Baby Monitors?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgrminis

Reaction score
I had my son just over a month ago and we bought a "Safety First" baby monitor -- it wasn't too pricey but had good reviews and ratings and had a good range indoor/outdoor.... However it also has a TON of static... No matter where you are or what channel you are on it is VERY staticky... The static is so loud is makes it hard to even hear him when he wakes up unless he starts screaming -- which he generally lays and coos for a couple minutes before he gets mad and starts screaming so by the time I hear him I know he has already been making noise for a while and I just havent been able to hear him... So I am hoping that some of you can recommend a good baby monitor that we can get... We need something that works indoors and outdoors... Perferably something that has battery (good battery life is a plus) and wall charge options (the current one does both but when it is unplugged it drains batteries VERY fast). I don't have a ton to spend but at the same time we want something that will work well so if we have to shell out big bucks for that then we will...

Any recomendations will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks for the help!

Tessie

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

We have a 12 week old son and we bought a great baby monitor. It is an Summer brand, I can not find the box for it with all the info.

I think we paid $179.00 and it has a video screen and it will go all the way to our barn with a clear picture. We purchased it at Babies R Us. I just love it!!!!

Good Luck

Heidi
default_saludando.gif

Thank you... I was starting to think no one had baby monitors
default_smile.png
I really appreciate it -- I will look on Babies R Us and see what I can find about that brand
default_smile.png

I have an angelcare and and phillips. Both are brilliant as I spend alot of time in the barn while my boys sleep. I have the baby unit between the boys rooms and I can hear both of them.

I have used the summer baby monitor as a foal watch. It is very clear and the sound is great ( even out to my barn).

I have been very happy with it.

If you have cordless phones they can interfere with other wireless electronics. I have a wireless camera that does not work unless I turn the phones off.

First Response has a great video monitor with sound that works great for us. We use it as a back up when the foals seem to be coming at once. We have had it for a few years, but try Babies R Us and Sams. We got a two camera outdoor wireless with night vision for $100. All you have to add is a TV. And that was a great Sam's purchase and it is compatable with mare stare and wee foal.

Latest posts

Back