Auction Results from Cannon Falls, MN

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

This is a copy of a post from another site. They always do auction results but this one really tore at me because of all the minis in it.

Simon Horse Company Auction House --Cannon Falls MN Tuesday August 12, 2008

There were a TON of horses for some odd reason, I stayed for 3.5hrs and they were only half done, wanted to see the loose horses there were 3 big Belgians and a really nice Shire. They were probably going to kill, they were nice and fattened and one of the Belgians eye was ripped open and the eye ball was gone…pretty gruesome. Some nice looking horses in the loose ones though, big grey TB I wanted really bad…but I board I cant buy anymore!!

• Bay mini mare rode in by kid $135
  • Blue roan pony, possibly bred, walked with kid on bareback looked pretty young $145
  • Sorrel Flaxen 4yr mini ridden by kid $175
  • Buckskin mini filly $75 L so cute
  • Drk chestnut mini stud $25
  • Grulla mini stud $35
  • Chocolate Mini baby $45 last three went to the same guy
  • Sorrel flaxen yearling mini lead in $70
  • Cremello ish mini mare $100
  • Pinto grade 8yr pony rode in by teenage girl that was too big for the pony, gelding, neck reined well $160
  • Black pony mare 9yrs rode in bareback w halter $175
  • Sorrel pinto 3yr old gelding been saddled very pretty, and super fat, registered $200
  • Sorrel pony mare, 6yrs rode in by kid no saled wanted $400
  • Pinto mini mare lead with kid riding, registered $210
  • Gorgeous black paint pony (bald face 4 white socks) 51inches 5yr gelding, roped off of, did cattle, very very broke – would make a great show pony IMO $900
  • Grulla 3yr paint had shoes all around apparently and coggins rode in by kid $ no saled
  • Paint grade 3yr mare rode in, kept spinning her…poor girl looked dizzy after a while lol was very well broke though WTC in tiny space $625
  • Paint registered 98 mare "guaranteed color" bred to paint lead through $225
  • Roanish Sorrel supposedly will roan out more as gets older Registered QH with Red Sonny Dee and Smoken Joe on papers, yearling stud colt lead in , almost jumped on handler when kids ran by but otherwise quiet $675 no saled wanted $800
  • Roan small draft X gelding rode in $400 kinda fugly but cute
  • Registered paint 3yr mare very pretty dished face 120 days training, very western pleasure lope and jog very nice show mare…too well trained for 3yrs! But cute. Fleet machine on papers and Mr. Conclusive? No saled wanted $2000
  • Registered appaloosa pretty for an app black face and socks and speckled leopard rode in bareback had the sad appy tail 1999 mare $650
  • Black registered paint very minimal white 95 mare rode in by kid that couldn't really make her move or turn.. $325
  • Palomino, 4 white socks, cute, huge 5yr old gelding rode in very quiet $600
  • Sorrel pony mare 12yrs been in 4H rode in $145
  • Palomino appendix gelding very QH looking though, registered, 2003, barrel racer, "performance bred" $2200
  • Registered halflinger stud colt, super well put together and super cute! Only $75 totally would have taken this guy
  • Solid registered 98 paint mare with tobiano baby rode in bred back, ridden in by kid but hadn't been ridden in 3yrs $325 colt was to be sold but no saled at $75
  • Appendix gelding 2002 rode in been around everything $600 no saled wanted $1200
  • GORGEOUS dark blue roan registered 5yr gelding from ranch in SD rode in $1300
  • Grulla – tiger stripped legs and all registered yearling stud colt $875
  • Bay 2006 Doc OLena gelding rode in…yes rode in and pretty broke…will have leg problems im sure! $625
  • Light palomino 9yr old small mare rode in scare on shoulder "doesn't affect her" $500
  • True black grade 10yr gelding rode in been on lots of trails, owner said they would guarantee him, had shots and seemed well broke $675
  • Sorrel small gelding 12 yrs rode in with two 5-7yr old kids in saddle $200
  • Grade sorrel overo gelding, big $450
  • Black tobiano 2004 gelding quiet well broke rode in WTC $450
  • Registered paint yearling filly? MN futurity nominated very well built $90
  • Bay registered mare used in stock yard, cute, but bred supposedly $225
  • Buckskin grade mare ridden in, quiet $350 no saled wanted 400
  • Registered paint, grulla mare rode in bareback 8yrs old $1225 no saled wanted 2000
  • Bay tobiano 3yrs "ridden by kids all summer"---I think they all say that! Registered $225
  • Grulla 2yr filly lead in but ridden "in pasture bareback" $135
  • ½ Arab sorrel ridden in, very cute and prancy seemed young for being ridden in didn't catch age $150…woulda taken this one too
  • 9yr old black pintoish tenn walker mare, trotted more than gaited…$275 no saled wanted 500
  • Rgistered Scotch Bar Time stud colt $135
  • Sorrel QH 2003, big Scotch Bar Time as well, gelding over 16hands "been shown English" but rode in western $410
  • Dark pretty bay selling grade 7yrs been riding stable horse $450 no saled wanted 900
  • Light red roan ridden in $250
  • 2yr percheron/morgan pretty darn cute didn't look very drafty apparently had 30days riding and driving…yikes he wasn't even close to being finished growing but was very sweet $250 woulda taken him in a heartbeat
  • Grey mare 6yrs grade QH very pretty cute lil heart brand on shoulder $450
  • Sweaty, scared 3yr old grade ridden in $210
  • Flaxen mini "bombproof" mini mare broke to ride and drive rode in with kid $100
  • Paint ponyish sized 2yrs lead in with not one but TWO kids in saddle, gelding I think $100
  • Flea bitten registered QH red badger on papers 10yr mare with may 1
st baby (grullaish probably gray eventually) and bred back to stallion so 3 for 1 went for $300 Bay registered but papers were on hold bc of estate or seomthign, Zipp chocolate chip dam, 90 days training, seemed youngish $400

Last edited:
Parmala,

Simons has a sale just about every week. They used to be a kill auction, though people would buy their next horses there too. Many "Minis" have gone through there, though they are really ponys. This time of year the pony rides for carnivals send their ponys through. They do not want to pay for them over the winter. Then in the spring they are looking for Ponys again for their rides. This time of year there are always tons of horses going through Simons. People also get horses for themselves and their kids, but they too do not want to take care of them during the winter months.

I hate going to Simons as there are many many paint weanlings and yearlings that go through. I can never figure out why someone would breed their mares, get a foal, then send the foal through the auction and get nothing for it. There are always kill horses too. They are usually in a different section and have cuts, sores, breaks etc on them and they go through later in the evening.

The sad part is, now that the US has seen fit to do away with slaughter houses for horses, these poor things will be hauled to either Canada or Mexico before they are put out of their misery.

The prices are the same as they have always been. Actually a little higher for the Minis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parmala,
This time of year the pony rides for carnivals send their ponys through. They do not want to pay for them over the winter. Then in the spring they are looking for Ponys again for their rides. This time of year there are always tons of horses going through Simons. People also get horses for themselves and their kids, but they too do not want to take care of them during the winter months.

There are always kill horses too. They are usually in a different section and have cuts, sores, breaks etc on them and they go through later in the evening.

The sad part is, now that the US has seen fit to do away with slaughter houses for horses, these poor things will be hauled to either Canada or Mexico before they are put out of their misery.
Very sad, but so true. I just feel that if something has served you well you owe it to them to either take care of them or place them will they will be taken care of. It doesn't change the fact that there are slaughter houses, and horses will go to them, it is just a matter of where they are. Shutting them down in the US did nothing more than send jobs across the border.

JMO

Carolyn

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate going to Simons as there are many many paint weanlings and yearlings that go through. I can never figure out why someone would breed their mares, get a foal, then send the foal through the auction and get nothing for it. There are always kill horses too. They are usually in a different section and have cuts, sores, breaks etc on them and they go through later in the evening.
We have a sale here in Ohio every Friday in sugarcreek ohio, they always have a huge pen full of weanlings..im guessing PMU weanlings? Ive not been to any auctions at all this year, use to go to pick up tack and things i need around the barn, but just have not had time..so not sure what they are bringing now.

Latest posts

Back