author - Temple Grandin

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdtexas

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]I volunteer for an organization called S.I.R.E. houston's therapudic riding center; it's equestrian therapy for children and adults with disabilities (mental and physical).[/SIZE]

Anyway, one of our instructors has recommended a book by this author. Temple Grandin is a Dr. and she is autistic. The name of the book is "animals in translation". I was wondering if anyone has read it and would recommend it. I looked it up on amazon and it's looks very interesting.

Temple Grandin changed the way slaughterhouses were designed and tried to make them as comfortable as possible for slaughter animals such as cattle & pigs.

She is absolutely incredible --

I've yet to read any of her writing (I believe she has more than one book out), but I listened to an in-depth interview with her on NPR -- !

She believes that her insight into animal behavior is due to her autism, and the way she perceives the world.

Thanks for reminding me that I need to read at least one of her books.

I read her book on slaughter facility design and how she came up with the ideas...wonderful book......now on the other side of the fence...she has apparently written some works on dog training and much of it is supposed to be stolen from another dog trainer/stockhandler.......I know her slaughterhouse design was absolutely novel at the time........ahhh the price/politics of fame
wink.gif

My mother read her book "Thinking in Pictures".

Heidi

an extraordinary individual capable of giving us great insight into the world of the autistic. I saw her interviewed on 60 minutes years ago. get the book!
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back