Attn Oregonians......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valerie

Reaction score
Hey, what can you guys tell me about the Portland Saturday Market?

I was thinking about driving down there on Saturday to check it out and just wondering if it's worth the

price of fuel?

I have never been, even though I was born & raised in Salem, just never got up there.

Come on guys....tell me what you like and any tricks to parking, etc down there?

Thanks.......
default_biggrin.png

Valerie

I've been many times and love it. Lots to look at, from people to products. Not sure about parking, just be sure to wear walking shoes!

Oh my......it's been a long time since we last went........but DITTO on the walking shoes.

As I recall, we parked in a nearby parking garage - I think on 4th Ave and then walked over.

When we used to go, we lived in an "outlaying" area that had Tri-met bus routes that eventually connected to the MAXX line that ran right past/through the market.

It was always wonderful and neat- a day long experience- to go wander Saturday Market. There was SO MUCH to see, so many things to tempt you!
default_smile.png
It's a worthwhile visit, IMO- We used to go every year during Rose Festival until they started charging for entrance to the Waterfront. Are they still doing that?

We usually bought some Christmas gifts (well, my mother did. Being as we were kids and silly, we didn't until the last time) and stuff while we were there- there are so many things, some unlike most the stuff you'll find in stores. Prices can be high for things- food and such.

Definitely worth the time and gas!

As long as you're wearing good walking shoes and don't mind the stroll, consider parking on the east side of the river (plenty of free parking) and take a walk along the Eastside Esplanade, cross over the river on one of the bridges and then down Waterfront Park to Saturday Market.

Or, park in Chinatown (close in northwest) and stop for Dim Sum on your way. You can generally park fairly close and there are lots of great galleries and interesting stores along the way.

Have fun! It's been too long since we've gone...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice ladies!!!

I am looking forward to our trip South tomorrow.....and yep, we will both be wearing walking shoes and

bringing lots of sunblock!!

As always I appreciate the advice & helpful tips!!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back