B sized harness

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
What brand of harness are you using on your bigger B sized Minis, & how does the breeching fit them?

We have two harnesses, both of which fit our bigger B's--35 to 37.5"...except for the breeching. Well, the one harness doesn't have breeching, so I just ordered some for it--that harness fits a little bigger so I'm hoping the breeching will work. The other harness, though--and it's a good quality harness--fits well on the 35" and 37" horses...except for the breeching. It doesn't fit at all--what it does fit exactly right is our little 32" two year old. These horses of ours have good long hips, but it's not as if they have big bulbous rear ends. I'd just like to know what harness we need to buy in order to have it fit nicely on the bigger horses? It just seems like so many Mini harness are made for the smaller horses, but have bigger adjustments so that they will "fit up to 38" " even if they don't fit well. Where is there a harness made specifically for the 36" to 38" horses?

I'm also frustrated because our EE cart has the little loops in the wrong place--they're much too far forward so are useless for putting the wrap strap through them...there are no stops for the hold back straps, even if we had breeching that fit properly! Until I can get it to someone that will weld stops onto it I guess we will resort to using thimbles. Not impressed here...

I will be interested in your answers too. My draft Mini harness fits perfect. But single harnesses i have the same problem as you.

I have harnesses from Star Lake and Mini Express -- they come in A size and B size -- the B size is correct for my 36-38" minis. The A size worked for 32 - 35" just fine - they fit nicely.

You can add a "stop" for your breeching strap -- by putting in a large screw on the OUTSIDE of the shaft (away from the mini) on your easy entry cart -- you need a large metal screw.

JJay

You didn't say what brand of EE cart you have-but, Frontier makes a 54" shaft, which has the loops for the breeching in a much better location than on the "standard" shafts(unless they have changed the location of the loop on their "standard" length mini shafts in recent years!) It also fits the B sized horses MUCH better!

All of my harness has been ordered with measurements taken by me-some Smuckers, a couple of Lutkes over the years, pair harness from an outfit no longer in business, and most recently,a single for my B, and a pair for the A's, in beta, from the Carriage House in Florida(WONDERFUL harness, too!) I was told to measure basically from stifle point to stifle point for breeching-but, the first one I was sent for my 38" mare was STILL too short,and had to be returned and replaced! I would suggest taking meaurements, then talking with the company you are ordering from about what their "standard" measurement for that part is(if it's non-custom-made harness), before ordering.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 35' B and I think I havce a small pony harness.Works well acept for shalvs.

Latest posts

Back