Baby Chrissy and Angel *little update & pic*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Here's Baby Chrissy after her bath today. She is a complete doll. Her sire is NFC Rowdy's Desparado a Rowdy son. I've had Baby Chrissy since she was a brand new weaner and she came directly into my arms and continued nursing on my knee. Yes I'm her mommy. We spend many a day and night on the stool in her stall just loving on eachotherbecause she was really scared when she came. She's two years old now and well she rules the roost and .....yes she still nurses on my knees. That's why she's always going to be Baby Chrissy in my eyes. I have big suck marks on my sweat pants in the winter. I also call her my "kicky baby" because although she is the smallest here ain't nobody going to mess with her because she will plant them in a New York minute. I adore this gal.

AngelMonday.jpg

Well here's Angel. I bought her as a weaner too. Angel is a real trip. You can light a firecracker off in her back pocket and she won't move an inch. Nothing fazes this girl. She doesn't run much, gives new meaning to the word "lazy"+ she thinks she is sophistocated, and is not the smartest brick on the load. She's three now 33.5 and was supposed to be my future driving horse but Jerry went and exposed her to Nick for a 2006 baby. I don't know if she's bred yet.

ANGELOK.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Marty,

Your girls look great!

Baby Chrissy looks like she has trimmed down??

Her color is so rich!!

Sandy

Baby Chrissy doesnt look like a baby any more SHES BEAUTIFUL
new_shocked.gif

WOW! Marty they are both very pretty!
yes.gif

Baby Chrissy has a very pretty face and do I see alittle cat laying all sprawled out behind her in the pic? Cute

So another foal next year maybe huh! Thats Awesome
wub.gif
Should be a very pretty baby to with those two as parents.

Jessica

Wow Baby Chrissy is so deep and rich red! What a pretty little lady she has become (even though she still uses your knees as a pacifier, lol).

I kind of hope that Angel is in foal for you-- another baby to play with NEXT year! Hopefully THIS YEAR'S gets here soon tho!!
biggrin.gif

They BOTH look marvelous.....fabtiffico.....beauti-mus
smile.gif
aktion033.gif

Nice shiney coats and excellent pics! Marty take a bow and send those pics to Jen for the website!
yes.gif

Chrissy is registered as a red dun but doesn't she look chestnut to anyone? She looks like a copper penny to me.

(I have no idea why she stretches herself out like that. It's her idea, not mine.)

Hey Russ, they are shinny but don't get any bling blings in their feed by the way. They haven't been body clipped either. They just shed out by themselves.

Yea Jess, that's the old cat that came here to croak on us a few years back and he's still eating and breathing! He's got everything in the world wrong with him, looks like he's at death's door all the time, but I managed to get his shots and neutered anyhow since he thinks he lives here.

Marty she is still a beautiful Red Dun!!! I love the colour, I love all Duns, I have to , I have loads, and more being born every year, it's a sneaky gene and it tends to lurk unnoticed, especially on my "palominos"
biggrin.gif
You should breed a foal from Angel, she is a smart girl!! (So, Jerry got it right- I presume it was a mistake??) And you know what?? Right after Holly has foaled you will be on here shouting "NEVER again, OMG I cannot go through that again" and then, a couple of weeks later you will be thinking, "Oh, it wasn't so bad, maybe I'll just breed her back so Angels foal has someone to play with" I know this will happen because it happens to me every year!!!

Wow Marty! Your girls look stunning! Those beautiful coats I'm sure are from all the wonderful grooming they get!
wink.gif
Thanks for sharing.
smile.gif

Marty,

Your horses both look just beautiful!!

There is just something special about "Baby" Chrissy!! Her color does look like a copper penny-a very well shined one!! Hey, a person almost needs sun glasses to look at her! HA!!

They are certainly not lacking lots of love and good care!

Still checking several times a day to see whether or not Miss Holly has decided to share her foal with the world!!!

Marty,

They look great! I hope you are having a baby next year, sure will be nice. Thanks for the phots.

Marty they are really beautiful, your a great mini mom
wink.gif
Joyce

They are both gorgeous Marty! Well groomed, and the picture of health!
yes.gif
But I would expect no less from you...the Horsie Mom of ALL Horsie Moms!
biggrin.gif
wub.gif

Latest posts

Back