Baby Watch Is Over

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a BEAUTIFUL baby!! Congrats! 💕💕 she is so tiny 😍 have you picked out a name yet?
Thanks! We are asking for help in naming her. We normally wait on naming until we can connect their actions with the color. As an example, Thunder was named on his papers as Rolling Thunder as he would run and roll in a pile of fresh hay just dumped in the lot.

When I was ending chores on the 21st around 6PM I checked Kacie's udder. The teats were dry. the udder did feel a little firmer and she lifted her hind leg a little which was different. I woke from a nap a little after midnight and decided to go make a quick check wondering if she might have some moisture on her teats because of her actions. I was surprised when I opened the door to see a very we t foal standing beside its mother. I first put down clean straw as Kacie had the bedding pushed out to the edges. I then went after a towel and the supplies I would need. As well as the camera. Waxing and seeping never happened. The foal latched on several times and didn't appear to get any milk in the first hour. Kacie wouldn't let me check her. The video shows her not wanting me to be there.

Congratulations and it's good things went smoothly. I know how difficult it is to rise at midnight when they show no signs. You're an example of trusting your instincts!

I'm sure you'll plenty of name suggestions. We'll be looking for an update on how her milk came in. Good girl, Kacie!🤩😍😍

Congratulations! She's adorable!! Thanks for posting a written update, I don't have home internet and data is really expensive in Canada so I don't watch videos very much. Everything good with them now? Pictures, more pictures and updates are always welcome!!

Congratulations ❣ She is adorable. I'm so excited for you. I'm glad Kaice delivered fine. I hope her milk is coming in.
How are you and Shirley feeling.?

I only cough now and then, Shiley is still coughing up stuff and it is making her oxygen level drop into the high 80's when she moves much. Deep breathing and a little hand battery powered fan brings it back to the mid 90's in a couple minutes. This is better than a couple days ago. Doctor said yesterday he thinks she is rounding the corner. COPD is a Pain in the rear in any case.

When I was ending chores on the 21st around 6PM I checked Kacie's udder. The teats were dry. the udder did feel a little firmer and she lifted her hind leg a little which was different. I woke from a nap a little after midnight and decided to go make a quick check wondering if she might have some moisture on her teats because of her actions. I was surprised when I opened the door to see a very we t foal standing beside its mother. I first put down clean straw as Kacie had the bedding pushed out to the edges. I then went after a towel and the supplies I would need. As well as the camera. Waxing and seeping never happened. The foal latched on several times and didn't appear to get any milk in the first hour. Kacie wouldn't let me check her. The video shows her not wanting me to be there.
Has mama started producing milk? It's pretty crazy how they can sometimes foal with no warning or signs! Congratulations, and glad both of them are doing well!

We are day three and all was well this morning and will try to get a day three video later on. Here was a Day two Video where she was sampling hay. At evening chores when I gave Kacie a couple leaves of hay she took Kacie's lead and pawed at the hay. I thought I got a short video of it but somehow I didn't.

Latest posts

Back