Baby #21 arrived blue eyed colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairicane

Reaction score
About 4 am today Lady foaled this beautiful boy sired by Wishfuls(on lil Beg fourm)- SG EKs Blue Deception and yes he is up close Boy Blue and Egyption King. Lady is tripled on National Champion Paul Bunyan. This colt is about a month early she believes and is very refined and brand new in these pix. He needs moms groceries but already is very beautiful with 2 bright blue eyes and a dorsal stripe. As far as a base color I havent a clue!! Some of you may remember Charade the funky colored pinto mare that I color tested her and her filly. Charade and Lady are half sisters same sire and are the exact same strange color. Charade and her filly were both DNA tested to be smokey blacks with the filly also being a dun! And actually Ladys colt is very close to the color of Charades filly at birth. Maybe Lady and her foal are both smokey blacks, I sure dont know!
ladybluelayGoodmomnuzzle6hr.jpg

ladybluecoltheadfrtsideNice6hrs.jpg

ladybluenursestretchrealfar6hr.jpg

Ladybluecoltwalk6hrs.jpg

ladybluelayfromrearnicehead6hr.jpg

ladybluecoltlaydorsal6hr.jpg

And here is Ladys half sister Charade and her filly that are both smokey blacks

charadechampfillynursertside4hrs.jpg

What a pretty fellow and no wonder with his lovely mom and aunt. His color is: perfectly pretty!

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATS jen, How much will you be selling him for? What do you mean his sire is on Lil beginning forum?

-Gage-

You get a colt that looks like that and you are worried about what colour he is
laugh.gif
OK- I think he's really WEIRD, and, if he were mine, I'd hide him so you don't start a whole load of controversy.

I'll hide him for you if you like
smile.gif

He is adorable! Rabbit, can you really not figure out his color? If Rabbit can't figure out his color, then he is definetly a keeper! Such a special horse he is! He is gorgeous! I know he is yelling, "Keep me! Keep Me!"
yes.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

Yep, i think he is yelling KEEP ME KEEP ME and sell those bald face'd filly to Gage LOL

I want one of those Overo's sooooooo bad!

-Gage-

I don't no what color the colt is but he sure is one handsome fellow. Congratulations
wub.gif
aktion033.gif

NO he is NOT yelling Keep me,
ohmy.gif
he is yelling - SELL ME SELL ME I'm SUCH a weird colour!!
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif
I think he will probably turn out to be Smoky Black- he may not have Dun- remember a lot of "normal" Blacks have that false dorsal at birth.

OK, just have to ask...why is Charade's filly a smokey black and not a buckskin? Tested negative for agouti?

Anyway, congratulations on your new colt! He is very pretty! I guess he is likely a smokey black too, if that is what that pinto filly is. He looks buckskin to me, but I guess that can change.

As for his eyes, they too may change, as often horses with the cream gene are born with bluish eyes, that later on darken.

LOL, glad u guys like him!! If he was a she he would be staying but since he is a boy he has gotta go! I love him but I have 4 , no 5 oops no 6 stallions I have bought that we dont even have home yet. Am I crazy or what??? So this year if u are born with a weanie u are for sale.

Mona- yes Charade and her filly were neg. for Agouti, tested black with a cream gene and the fillies sire is a dunalino and the filly has a dorsal where she has color on her back. Thats why I am thinking she is some kind of dun. Charades filly has blue eyes as does her sire but Lady and this colts sire have brown eyes. And I am getting pretty good at telling if the blue eyes will stay and I think his will stay blue
yes.gif
So maybe someone behind these mares has blue eyes. I have had more fun trying to figure out what colors they are.

Gage- I meant that Jamie that posts on the forum as WISHFUL owns the sire of LADYs new colt. I got both Charade and Lady fron her and both were in foal.

Does he have clear blue eyes?

Sandii from quarter moon farm had a foal that looked to be silver dapple, and really looked like one!

There was just one problem, both parants didn´t have silver, they did both have cream, she tested and the foal turned out to be a smokey cream!

A double cream diluted black.

That could be the case here but "regular" smokey black is a very possoble option too, he is to dark for a double dilute I think.

And remember alot of foals are born with a dorsal, that is fake!

But whatever color, he is gorgeous! Congrats!
wink.gif

Meavy yes he has regular light blue eyes. We have so many blue eyed horses here that I think I can tell now and his look like they will stay blue.

Barnbum I am not sure. Sire is a fading gray but we dont know his before gray color. Mom is that funny color and I have not had her color tested yet so dont know if she carries agouti. She does most likely carry the creme gene so its possible.

Maybe she is perlino? or is on eof her parent not cream?

-GAge-

Latest posts

Back