Australia's wildfires

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plaid mare

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
My prayers go out to the people affected by the wildfires down under. Those who have stock have a harder time evacuating. We have members on the forum from there as well. The temperatures are in the triple digits. Ryan Johnson I hope all is well with you!

Terrible fires, and they have been burning so long already, with no end in sight. I just can't imagine living there and having animals to worry about. Even before the fires got so bad, the drought was killing so much livestock.

Hey , Im ok where I am, thanks for thinking of me. I can't say the same for many other parts of Australia. I live in Victoria , the closest fires to me are in Sth Gippsland, about an hour away. The fires in New South Wales have been burning for weeks. My heart breaks for all those that have lost homes, our wildlife that have perished & the poor koalas that are now thought to be close to extinction. To the amazing firefighters that have been working for weeks on end and to those that have lost their lives, we will be forever grateful.

Whilst I had plenty of rain throughout winter and spring, many other major parts of Australia have not seen rain in so long and now they are burning. To give you an idea of how vast in range these fires are, the recent fire in the amazon, 2.2 million acres perished. In Australia so far, we are lost close to 15 million acres. It doesn't help when the temps have been pushing 49 degrees or 120 Fahrenheit.

Im as prepared as I can be if the fires got any closer or if any were to break out near me. Im also here for those that need paddocks to house their horses if they need to evacuate.

For those of you that pray, please put Australia in your prayers. And if anyone dances , please dance for rain for Australia.

Ryan

I'm relieved that you are safe where you are Ryan. I have been following the news, and saw the koala hospital. They said it's the worst they've seen. Poor little guys. Prayers and dances in progress!

My husband is a volunteer fireman and the Chief of his dept has gone to many places over the years to fight wildfires. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Australia pretty soon. I hope he won't have to and the forecasted rain arrives and stops this disaster.
I heard on the news this morning that some company has been flying over the scorched places and dropping all kinds of food for the wildlife because the animals that did survive now have no food to subsist on.
I can't imagine how long it will take for the land to recover.
Stay safe Ryan.

Thanks Everyone :)

I am hoping with all this rain predicted , that it hits where its needed most. It will be so good to see a "blue" sky again. The smoke has been so bad, most of us have stopped riding and working horses for the time being.

We received around 40 mls or rain last night. Whilst it was not to extinguish over 100 fires still burning , it has helped in Victoria. The rain is expected to move over New South Wales over the coming days. Its not as smokey here today and I can actually see the sky and its blue :)
Thankful to hear you got some rain and that the air is clearing. The news clips I've seen are heartbreaking!

Latest posts

Back