Automatic log in ? Sometimes handy but also annoying

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad for mini's

Reaction score
I log out each time I leave the forum but when I come back, I am logged in again. I've tried logging out then logging back in, unchecking the "remember me" box. I've logged out and reloaded the page to be sure I was logged out but still come back to find that I am once again logged in. It's kind of nice when I want to post but it's also annoying that it looks like I'm on here 24/7. Any ideas ? :\

Delete all your cookies. It'll go away then.

Plus, once you leave the site, it doesn't show you're here 24/7, I believe it only tracks when you are actually here.

You are right Field-of-Dreams it's a login key that only tracks while on site, it is a "session" cookie only. It does help if you delete your cookies etc. and close your browser. Some of the problem is your computers settings, especially if you use bookmarks and saved links.... since when you use that to come back to the forum you'll then be coming back to a page you were logged into and it is cached on your computer.

What you described though was/is a IP Board issue with certain browsers and was supposed to be fixed in this version. This is not exclusive to you so don't think it's completely your problem that it's happening.

Thanks for posting, I'll make sure it's turned in that this is still a issue for some members.

My computer has been acting goofy the last week or so. It gets to where I can't get to my mail or to sites. I finally have to switch the power off & back on to get it to knock it off. I'll come here and be reading and wondering why I can't click on the dots or stars and get back to where I was and then DUH figure out I've been logged out LOL! I'm such a dingbat at times!
default_whistling.gif

Thank you ! I haven't been logged in now until I actually do so
default_smile.png
I am using my Windows phone for my internet browsing since my old desktop takes so long to turn on and get going, I rarely use it any more.

Latest posts

Back