Babies first big snow!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Today we have gotten 6 inches of snow with another 2-3 to come.
new_shocked.gif

Let everyone out for just a little exercise and to play. All but one enjoyed it, more about her in a minute.

First picture is of my 2 show geldings!!!! They both had a great time!!!

Now for your quiz,,,,,,which one is 5 years old and which one is 6 months!!!! I think the young one is eating well.
yes.gif

snowboys.jpg

I think I like this photo the best. It is of Rosie and she just happened to be in front of this shed, kind of looked rustic, an old fashion Christmas.

rosiesnow.jpg

This is of Midnight in the foreground, and barely under him you can see Opie. But it is Opie's back, he is still a itty bitty guy. There is 2 weeks difference in their age. The mare on back, pinto, is Kandi, she is are only bred mare for next year. Don't show her much.

allsnow.jpg

And the one who HATED it, Prints. One crappy picture, but I really think she was trying to out run the snow. It really did seem to bother her, so she went right back up.

printssnow.jpg

Oh, and this is how cold it is!!!!!

ice.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Them are great ...were getting that snow right now.

I Love all them mini's so much
wink.gif
wub.gif

Leeana

WOW
new_shocked.gif
The ice shot is really neat! I wish it would snow down here just once and I mean a good snow like what you got! Do you guys ever get tired of snow like we get tired of rain?

Last edited by a moderator:
What terrific pictures!

As for your quiz, I'd say that the one in the rear is the 6 month old (and that's only because I see that the tail isn't very long on him compared to the other one...).

Burrrr - you should have kept the snow over there - unfortunately we are in the middle of the same storm with up to 8 inches total predicted by morning.......Winter is here
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

It's amazing how much those minis love the snow..they must be crazy. Thanks for sharing.

That picture of the ice on the tree branch is really neat!

aren't they a hoot in the snow? I love how they bury their faces then come up with white beards! and somewhere in the horsey rules is the mandate to paw and then roll within the first few minutes of being out in the stuff.... I love the playful side of horses, their exuberance and joy of living are uplifting every time I see it! Hooray for being lucky enough to have spent so many years of my life with these wonderful equine- critters! we are blessed!
yes.gif

Shoot all we are getting is rain, rain, rain. Those are great shots of all yours guys and anytime Opie is ready to come home to North Carolina, let me know
laugh.gif

We have another 5" of snow here too and the minis do seem to enjoy it. And in all honesty if I am dressed warm enought I do enjoy being with them a while outside! Fun pictures to see!

aww cute pics!! and theres kandi kays sister! they look so much alike. the snow is here too now sighs. I HATE WINTER

NEat pictures...I'm afraid to take my camera out in that snow because we ruined it once that way (just got it out of repair, actually). So be careful! I guess a tiny bit of water went inside the lense and wreaked havoc .

Reading this thread I've realized how many of you are pretty close to us! We really got slammed last night/this morning and we have agood 9 inches on top of what we already had (my kiddo isin heaven right now). We're in NE Indiana about 30 minites from both the OH and MI borders.

Sorry Ohio folks, I tried to keep it from coming your way,,,,,,,,but it was just too much!!! Plus, I wanted to share!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

We ended up with almost 9", the wind is gusting and has over 4 foot drifts, the wind chill was -13 this morning,

and NO ONE was liking it this morning!!!!!!!!
no.gif
no.gif

shortymisty said:
Shoot all we are getting is rain, rain, rain.  Those are great shots of all yours guys and anytime Opie is ready to come home to North Carolina, let me know
laugh.gif

516851[/snapback]

Great shots Carloyn!
aktion033.gif

I want to try to get some pictures today, but the wind is just awful...making the wind chill -14. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.........bet they won't want to stay out for very long!

Deanna said:
WOW
new_shocked.gif
The ice shot is really neat! I wish it would snow down here just once and I mean a good snow like what you got!  Do you guys ever get tired of snow like we get tired of rain?
516535[/snapback]

Yep--It can get real old real fast
laugh.gif

Sick of it already,,,,,,,,,,,the cold is what kills me, not the snow.

BUT, during lunch, went to TSC, got new insulated boots, without the rip in it, and gloves with all the fingers!!!!!!!!

So we are ready!!!!!!!!! Or readier,
sad.gif

Great snowy pictures. looks like my minis here in CT today. We've had about 8 to 10 inches with hail on top and now the sun has come out, all in one day.

Joyce

Latest posts

Back