Attorney

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slinkky

Reaction score
Is there a place to look up attorneys, kinda like the Better Business Bureau but for lawyers?

Can you tell we've never needed one before....I don't know where to start.

I'll be interested in what people have to say on this.........

What we have done in the past is ask people we have respect for who they would recommend.....(we've done this with other professionals as well.). If one or two names keep being mentioned, perhaps they are worth checking out.

yes, it's the "checking out" I'm not sure about.

I'm sure if you call their office you are only going to hear the good stuff.

That's why I wondered if there was a place to check and see if they have ever been in trouble with a judge or anything like that.

QUestions

When I found mine, I did word of mouth. Mostly because I started calling and others wouldn't take my case but many referred me to the guy now. I looked for a list like they have for doctors and dentists but couldn't find one.

Sorry not much help, but maybe if I bump it someone else will know.

You could also contact your State Bar Assoc. jennifer
default_saludando.gif

your state should have an attorney registration and disciplinary commission. you can call there to see if an attorney has ever had a complaint filed against him/her. not sure if you can find this information online or if it would take a phone call.

you can also call your court clerk's office and ask for referrals. these people work with attorneys every day and they know which ones to stay away from.
default_wink.png

These are all great ideas. Thanks for your input. We haven't found an attorney yet, but I have someone to guide us along.

Thanks guys!
default_aktion033.gif

Well, this conversation came up in good time for me, cause looks like I may be looking for one too.

I have recently been researching lawyers myself. A good place to start is your state's district court wesite. There are links on the site to attornies. Lawyers will give you a free consultation. Ask them of they are familiar with your type of case (i.e. Animal Law.) get very specific about how long things should take and their hourly rate.

Good Luck

I am lucky to have a good attorney that my in- laws have used for many years.

Latest posts

Back