Aug Sept Journal...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Lisa~

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten theirs yet? I know Lewella had come here and said that it should be hitting mailboxes around beginning of Sept.. but it is almost Mid Oct and I have not gotten anything yet? Just seeing if anyone else did before I assume mine got lost in the mail....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope Lisa, you are not alone. I have not received mine either.

Got the World friday though...gorgeous, lots of good articles!

Yes the World mag is fantastic. Nice and thick, full color and great articles. But no journal yet
default_sad.png

Well I am glad to know it is not my mail. Sometimes our mail delivery can be a bit sketchy
default_smile.png

I never even got the Journal before that one, but I did see one at Nationals and it wasn't worth complaining about...lol
default_rolleyes.gif

I hope I get the latest one (Yes, I changed my address with the office).
default_wink.png

I never even got the Journal before that one, but I did see one at Nationals and it wasn't worth complaining about...lol
default_rolleyes.gif

I hope I get the latest one (Yes, I changed my address with the office).
default_wink.png
I haven't received anything here in Delaware since the April/May issue I am just TOTALLY DISGUSTED with the manner in which this publication is handled.Wonder what the excuse is this time?IMO major changes need to be made somewhere.Can't make it to convention this year, but I would love to be there to hear all about it.I enjoy reading the magazine when I get it.I don't think it speaks well for the integrity and quality of the ASPC/AMHR as a whole to constantly have issues with the distribution of the major venue of information to members.I know the internet is there, but not everyone has access especially some older folks.Just my opinion, folks, but I am not the only one-have had this conversation with several of my friends.

Haven't even received the June/July issue. I was able to get it at Nationals but still pretty disappointed I never got one. I hope to atleast receive this one.

I did get my June/July issue some time ago... for those that didnt get one, perhaps contacting the office to let them know that somehow some people did not- you should get what you pay for. Perhaps they can send a copy out to those who didnt get it.

Hopefully the Aug/Sept ones will be out before Xmas!
default_biggrin.png

I know the internet is there, but not everyone has access especially some older folks.Just my opinion, folks, but I am not the only one-have had this conversation with several of my friends.

The internet is only good for a list of the shows or show results. It seems they never change the sidebar stories or add anything new. Not all that great either!!

The internet is only good for a list of the shows or show results. It seems they never change the sidebar stories or add anything new. Not all that great either!!
I agree the AMHR/ASPC site needs a major update. Make the site more professional but still keep it user friendly. Allow important registry news be listed on the site. We cannot rely on the Journal for information if its going to be delayed. I cannot download the Journal online, having dial up I just can't do it, I'm not sitting for 30 min. for a page to load up.

I am still waiting too. I want to run an ad in the Journal, but there is no way I'm doing it until they start getting them out more regularly. It's a shame.

Just went and looked, how sad for the advertisers that did thier national contender ads, seems to me nationals has been over nearly a month ago....

glad all 105 pages are online now, on October 12th for the Aug/Sept Issue.

I am still waiting too. I want to run an ad in the Journal, but there is no way I'm doing it until they start getting them out more regularly. It's a shame.
I have to admit I am kinda feeling the same way at best the Nationals issue comes in the mailboxes end of Jan and at this rate I expect it to be much later
default_sad.png
and really even by Jan.. months have passed people are looking forward to the new show season not thinking about what happened 5-6 months ago..

but it is still hard to resist wanting to share your Farms Nationals news... kinda a catch 22 there for me

Trace I realize the Journal is online however many cant see it due to dial up

while it is an exciting new addition it is really not the same thing as a hard copy

Got my june/July issue last week. Was wondering at the time what that meant for when the Aug/Sept issue might arrive. I guess I'll wait and see.

Someone really needs to bring this up at Convention... I hope they are refunding advertisers for money wasted, but doubt it. What a great way to screw your supportive members that have spent a substantial $$$ on advertising in tough economic times, that becomes a huge waste when the journal comes out many weeks after Nationals online and who knows how long until people start to get it in print.

As I recall, earlier in the summer there was mention of some people being refunded money on their ads--not sure how many issues that applied to, but I think they said refunds were given on the time sensitive ads in at least the April/May issue that was the latest one of all--and I know a few people have mentioned getting advertising discounts. Again, I don't know which issues that affected or which ads were affected.

Latest posts

Back