Back from Central Pt. A/R show!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
Well, it was set up to be a long show for us, started Thursday, we arrived Wed. night about a half hour before measuring. I'd been to this show a few times before, so I thought I knew what to expect, but was surprised when we arrived and the stalls I had hoped to have were not ours. We were, instead, placed in temporary pipe stalls in a small tent type thing w/no sides!
unsure.gif

I have two small children and I was counting on the solid side structures placed on the concrete to create a little room out of the sun and also capable of containing them!!! The floors on the temps were deep sand/dust, and far away from the arena in an area none of the others were located.
sad.gif
Our stalls were not even bedded nor had any lights, etc., and a couple of them would not close. Wah. After driving for 8 hours to arrive and not expecting it, it was too much, and I considered backing out as I knew we could not watch the kids in that situation (they could crawl out the tube stalls and they would have, plus they would have been playing in three inch deep dust and grit! Also, the sun shines in during a.m. and p.m. as it gets low in the sky, my little boys are very light skinned...youch.)

So the reason this happened to us is that there was an auction (not affiliated w/the show) being held and they had reserved a lot of stalls, leaving less than usual on top of the fact that they also held an AMHR also show for the first time ever.

BUT, the show management went out of their way to accomodate us, even taking on the grumpy auction people to make sure we had the stalls we needed, though we did have to stall our horses in different areas from our tack and 'getaway/baby" room. I felt bad for them, but I felt that they valued my presence enough to deal w/the headache, so am grateful.

On Thursday, the weather was cool in the a.m. and we were mostly done showing by the time it heated up.

Mouse was reserve champ jr. Gelding twice and Grand Champ Jr. Gelding.
smile.gif
Another sad thing was they gave blue ribbons (first place) for Grand Champ in the Champ classes for AMHR and red second places for the Reserves!
sad.gif
Kinda took the fun out of winning, but we got the points, I would imagine.

Lark took three firsts out of four in her weanie class, but was out of the running in the mares class against the big girls.
smile.gif

Friday was a "day off" for us, so we tried to visit and stay out of the heat w/the little ones. Also watched the auction horses arrive and then we watched that. (I have the auction sale prices, etc. if anyone wants me to post them).

I am sad to say we missed seeing Rob's horse win, but we heard about it!

I got to visit w/lots of Forum members and was happy to do so! Jo is sweet and her daughter is very pretty. My middle son saw her and apparently went to tell his older brother and Hilary that "that was his girlfriend!" *LOL* I saw Michelle again, also got to meet sedeh and wcr. Annette was there w/her gorgeous horses, too.

On Saturday, the AMHA portion of the show, Lark and I did ok, but the judges apparently did not favor her. I still think she is a little beauty and I did get a lot of compliments on her.
smile.gif
She was SUCH a good girl even though she is not yet weaned.

On Sunday (haha my birthday, thanks, Hilary, for giving that one away!!), Mouse and I were to show in the Gelding classes. We did "ok" in the Amateur, but he really did well in the Open Jr. Gelding classes (he does love to show, even though it was hot, he stood very well for me and gave me ears, his eyes light up, etc.) and eventually took two Grand Champ Jr. Geldings, and one Reserve (yay, neck ribbons this time!). It was something like 100 degrees Friday and Saturday, also Sunday, so I appreciated Mouse's attitude.

We even earned a place in the Supreme Halter Horse arena (all the Grand Champs from each gender/age division). Was fun to be in there w/the judge's faves, and that winning Gelding (!) was wonderful as was the mare handled by Vicky Smothermon!!!

All in all, it was a really great show and I truly want to thank the show staff for their time and effort.

Exhibitors brought some gorgeous entries, in both registries.

I hope to be able to attend this show next year!

We made it home in about 6 hours, and the horses were GLAD!

OR State Fair next!!!

Liz M.

[SIZE=14pt]Wow Liz, Glad you got the stall thing handled and also congradulations on the great placings!![/SIZE]

Lyn
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I was so glad to finally be able to watch Mouse show IN PERSON. I missed seeing the open class, but watched the AMHA Championship class.

As I stated in the other thread, I watched this very hot and tired looking leggy gelding COME ALIVE in the show ring! His eyes started sparkling, his ears perked, he stood up proud with his head high and forward. I have never seen an animal "TURN ON" for the stage like Mouse does! He deserved to win and he knew it!

Congratulations, Liz. You know your horse and know how to show him.

MA

Thanks, MA, your comments made me feel pretty good about having him out there.

Our weather here has been in the upper 60s, so I was glad that Mouse bucked up and showed for me. I try to keep in touch with his moods, and it always appears to me that he's happier when we go to shows and in the weeks leading up to them. Don't know, sometimes it seems that I would just see what I want to see, but he doesn't ever seem burnt out. He does act up on me sometimes, but he's usually responding to my own nerves.

He's a bit of a prima donna, *LOL*.

But he's fun to show, and hopefully next year, we can start his performance career!

Liz

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
YAY Mouse! YAY Liz!!! Sounds like a good show, though you certainly did have your difficult moments.

I am very interested to hear how you thought the show was attended, both R and A. Do you feel this was a successful AMHR show? It was sure discussed heavily at the NWMHC meeting before deciding to go ahead with it.

I am also interested in the prices received at that auction. Do you feel that it was a successful sale? Probable to repeat in the future?? Do you have the link to the sale, I have misplaced it.

Thanks Liz, for your great report!

Auction link

here is the auction link.

I doubt anyone would want to do it again. If you want to talk about it, we can pm or email.

I will post the prices in a while, but have lots to do today, first.

I felt the show was fairly well attended AMHR, but not sure about the over division. I didn't ask about the numbers, but apparently lots of entries.

smile.gif

Liz

[SIZE=14pt]Hi Liz, well shoot your middle son should have come up and talked to Zoee. LOL.[/SIZE]

It was really nice to meet you; I just wish it wasn’t so dog gone hot.

Kind of wondering what that little bald faced colt went for?

[SIZE=14pt]Oh just read your last post here, must have posted at the same time.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Lot #16 the bald faced colt was NS @ $400.

Liz

Congratulations Liz and Mouse!!!
aktion033.gif

(pics please???? You know we need to feed the "Mouse Addiction"! LOL!!!
wub.gif
)

And a Very Happy (though belated) Birthday also!!!!
wink.gif

Nancy
smile.gif

Hey Nootka,

Really great meeting you and your little filly is drop dead gorgeous. An absolute miniature arab.

As for the sale, out of 53 lots 15 horses sold. We added up that there was $22,000 in sales with 2 Zarzuela horses bringing $11,500. Tell you anything? It ended up being more of a production sale for she who will not be named.

Wow, Liz - that is fantastic!!! Sounds like once you got your accommodations under control
new_shocked.gif
things really fell into place for you!

You must be soooo proud of your Mouse! He's a stunning horse, and deserves every possible recognition!!

Again, congratulations!!!
aktion033.gif

Congratulations, Liz! I am not suprised that Mouse did so well -- again
hearton.gif
I really like him!

Congrats, Liz and Mouse and Lark!!! Glad the stalling situation was worked out... sounds like a great show for y'all. I wish I coulda been there!

Kari

Latest posts

Back