to see how he would do, i knew he would move but wasn't sure if i could catch him. But anyways he did great and flagged his tail the whole time while showing off his huge trot. He ended up winning a first and 2 thirds out of like 13 horses, not too bad for his first time. Then today he took 2 firsts and a second in Amateur Jr. Stallions with 6 or 7 in the class. Then he went on to win 2 Amateur Grands and a Reserve Grand. Here are some pictures of him from today.

DSC01002.jpg

DSC01001.jpg

Ferin I think Sierra just keeps getting better and better. She's just lovely.
default_yes.gif

Karen did a very pretty job on the pictures for you. Love the blue halter on Twister too. He sure is flashy.

Well guess who made it part way to the show and then got side tracked somewhere in Gatlinburg! And it wasn't me. Oh geez.........
default_yes.gif
You'll just have to come and spend a few days on the mountain!

Congrats on your pretty man too Aubrey!
default_aktion033.gif

I agree with Marty...Sierra just gets better and better.

They are both gorgeous Ferin and so wonderfully presented!

Aubrey your colt looks really nice.

Thanks again for the kind comments!

Ferin I think Sierra just keeps getting better and better. She's just lovely.
Karen did a very pretty job on the pictures for you. Love the blue halter on Twister too. He sure is flashy.

Well guess who made it part way to the show and then got side tracked somewhere in Gatlinburg! And it wasn't me. Oh geez......... You'll just have to come and spend a few days on the mountain!

Congrats on your pretty man too Aubrey!
Thanks Marty! Aww I wish Dan and you could have come to Fletcher. We had fun and it would have been even better with yall!
default_yes.gif
I will make a trip to the mountain sometime soon. I gotta se yall again and meet the Prancers.
default_wink.png

Well since you said something i guess i have to share now too.
Aloha Acres California Dreamin, my yearling colt that i own in partnership with some friends had another good show. I decided to give Liberty a try with him on Saturday to see how he would do, i knew he would move but wasn't sure if i could catch him. But anyways he did great and flagged his tail the whole time while showing off his huge trot. He ended up winning a first and 2 thirds out of like 13 horses, not too bad for his first time. Then today he took 2 firsts and a second in Amateur Jr. Stallions with 6 or 7 in the class. Then he went on to win 2 Amateur Grands and a Reserve Grand. Here are some pictures of him from today.
There's the gorgeous boy!
default_wub.png
He was breathtaking in liberty. Cant wait to see that boy driving!

There's the gorgeous boy! He was breathtaking in liberty. Cant wait to see that boy driving!
Thanks Ferin! Also thanks for helping convince me into putting him in liberty. He suprised me with how well he did and actually letting me catch him.

Hey Aubrey, I wanted to see more of your colt so I went to your website but hes not there! Update please!!
default_biggrin.png

Hey Aubrey, I wanted to see more of your colt so I went to your website but hes not there! Update please!!
Hey sorry i have been waiting on getting some good pictures of him before i add him on the website. I did add him to the shows page though. I plan on getting some professional pictures taken of him soon too. He is sired by First Knights Dream Come True and out of a gorgeous Bond Chauncy daughter. I have only had him for 2 shows now and he has won 7 Grands and 1 Reserve for me. Before i bought him he was taken to his first show by Aloha Acres Training Center and won 2 Reserves. He is a really neat colt and i am very happy with him. I am taking him to the Eastern Regional Championship show at the end of the month.

Latest posts

Back