At long last my fave guy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic

Reaction score
Took a full 2 weeks of every other day trying to get this turkey to even pay attention to what he was suppose to do
default_no.gif
he'd stop short knock the rail down go around it or crash right through it or dive under the thing...so for the second day he's been good and except for over jumping hasn't done any of the above..a small step forward after a lot of frustration for all
default_biggrin.png

catjump08.jpg

Well if that's only "kind of" jumping, I'd be worried about him clearing the fences when he's really jumping. He looks like a natural!

He looks GREAT! Congratulations on showing him what you wanted. One thing I thought when I saw the picture (sorry don't mean to be a know it all so just ignore me if this isn't helpful) was you have no ground pole. If you put a ground pole in front of the jump it helps the horse with depth perception and he can judge how high it is much better. All the jumps I've ever seen at shows have a ground pole as well. It could be part of the reason he was evading the jumps before and if that is the case his jumping them now so well is a testament to how much he is willing to trust YOU. That is something special.

Over jumping isnt bad. Really, he looks like he will make a awsome jumper. I would rather have one over jump then under jump.

Oh wow! That's great, he's flying over that jump! Are you going to show him? I think with a bit more practice you could win a few ribbons jumping, he's a very good looking boy as well.

That's a great photo!!

But I have no doubt that Salena could teach ANY horse to jump!!

Wow that looks high. The new one here does the same thing just not to that extreme. If he jumps he completely overjumps :DOH! lol.

Latest posts

Back