Auctions buys!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy appy

Reaction score
I never posted the pictures of what I bought at Martin's Fall Auction. I forgot until today when I was moving vehicles around to get them into the barn under a solid wood roof for the storm. Normally they are in a portable garage.

Here is the first one. A 1900's model Trap. Totally restored. It is for single pony but the company that restored it made a team pole so that 2 miniatures could haul it. In fact the person had 2 minis and made it to fit his team.

IMG024.jpg

The next is a sleigh. It is a restored 1881 model. It came with a team pole and a set of shafts. The seat cushion is inside the house. I didn't want any mice making a home in it.

20121029_123033.jpg

20121029_123025.jpg

20121029_123008.jpg

Nice! Wish we had auctions like that near here. I have also always coveted a sleigh but in truth I have no where to drive in winter really, either there is way to much snow or it is inclined to be icy. Not to mention I tend to want to stay indoors - just plain unhappy about being out in the cold in spite of how lovely it looks from the window.

Thanks! the prices were very low, or at least I thought so. Way cheaper than what I can find in Ontario.

I knew someone who put wheels on the bottom of the runners of their sleigh and used it in parades. It was very cool. These are beautiful

Lovely! I think I will plan on going to their next auction
default_yes.gif

I knew someone who put wheels on the bottom of the runners of their sleigh and used it in parades. It was very cool. These are beautiful
That's my husband's plan for the sleigh. That way I can use it more. Really he wants to try and get it into the house. He thinks it would make a great conversation piece! lol

Latest posts

Back