Back from Area 2

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
After arriving home, all I can say is wow! I had a great time and I'd like to share my trip with y'all.
default_smile.png

This past weekend, I was in Ashland, Ohio for the AMHR Area 2 National Show. Early Thursday Morning my step-dad Joe and I loaded up Joy and Nitro and headed down to Lori Rafter's farm. There we met up with Dale and Yvonne. We loaded all our things in Lori's trailer, thanks to Mike, who is amazing to watch pack!

After the horses, all 7 of them, were loaded up, we started of on our 6 and ahalf hour drive to Ashland. We got the late, around 10:00-10:30pm. We unloaded, stalled the horses and then set up camp.

The next three days were a blur! I'll list my placings after, but I was able to meet Kaykay, Kyle, Les, Getitia, Leeana (sort of
default_smile.png
), E Pony Training Center, From the Heart, High Mountain Miniatures and so many more amazing farms and people! I really had a good time meeting Kaykay and Getitia, they are very sweet people. We were also lucky to meet Star Lake Tack, where I was able to buy a BEAUTIFUL western halter for Joy.
default_wub.png
I found they had just amazing service here, and I was very happy with them!

There were so many stunning horses and the grounds were just breath taking! Lovely barns, Nice warm up areas and a wonderful, huge indoor arena to show in. "Hoof and Paw Photography" I believe they were called, was there taking lovely pictures. I can't wait to receive the pictures we ordered. I was able to pick out one adorable picture of Joy, one of me winning my award (for my step-dad
default_wub.png
) and 3 lovely action shots of Nitro, a Jumping one, a Roadster one and a regular Driving one.

I want to send out a special thank you to Rob from Fox Lane Farm, he hosted a great show that went very smoothly and I know he was very busy! Also to "Sharron" who lent my the much needed helmet, as well as the Taylor's! I wish I could have thanked you in person! You saved me! THANK YOU!

I also wanted to say CONGRATS to everyone at the show! There were alot of nice horses and wonderful people. It was also great to see alot of fellow Ontario farms there.

Joy

3 year old, 33" mare:

JoyandDesafterArea22008.jpg

Hunter: 2 classes, placed in both, but I don't remember the placings! Sorry

Jumper: 1st

Liberty: 6th

Model Halter:

Open Halter:

Youth Halter:

Colour: 6th

Showmanship: 3rd

Nitro

9 year old, 35" gelding:

3250291073_0_12.jpg

2008_012area2prehalter.jpg

2008_012area2.jpg

Hunter: 2 classes, placed in both, but I don't remember the placings! Sorry

Jumper: 1st

Liberty: 1th

Youth Halter: 2nd

Colour: ??? - I can't remember

Showmanship: 1st

Roaster Open: 2nd

Roadster Youth: 2nd

Roadster Stake: 3rd

WCP Open: 1st

WCP Stake: Champion (1st)

***AMHR Area 2 High Point Over Miniature Youth Award*** was also awarded to Nitro (I really was not expecting this! I was very shocked!)

After a LONG trip home I just wanted to send out a very special thank you Yvonne, my step-dad Joe, Dale, and those at home in Canada! All of you made this an amazing trip!

But I REALLY would like to send out a super special thank you to a very dear friend of mine who made this ALL possible - Even when some very unexpected issues came up, she always stayed calm... Lori Rafter of Maple Mountain Miniatures is just such a great horse woman and she helped me out so much! I know I was pretty darn grumpy all weekend due to not enough sleep but she put up with me all weekend long
default_wink.png
I'd also like to add the Lori is the one who trained Nitro to drive.
default_smile.png

Also I had really wanted to met Bruce Abbott and Ernie Lambdin but I was not able to get the chance. I am very fond of Mr. Abbott, and I was lucky enough to show with him in 2 of my Roadster classes, I just wish I had the guts to say hello. He was driving one nice grey mare named "Blondie"
default_wub.png

Thanks again, and I'm so glad I have a place like LB to share my good fortune!

default_blush.png
default_blush.png
default_blush.png

Des

Congrats , you did great with them
default_aktion033.gif
. I seen you around but never had a chance to be formally introduced but did catch your jumping, liberty, roadster and color class and you did wonderful. Should be proud of your horses
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Hi

Congratulations on your great results!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Both Joy and Nitro are just beautiful! Sounds like it was a great time. Yay, Ontario had a great showing!

Lori is great isn't she, she is currently training my little guy to drive too (and putting up with my constant questions
default_biggrin.png
). Can't wait to drive him myself...maybe one day I'll be good enough to show there too
default_wink.png

Congratulations on your placings. Ashland is a GREAT show.my husband Walt was there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Both Joy and Nitro are just beautiful! Sounds like it was a great time. Yay, Ontario had a great showing!

Lori is great isn't she, she is currently training my little guy to drive too (and putting up with my constant questions
default_biggrin.png
). Can't wait to drive him myself...maybe one day I'll be good enough to show there too
default_wink.png

Thank you again
default_smile.png

Which horse is it that you have at Lori's? A beautiful older mare I used to own is there training... I sure do miss her
default_smile.png
Lori does a great job.

And yes Area 2 was a great show
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

It was so fun meeting you and getting to visit!! Isnt Getitia the best?? I love doing shows with her and Les. Kyles kinda quiet until he gets to know someone then he never stops talking LOL. Your horses looked fabulous. Congrats on all your placings!

Does anyone know if the photographer is going to post proofs on their website? I tried to e-mail them and did not get a response. I didn't have a chance to make it over to their set up at the show

Thanks

Does anyone know if the photographer is going to post proofs on their website? I tried to e-mail them and did not get a response. I didn't have a chance to make it over to their set up at the show

Thanks

I'm not sure it they will be, I'd assume so.

What is their website?

I found they had very nice photos and pretty good rates.
default_smile.png

Does anyone know how long it should take to get photos that we ordered?

Desiree, Congratulations again on your outstanding placings!! I knew you could do it!!
default_wink.png
Your "report" is extremely well written, and I felt like I was right there with you while I was reading it. They really are a super bunch of people in Ohio (and our Canadian friends are pretty special too, eh?).

I hope this is just the begnning of an outstanding show season for you! Are you planning any more trips to U.S. shows this summer, like the Blue Water show in Midland, MI? (That was always my favourite when I was still showing.) Ooooh, or how about Urbana OH in July?? That's a good one, too!!

Anyway, best of luck to you, Honey! Keep up the good work!

I e-mailed Jane and she gave me this web address for the pictures. I looked on their site and they have some beautiful ones. They did the amha eastern show last year and the pictures are great. Here is the address hoofnpawphotos.photoreflect.com.

please take a look if you have a chance. I believe there are pictures from the ohio state show too.

Maybe you will see yourself.

Hi

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

default_biggrin.png
default_wink.png

Thank you again
default_smile.png

Which horse is it that you have at Lori's? A beautiful older mare I used to own is there training... I sure do miss her
default_smile.png
Lori does a great job.

And yes Area 2 was a great show
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
My guy was Peek A Boo a pinto (silver bay) gelding. About 8h. He's usually near front of barn. Who does she have of yours? I know there are some real cuties at her place.

Are you going to the driving at Old Bell Farm...we are going, but only as spectators.

I love your Nitro by the way
default_wub.png

My guy was Peek A Boo a pinto (silver bay) gelding. About 8h. He's usually near front of barn. Who does she have of yours? I know there are some real cuties at her place.

Are you going to the driving at Old Bell Farm...we are going, but only as spectators.

I love your Nitro by the way
default_wub.png
Lori trained my Nitro. She also trained my Vision, however I no longer own that beautiful mare. Famliy reasons forced me to sell her. Vision is on my website.

Judy, I don't think that I will be showing in the state at any more small shows this year, as I am really hoping to make it to Nationals with one, or two of my guys. I hope to make it to 2 or so next year, as I want to work on Nitro's HOF in driving classes - by next year he should have one or two. I also think it would be nice to show my baby later in the year.
default_wub.png

Kay, Getitia is just awesome
default_wub.png
So are Les and Kyle
default_yes.gif

Oh and thanks Zelda!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have watched Desiree grow up into the most lovely young woman who I am proud to call friend. She is not as grumpy as she lets on
default_biggrin.png
and is wonderful with her horses. I know I had a really good weekend in her company as well as Yvonne's, Dale's and Joe's. Desi had a great show and that High Point Youth was well deserved - I wasn't at all shocked to hear she had won it, just really happy for her.
default_wub.png

The photog told me we should have the prints within 2 weeks at the most. Desi set up my colt, Jessie, for me to get a photo shoot done after the show and we got some great pictures of him. They got some really great shots of the rest of our horses during the show and I ordered a few of them too.
default_biggrin.png

Thanks for all the compliments guys, you are making me blush here
default_blush.png
I love Desiree's Nitro - he is some powerful moving machine with his big rolling trot! If they keep it up he could easily acheive a HOF in driving.

Oh, I know who Vision is now! :DOH! VERY CUTE!!! I saw her too late....lol! But I love my Peek. Wouldn't trade him for the world.

Have to find him a friend now!!!!
default_wink.png
default_biggrin.png
Poor hubby!

Latest posts

Back