Austin Van Wyck, Jr.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
I received this from Barbara Ashby, and have sent it to our NWMHC email list. Thought I would share the sad news w/all of you, too.

I really enjoyed Austin at the Fair, and he was always so fun to have around.

We will always miss him. I am sure many of you knew and liked him. He sure could run a show!

"We have received word that Austin Van Wyck, Jr. suffered a fatal heart attack early this morning. Those of you who have attended the horse shows at the Oregon State Fair will know that he has been the Manager for all the equine activities at the Fair for many years. He was a Miniature Horse Breeder from Arizona and took a special interest in having the Miniature Horse presented at this event. A memorial service will be held in the Main Arena at the State Fairgrounds in Salem on Wednesday, August 31st at 6:00 p.m. His son was one of our judges at the recent Central Point shows.

"

Liz M.

So sorry to hear that. He purchased a horse trailer from me just 2 years ago. Nice man. His son, Austin Van Wyck Jr just judged the AMHA Central Championship Show in Tulsa, OK a couple of weeks ago.

My heart felt sorrow goes out to his family and many friends.
sad.gif

Austin Van Wyck Jr. Are their two of them? Which one is this? The trainer in AZ? Also a Judge? A young fella, in his 30's - 40's?

Sad to hear in any case.

Beth

Austin Van Wyck Jr. is the father of Austin Van Wyck that is the trainer/judge from AZ. He was a very nice man.
no.gif
no.gif

Robin

At this time, there are two of them. I imagine there was an Austin Van Wyck, Sr., but have never met him.

Austin Van Wyck, Jr. was a trainer, etc. W/Victory Lane Stables. He also coordinated the Miniature Horse show at our State Fair and did a great job of it.

His son, Austin Van Wyck, the III is a judge. We showed under him at Central Point this year and have showed under him a few times here in the NW. He's always been very professional and personable. I imagine he is devastated and I'm so sorry for Austin's family.

Liz M>

The passing of Austin was a shock to most. He was a very nice man and full of life. Austin will be missed.

We send our condolences to the family, too. Austin III was one of the Central Championship judges a couple of weeks ago.

How awful! My condolences to his family and friends, it must be such a shock..
sad.gif

Latest posts

Back