baby bump/bumps.....?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill second that Kim she is pretty Cute
default_thumbup.gif

Thanks Diane, yippie!!! Very excited. Although I feel like she would change course just to spite me :-\

Thank you Kim and Ryan
default_smile.png
. I called her name and she looked at me, then looked off into the distance like " nah I'll just keep eating" lol

Alrighty, now we are going somewhere
default_smile.png
. I was not going to do another update. Felt like I I have done too many. But in case someone is taking notes, and wants to compare here is.

*Loose poop. Smeared all over butt. Found the pile and it is definitely more sloppy then her other loose piles. But not cow pie yet.

*vulva more relaxed. And a bit darker/veiny. But not what I have seen in mares ready to foal in a couple hours.

*tail is a lot less resistant. Ligaments like jello.

* udder is filling again at a very good pace. This morning barely noticeable change, but now it is noticeably bigger. Still creased though.

*** mom said she was noticeably uncomfortable this morning. I asked what the signs were...here's what she said " she kept switching and shifting her back legs". I laughed and said that's not much of a change but I'll take it! That's my news for the day
default_smile.png

As Jessie said, you can never update too much. Since we can't "touch" your special girl, written updates and pictures are what we must rely on.

Just, keep them coming!!

No kim not at this point sadly. I've never seen an udder grow this fast. I need to take a pic tomorrow so you can see the difference between three days ago and now. Its ridiculous!!

And it is shapped differently. Filling in the back a lot. But not like massive. Her belly is really....hmmm can't think of a good word....like jelloie..is that a word..? Its like a giant ball that is partially deflated. Sorry I'm not good with description. I know it has to do with were the baby is sitting. Its just weird to look at.

She's looking great Rebecca, also from what you are saying, she could foal at any time - all these 'ups and downs' can mean that a mare is getting very close, as we all know they dont necessarily proceed at a nice steady pace giving us what we think should be the normal final signs of foaling!

Well I guess it wouldn't be much of a surprise if she foaled today or tomorrow... I looked at the calender and actual due date is Monday. Lol its the cuteness who is due at the end of her foaling month. Lol. I'll get some pics today. She was reallllly cranky today and yesterday. She bit my friend. Today her tail is still resistent and vulva not as loose as it should be.

She has to foal before Monday Im going on holidays, of course I made sure there was excellent WIFI where Im going so not to miss any foals arriving lol

Ryan- lol! I hope she will that way you can see the baby.

So I took some pics, and did a temp, also watched her for a little over a half hour. Here were my results

* so baby WAS moving around every couple minutes. I was counting 1missisipi and so on. Highest I got was I think 14. So it was pretty feisty in there. Now nothing, but she did just viciously bite her belly. Did not look like an ich

*temp is 101.8 then 100.4. She is standing a bit more camped out then usual/ shifting her weight more often.

*vulva REAL loose. She can't tighten it up anymore. Looks kind of puffy and swollen. I don't know if that will show up in pics.

NOTE to self!!! Make sure the horse poops before you take the temperature. Ewwwww lol. Pics are on next post

Looks like she has a bit to go yet, but you never know. I've experienced many that haven't "read the book on sane foaling". BUT once they've foaled, I have found similarities year to year in most.

This year will be interesting with ours and I'm looking forward to seeing all of yours as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
The heck with the udder ...... that will come when it's needed. She looks great, and appears elongated, puffy and certainly ready to go. Baby needs to do a bit more "arranging" in there so s/he's lined up a bit better, but that can change very quickly. So, watch.....watch.....watch!

Praying for a safe and uneventful delivery!!

Lol Diane, thank you I'm gonna go out and check on her again in a bit.

Paula her last foal was a oops. And I was too young to remember much. But my mom the horsesy person didn't even know that she was pregnant till far in the pregnancy. And I found the baby in the field. We were all baffled
default_smile.png

Rebecca looks like our mares are both due on same day. The race is on! Your mares pics look identical to midge

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back