AT&T Wireless

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
For those of you who have AT&T - Do you like their service? We have been Verizon customers, well forever pretty much. Every now and then they really stick it to us on the bill and we have had enough at this point. I was looking into AT&T as I want to get their wireless plan and internet - reviews on both? How is the cell service as you travel the country?

For my dad, my cell and my internet (which doesn't work half the time) our bill is usually $170.00....this coming month it is just short of $500. Every few month it seems that our bill just sky rockets - now with that said we did have some overage charges, but I feel their overage charges are WAY over priced.

Thanks in advance.................plus I really want an Iphone, it seems that those things take better pictures than my Nikon
default_smile.png

I have AT&T wireless (have for 11 years). It's great as long as you're in populated areas but now I live in a remote spot. There are dead zones in my house where we don't get signal but if we move just an inch over, we do. It gets very tiresome. I don't know if our dead zones happen with other phone companies or not though, since everyone I know seems to have the same provider we do. Rates seem similar to what you pay monthly, except most plans involve a lot of rollover minutes (my minutes get deleted because I've accumilated so many) and unlimited texting.

I'm in a remote area, so AT&T is pretty iffy. I'm with Verizon and I'm very happy with the coverage! But... I do know a lot of people in more populated areas that love AT&T.

Liz N.

I traveled with Verizon for years. I was always the only one with phone service unless others had Verizon also. So I would not change. Then I decided to get an iphone so I did switch to ATT before iphones had Verizon. HUGE difference. Lots of dead spots, dropped calls, etc. IF you are in a populated area and don't travel than you won't mind it ATT. But Verizon is FAR better.

Edited to say......you said you wanted an iphone? You can get them with Verizon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been with AT&T for eons, back in the days of the "bag phone". I've been out to Oregon/Washington twice and had coverage where my friend who was on Sprint had nothing, even up in the mountains. Also been up into Ohio, WI, IA, PA and had no problems. I have 3 phones on my plan and recently changed from my 1100 minutes plan with unlimited Nights/Weekends, Any Phone to Phone, unlimited text, with limited data usage on each phone and had rollover minutes of over 7000 for just under $250/mo and I changed to a data share plan that has unlimited talk, text (nation wide/phone to phone) and we share 6 GB of data for just under 200.00 + taxes which makes it about 210.00/mo.

Would not change plans for anything -- not to say I have not had issues in the past, but customer service has always got it straighted out quickly and to my satisfaction.

I do not have AT&T, I have TMobile and I love it. For unlimited minutes/texts/internet for three phones, I pay just over 200 a month. I am rural also and my friend who has Verizon, her phone does not work in my area. The overage charges can really kill you when you go over your minutes. If you find this is happening a lot, it would be cheaper to switch to an unlimited plan. All the cell companies charge quite a bit for overage charges. Before I had an unlimited plan, TMobile would call me or text me when I was getting close to my limit. They have wonderful customer service.

We, also, have had AT&T for years and we like it a lot. The worst is getting through their long recorded "Press 1 if you want...." "Press 2 if you want..."

When we retired I called and talked to a customer service representative who gave me to a supervisor who told us just what we could do in terms of services to lower our monthly bill. Some of this was comparing minutes and services used. They helped us get our monthly bill down to reasonable levels.

I have Verizon for the phones, but have ATT for internet at home. I really like it, rather fast and is $24.99 a month promised for 2 years. Maybe split it up for home use. Just a thought.

I have at&t. We are a "black hole" for verizon here for cell phones. We use verizon fios for computer and tv. At&t service for my cell has been great for us.

Latest posts

Back