Atalaya on E-R? I forgot your LB name

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
for understanding a bit of where I was coming from.

yes, I posted a little hastily, but honestly, that ranch has had more than its share of "silly" injuries and illnesses. I don't mind the fact that it IS a game, etc., but the attempt to make it so has gotten a bit on the extreme side.

I would rather see a few births end in "loss" a few unexpected deaths than all the long-term illnesses. As I mentioned, the one(s) that drove me over the edge as in stole the last bit of enjoyment from the game for me were the rain rot that took 7 months to recover from and cost $500 the first day, then $250 for each of the days/months (6) that it took to get on track.

It did not make me broke, but what it did was ruin a good portion of my Futurity prospects' chances, and that was at this point, my main enjoyment of the game other than the breeding part (things I could not possibly do in "real" life).

Sorry this is public, but I thank you for reminding everyone of what I was trying to say on the posts.

I don't expect no injuries, no illness, what I expect would be a reasonable "that is not possible" (to modify the game a little to accomodate something minor like rain rot that would not really mess with a horse's ability to exercise except in extremes, and I fed them the best, etc.) instead of "you were inappropriate" in light of the fact that she swore at me privately in email.

Thanks again!!

(not that I'm accusing you of siding with me, I DID get about 6 emails from 5 separate people on the game that DO agree with me, feel similarly, but are still having fun in the game. They are afraid to even suggest it b/c there are other things wrong right now and they don't want to be labelled as whiners. One of them posts all the time in the blog/Commons as quite the friendly person to her, but says she does not want to rock the boat when she has so much $$$ and time invested in the game, she will make do with how it is, but would also love to see some slight changes in that part of it).

Liz

It was a Sim game. I think I learned about it here from them, when people posted links to online games.

I had been playing another, I started in the Winter, and really enjoyed having it for distraction while I was sitting up watching mares on the computer monitor.

I liked it b/c I could set it to auto play some features to save time when things got busy, and come back to it as I had more time.

It has a cool feature where it uses real life genetics to determine the outcome of breedings, and she even added tests as they became available such as Silver, and Pearl, and so on.
default_smile.png

I am sorry for the confusing public post, I just didn't remember her forum name and wanted to thank her for being a bit of a voice of reason over there in the ensuing discussion over my leaving the game.

Liz

That would be me.
default_yes.gif
You're welcome. People just tend to go off on tangents on that game and I do get sick of that part sometime. I am not surprised at the treatment you received based on what I have seen before.
default_rolleyes.gif

NO idea what was going on, but I wonder if there are some jealous of what you really get to do with horses while they just have to pretend?
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back