Back from Area IV

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

It was a very nice show! I believe about 140 minis plus 80 or so ponies. There were some BEAUTIFUL horses presented at this show!
default_yes.gif
Belinda had an Over Sr Stallion that I couldn't take my eyes off of!
default_drool5.gif
You know, the kind of horse that demands you look at him. It didn't matter who else was in the Grand and Reserve class (sorry to anyone else who had a horse in the class..this is just my opinion of what I saw) this guy was going to take it all!
default_aktion033.gif
Drop dead gorgeous head and neck. Beautiful, perfectly proportioned body. After he showed in his open class I went up to the owner (Lisa Strauss from the forum) and asked if I could pet him. I was like a groupie! She said he was 8 years old!!!! Are you kidding me??? With a neck like that??? Unreal!
default_new_shocked.gif
And I don't even like OVER horses! :DOH!

OK, now for my horses.
default_biggrin.png
Binky, my 2 yr old gelding, took first in Model which thrilled me. I think he got about 3rd in both open and ammy. Maybe 2nd in ammy. Sera, my 2yr old mare showed very well I thought, but showing against 33" horses she just couldn't compete for a 1st or 2nd. Binky also took 3rd in liberty with about 16 entries. Overall it was a very nice show.

I want to say that stallion Belinda is showing for Lisa is Charlie, it may be another though, but he is
default_drool5.gif

Congrats
default_aktion033.gif
, would love to hear how everyone else did as well
default_yes.gif

Turnout was great from this show......from what I heard from Sandy at the time, 169 miniatures, 58 ponies, and 4 show ponies............and gelding classes were some of the biggest there.

Hey Erica - you had a very nice show! I knew going in to every class with you I didn't have a chance...and I was right!LOL You're horses were beautifully conditioned and turned out as usual.
default_yes.gif

Parmela,

Congratulations on your show wins! Sounds like it was a great show! I wish I could have gone.........just to watch. Maybe next year.

We're hoping to go to Tulsa to watch some of the Nationals. I'll look for you!

Pam C.

Hi Parmela! I'm really glad you came and introduced yourself to me and Charlie.
default_smile.png

Yes, that Over Stallion Belinda was showing is Charlie, B&L's Rock "E" Good Man Charlie. He is 8 this year, and we are so pleased how he's hanging right in there with the youngsters. Belinda has done a superb job with Charlie, and I think he looks better everytime I get to see him.
default_wub.png
(Not that I'm biased!
default_wink.png
) I haven't had a chance to download the pictures from this weekend, but here's a picture of Charlie from a show earlier this year.

IMG_27142.jpg

It was an honor to win the Grand for the Over Division at the Area IV show because there were several I would love to call mine there!

I thought the turnout for the show was great. There were lots of nice horses, and I got to meet lots of nice people.
default_saludando.gif
The exhibitor dinner on Liberty night was really tasty, and I don't think we could have asked for nicer weather in July!

Sandy Grabow is a terrific show manager and she helped make the show enjoyable for my family.

We usually show in Area VI, but it was fun to venture into another Area to get reacquainted with many of the people we only get to see at AMHR Nationals.

There were many stunning horses in both Halter and Performance classes.

And ...

There are many fine judges out there, but Patrick Sanders is right up there among the best. Anyway, that's one opinion.

If anyone is interested, we have a capsule of our show results on the News page of our website:

Enchanted Hollow Area IV Results

Last edited by a moderator:
It was nice to see everyone, and what a great turnout! It defintelly felt like an area show, it was awesome. The barns were competely full, and it was all exciting.

My friend's yearling filly got 4th in liberty, under out of I believe it was 19. For being just a yearling I think that is awesome, she is finially starting to get the idea at what liberty is all about.

My gelding Red got 3rd out of 10 I believe in open halter obstacle, under, 1st in amateur halter obstacle and a friend of mine showed him in youth halter obstacle and took 1st place. Also I don't want to jump the gun but I believe he got his HOF in obstacle at this show.

Next stop, Nationals
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back