Avitars

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphahorses

Reaction score
There are a lot of beautiful horses in avitars. I'd love to hear a little about everyone's and why they picked them.

[SIZE=14pt]Mine is a rotating avitar. Grey stallion is Michigans Sweet Tart he is my future foundation sire,Carbon copy white with chestnut spots and her full sister Independance Day who is the bay and white running are my current AMHR show girls , the bay with blaze and white feet is my aspc going to be amhr filly Michigans Shirley T, Uno is the palamino head, he is my current on lease B aspc amhr stallion, Teddy is there because we won two national championships and the driving horse is Taki who I won the pmc pleasure driving championship with. Steel my most perfect B stallion is also there. The little PInto Lucky is there because we are thrilled with him after losing his full sister last year and then there is Robby whithout whom none of this would matter... he is my grandson that will be a year old next week and a gift from God. He was diagnosed before birth as having a large birth defect called a Cystic Hygroma, when he was born the only evidance was a puffiness under his arm and that is almost gone! Praise God for all my blessing both two and four legged. Thats why they are all in the avitar.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is Brewers Moon Dust. He was an AMHA national Champion and a sire of National Champions. I was blessed to have been called to do a horse rescue. When we got there were 34 horses on 10 acres. 6 miniatures and the rest Paints and Arabs. Of the 34, 17 were stallions. There was no grass, no tress with any bark left and no water. Some of the horses were stuck in the mud that was once a pond. I took a mare Miss Personality and Moony. I knew both of the horses from a previous owner. Moony was looked over by UT vets and they wanted to put him to sleep. I put in my Jeep and drove home with him. My vet was waiting and said that he only had a 20% chance of living through the night. His body score was 1/2 point. He was too weak to stand or eat or even drink. My son(5 years old at time) and I slept in the stall with him and force feed him. He made a full recovery. I was blessed to have him for two wonderful years. He died last spring due to a paralyzed throat probably caused by a stroke. I miss him everyday!

My avatar is a rotating one, with eight horses. (remember, you asked! lol)

Magic Mist I'm An Appy Lucy is the near-leopard filly, she looks black and white in this pic but she's really bay. Pic is as a weanling, she's now a yearling.

CCMF Spotted Illusion is next, he's the leopard, pic is of him last year as a weanling, he is now also a yearling. Both of them need to be clipped and get new pics!

The next one is the bay mare driving, Mountain Highs AMayZing.

Then NJ's Almost a Spot, the show pic, he was the stallion I owned in partnership and we lost a few months ago to colic, he died unexpectedly in the recovery room with us right there with him. Still brings tears to my eyes thinking about it. What a spectacular horse he was. I have one foal by him....

The blue roan appy jumping is my B gelding Magic Mist Color On Fire, his first year jumping. His second year, he was National Champion in Jumping!

The blue roan appy trotting is my filly Magic Mist Bonsai In Blue

The red mare with the foal at her side is Wild Winds Frost Fire, my best-producing mare, she has a foal every year, and all have been appy, even by solid stallions.

She has an incredible trot.

And last but not least, the standing (chubby) blue roan appy mare looking back at the camera is Magic Mist Mirage, she's Frost Fire's first born, and has had three foals of her own now (one of which is Bonsai In Blue).

Can you tell I like appaloosas? LOL!!
smile.gif

whoops, had to edit, I'd forgotten one of the horses!
ohmy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is our AMHA/AMHR Supreme Halter horse Reeces Phantom Hawk. He is such a sweetheart and a love bug. Just happy to be around everyone. I can't wait till show season is over so I can get him home and see him running in our pasture. I inquried about him and was way out of my price range. Then put a "wanted" ad up on the saleboard looking for a overo Hawk son and BAM got an e-mail about him and I could afford him then...so I snatched him up.
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

That is my 2 yr old palomino pintaloosa mare, shes 34' and running like a race horse in that photo
wub.gif

Some great
aktion033.gif
(and sometimes sad!
sad.gif
) stories here...

Keep them coming
yes.gif

Mine is my mare Rowbuck Bequest of Broadway...she is a daughter of Little Kings Buck On Broadway out of a Rowdy's Rebel daughter. I had just been telling my husband a few days before I found out about her that I REALLY wanted a BOB daughter...and that some day I would have one.....well, I had mentioned this to a friend of mine....who said she actually had one she was thinking of selling...she sent me this picture and I OVERNIGHTED her the money
biggrin.gif
And to make it even better....she was in foal to Little Kings Buckeroo God...so now I have an AMAZING palomino filly also....I couldn't be happier
biggrin.gif
I chose this picture for my avatar because she takes my breath away every time I see it
wub.gif

Tracy

The horse in my avatar is Triple KS Boogies Dakota Sunset, bay yearling stallion, about 32". Dakota was my first mini and I just fell in love with his sale photo and had to bring him home. He's such a doll, but with attitude (he thinks he's 5' tall
rolleyes.gif
). Dakota is a Buckeroo grandson.

He had such a ball the day I took the picture, it was one of the first he got to go out on grass. Our fencing isn't set up for minis, so I make little grazing areas here and there for the minis out of panels (we have cattle and full-size horses, so everything is set up for them).

Haha, mine is just a horse I drew, no neat story, here. I have been enjoying those that I have seen so far, though.

smile.gif

Liz M.

nootka said:
Haha, mine is just a horse I drew, no neat story, here.  I have been enjoying those that I have seen so far, though.
smile.gif

Liz M.

440690[/snapback]

Wow that is one beautiful drawing Liz. I've always loved that photo but didn't realize you drew it. Fantastic work!
aktion033.gif

Mine is my 42" classic 2yr old Shetland mare Country Star Rosie Flores (or better known as Nosey Rosie). She has several Reserve Jr. Grands, Jr. Grands, and Reserve Grands to her name on the ASPC circuit and is currently undefeated on the Pinto circuit. She already has 1 ROM in halter, working on 1 ROM in color, and working on a 2nd ROM in halter.

I must say, I LOVE seeing all the avatars here! I admit, sometimes I just sit and watch them rotate LOL! I enjoy seeing everyones pretties!

LYN, no way! I can't believe that little sweetie will be a whole year old already! How time flys!

Wow Liz! I think yours is pretty much my favorite avatar here and I always stare at it and admire. I didn't know you drew that! But now that you say so, I'm not surprised after getting that artwork of Spuds!
wub.gif

Mine is just of my bubby boy Dingle Snort LOTTO!
laugh.gif

I'm addicted to kissing his nose
wub.gif

Mine is a little 30"Classic Champagne stallion, called 'Mi Little Prince Charming" that I first tried to help a freind to sell, as a favor to her, on the LB sales board. But all of the replies that came back, were ones trying to correct me on his color, not believing he was a "true' Champagne... So After getting conformation from the ICHR that both he, and his sire were both indeed Champagne, I decided to purchase him myself. He looked like a hairy yak before I shaved him, so I was a little apprehensive to finally see what was underneath it all.

Mine is a funny picture of my 2004 near leopard appy gelding, Six Gems Spotted Fever. He is my first and my only mini (so far
wink.gif
). I love him to death, he really is a great guy!

Well, get me on on this also.

Mine is Southern Hearts Sonny Bond Jocko (Palomino Pinto) and he just turned 5 and is in training for showing.

His mother died when he was just 6 months old so needless to say he got spoiled rotton.
wub.gif
So now his vacation is up and its show time for him!!!

Joyce

I have a rotating avatar, just made by Jill. Thanks, Jill!!

The first and last pictures are of my newest purchase, Reflections What A Star, a red tovero filly. She'll be weaned late this month or early next month. I'm still in shock that she'll be coming to live with me! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this filly!
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
She'll be showing in Halter next year at the AMHA shows.

The second picture is of my broodmare, Redrock Neon Starlight. We just bought her this year. She is the dam of three foals so far: Finish was multiple Top Six at AMHA Regionals and was multiple Top Ten at Nationals as a yearling, and he's now continuing his show career in halter and driving; Awesome is a PtHA World Champion and Central Regionals Top Five as a yearling, and is continuing his halter career and will soon be driving; Gordon was this year's colt, and hasn't been shown yet.

The third picture is my gelding, OMP Pizazzs Yessiree Bob. He was our first mini, and is a keeper. He shows in Country Pleasure, Driving Obstacle, Halter Obstacle and Hunter (when we're both in shape, LOL). Bob was a multiple Top Ten at Regionals in Country Pleasure after less than three months of driving as a three year old. He's been shown every other year since, just pretty much pulled out of the pasture, and he has several high points to his credit. Right now, Bob is my two year old son's horse.

The fourth and fifth pictures are of our broodmare, Jandts Cheeri Deeri. We bought her last year, and really love the mare. Someone wrote me earlier this year trying to buy her from us, but we just couldn't let her go.

The sixth and seventh pictures are of Ericas Oohhzz And Aahzzz, my yearling stallion. Ozzy has done well this year in halter, despite being shown by me, LOL. I plan to give Ozzy next year off to just be a horse, then bring him back out again as a three year old. The full body picture of Ozzy was taken in March, after his first clip of the year. The head shot shows his true color.

The eighth picture is of our newest mare, VS Precious Doll. We left Doll open this year after seeing her trot in the pasture. She is now in driving training with Becky of Redrock Miniature Horse Farm, and I will show her next year. She'll be making her show debut as a 9 year old mare. I LOVE the performance classes, and can't wait to get back into them next year. This has been a halter only year, unfortunatley.

My new avatar (courtesy of Horsefeathers aka Christine) is a silhouette of my husband (Kim) and our AMHA/AMHR 2004 dark bay/turning gray, colt, LEGEND.

Legend is our future stallion prospect... at this time he has a bad case of the yearling uglies.. but there is hope that he will turn out to be true stallion material when he is 3 or later.

Hope he stops growing taller soon... looks like he MIGHT even go over 34". His sire was only 32" and his dam is 30.5". He is already taller than either of them.

JJay

My Avatar is Little Folks First Lady who is known as Sweetie Pie and the first filly born here. Every day when she wanted to nap, she'd trot up the ramp and sleep on the chaise lounge on the deck. She did this all summer long and her Mom would be frantic at first looking for her but soon found her hiding place. I kept her for many years but sold her a few years back.

And thanks to Joyce in Texas on here, I have the Avatar as she posted it for me since I'm not computer savy to do things like that.

Joyce in CT

Latest posts

Back