AWESOME new program from PtHA!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txminipinto

Reaction score
$$$$ "Pinto Pays" $$$$

Objective:

Provide an incentive program for PtHA Owners/Exhibitors where they can earn money from PtHA ROM points and to encourage members to show at the local PtHA ROM approved shows.

Program Details:

1. Program is limited to PtHA Open and PtHA Amateur. (No YA)

2. Pinto, Amateur/Pinto unit must be nominated each year to participate in program.

3. There will be five separate divisions:

a) Horse

b) Pony

c) Miniature

d) Breeding Stock~Horse~Pony~Miniature

e) Amateur (horse-pony-mini combination)

4. Nomination Fees: (annual one time fee) Horse Pony Mini Breeding Amateur

Stock

By December 1 of preceding show year $100.00 $50.00 $50.00 $50.00 $100.00 After December 1 & before June 1 $200.00 $100.00 $100.00 $100.00 $200.00

After May 31 & before August 1 $300.00 $150.00 $150.00 $150.00 $300.00

5. PtHA will retain 10% on all monies received (including late fees) for Administrative fees, 90% goes into the purse. If nomination is made after December 1, the 90% will be divided evenly, with half going to the current year purse and half rolling over to be added to the next year's purse. All points are retroactive to Jan 1 of current show year.

6. Each division will compete for funds in that divisions' purse only.

7. Grand & Reserve Points and any average Judge card points will not count for the "Pinto Pays" program.

8. Point value: At the end of the PtHA show year PtHA will calculate the number of PtHA ROM points earned by all nominated Pintos shown in each division. The total number of ROM points earned in each division will be divided into the total purse in that division to determine the monetary value of each ROM point in a division.

9. Each nominated Pinto will receive a check equal to the number of ROM points earned multiplied by the monetary value of each point.

10. No refunds or substitutions for any reason.

11. PtHA will handle all funds and disbursements. Checks will be written after PtHA has audited the year end records and the results are final. Checks will be given out at the PtHA Annual Convention. Any checks not given out at the PtHA Annual Convention will be mailed within 10 days after the Convention has ended. Checks will not be mailed prior to the Convention.

12. Payment will only be made to the Owner or Lessee of record as documented by PtHA records on December 31 of the program year, or they have the option of leaving a credit on their account for later use. Checks for less than $10.00 will be issued only as a credit on their PtHA membership account.

13. All paid participants that earn at least 1 ROM Point will receive a pay back.

14. The "Pinto Pays" program will be implemented for the 2011 PtHA show year.

Yes, I just got that news too. ANOTHER great reason to own and show a pinto - as if I needed another one! To me, this is MUCH better than a Futurity because I can compete for this money by showing right in my own backyard!!!

I am so excited about this program I am almost giddy. Get paid per point to show. Now that is an incentive program!

Now if only I could paint my horses pinto....

Leia

Leia...what have I been telling you!

This sounds like a really great idea! I would like to see an example of how much we would get paid per point, say based on last year's ROM points. Hmmm...maybe I won't sell Max!

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like a good deal! Maybe I better start looking at some pintos for ourselves!! I'm guessing the overo's are eligable also?

Pinto has relaxed their rules a lot and pretty much any AMHR or AMHA registered mini that shows the color/pattern on its papers as "pinto" is eligible. Tobiano or overo or a combination is fine; I don't think they recognize sabino though, but I could be wrong about that. It might depend on how the white hairs were distributed and if there was pink skin underneath.

I think this should help the marketing of pinto minis...

Minxiesmom said:
Leia...what have I been telling you!
Now, Diane, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Bleach is NOT good for their skin!
default_laugh.png
default_new_rofl.gif

My Arab ironically would have qualified for Pinto registration but neither of my minis has a single white marking beyond Kody's tiny broken facial stripe.

Leia

The payout would depend on the number of nominated horses. But frankly, who cares! You don't get paid for points at the moment so any payback is great in my opinion.

Do anyone of you that shows pinto knows if you have to have a clean slate to be elgible for 2011 or can you carry your points over for next year and still get a pay check?

I'm with Carin on this - who cares what the payback is for the first year... I bet as this catches on it will only get better.

My understanding from what it says is that only your points earned in 2011 (or later) will count for payback. And you only get payback for one year for each "nomination". But I would certainly hope that any points you have earned to date would still count for Pinto awards. Princess has over 900 points and I sure hope they will still count for something, if not cash!

How I read it, it only counts towards ROM points earned after Jan 1st, 2011. Your ROM points stay with the horse forever and go towards ROMs, ROEs, Etc. ROM points are just like HOF points.

default_new_shocked.gif
HOLY COW! Just got off the phone with PtHA. This program is for ALL ROM CLASSES. HALTER AND PERFORMANCE!!

Oh, I just assumed that.. which is why I am so excited about this because Princess competes in NINE (9) mini classes. Oops, one is color and I understand that one does NOT count. So it sounds like PtHA is very consistent in their rewarding versatility.

Oh, I just assumed that.. which is why I am so excited about this because Princess competes in NINE (9) mini classes. Oops, one is color and I understand that one does NOT count. So it sounds like PtHA is very consistent in their rewarding versatility.

Open color does receive ROM points!

Sorry, my bad... Carin is correct. I was getting it confused with yet ANOTHER great reward PtHA is offering - a saddle for year end high point award. For the saddle (minis don't seem to be eligible for that one) points in color do not count. But it looks like color points do count for $$$.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds exciting. We may just have to try Pinto next year with our gelding. Thanks for posting this.

Latest posts

Back