At a total loss..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniforFaith

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I haven't been on to much lately, just reading.. But to much has happened this past week that I really need to talk about it to someone. You guys are all I have..
default_no.gif
First off the drug addict sister was at it again. Needless to say after a knock down massive fight, I am so done with her. I knew not to trust her, but I did start talking to her somewhat again. Until now, she was yelling You are not my mother(our mom died 5 yrs ago), I just said yes I am not your mother, and from this point on I am not your sister, and you no longer have a niece and nephew.. This Monday was my daughters 7th birthday, my miracle baby. My sister said so does that mean I can't come to the party, and I said no. I have cut all ties with her. But at least this time my dad sees it and is on my side.. He was here for Faith's party.. She had a nice party. She shares her Birthday with my golden girl Posie(I say golden because of her colic last year)..

Here are my babies on their B--day..

IMG_0775.jpg

Now, For the worst part. Three yrs ago we lost our house because of where my hubby works was bought out by CN(Candian National) He has been without a contract for 5 yrs now. They(CN) are trying to take everything away from the guys.. From benefits to taking a major cut in pay.. Well they still have no contract, so they laid everyone off.. On his unemployment he will be making only 500. every two weeks. For a family of 4, there is no way we are going to make it. But, he wants to try to see when they settle the contract for the back monies they owe them.. We already lost everything once, and we can't go threw it again. I am a complete basket case. Between hubby getting laid off and my sister, I have gone 4 days with no sleep. I have at least 2 panic attacks a day, I feel like a nut case. This is just all to much. Then also with my mare having that reaction, I was so worried about her too. But Lucy is back to normal..I am just so scared right now and like I said I do not have anyone here I can talk to about all of this..I have put in a lot of job app. and just waiting for someone to call. In our area, the jobs you need to survive are just not here. Sorry to whine, but I really needed to tell someone about the living *ell I am going threw..Thanks for letting me vent.. I just pray that God will somehow help us threw this without loosing everything again
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Oh I am so sorry your going though this
default_no.gif
My husband was also laid off about 2 years ago. It was devastating. I really hope you guys don't have to go through that again. I am going to be praying for you. Please hang in there and keep your chin up.

I'm told God only gives us what we can handle...I don't know what to say other than my prayers are with you and your family. I pray that He gives you the strength to get through this.

I'm so sorry. No matter what don't ever give up. A lot of us have been there and come back.

It can be done if you work together. You have to think of what is not working and figure out what will.

The answer is somewhere. You will find it. Stay strong.

when one door closes another will open. the trick is knowing what door to go through. sorry your family is having such a rough time. ours is going through it too. we were hit by a drunk last year. I was out of work for 7 mo. I normaly work three jobs. 1 full time and 2 parttime. Ive only returned to one of them. we have been behind two morgage payments. but every time We get behind something happens to get us up again. I may have to change ocupations as Im not getting any better. In talking with the retirement people at work I found out that I can be transfered within the county I work for, to a job I can do, at about twice the pay, and be eligible to retire in only 5 more years. the point of this is not to dump my problems on you but to remind you to talk to everyone and keep your eyes open to other opertunitys. good luck DR.

Try and stay strong and I agree with what DR said.... when one door closes another opens.

5 years ago I was let go from a job I thought I was going to retire from. I'd been there 13 years. The company was bought out and out of over 200 people in the office... 5 went to FL with the new company.

My husband also, worked with the company. We were sick with worry. At the time we didn't have children, but had a new house and cars and bills,etc. Around here to get the kind of job I had worked up to requires a 4 year degree which I did not have. I decided to look for a job closer to home and ended up getting one within a week of losing my job. HOWEVER, two years after getting that job while pregnant with my 2nd child... I got a call at home to tell me they no longer needed me.

I told my husband enough is enough. I couldn't go through that again. Two jobs in a row that I was laid off from. I had already had one high risk pregnancy(6 weeks of bed rest and almost lost him at birth) and with being pregnant again. The stress was too much.

I stayed home and have been home ever since. AND LOVE it. It's a struggle with the income. We can't afford the daycare(about $1000 per child). There is no way with gas for a potential 70+ mile round trip commute. Between those two I wouldn't make enough to cover them.

My husbands job at the 1st employer was spared and he was recently promoted to distribution manager. He's doing really well. It took a lot of time as that was 5 years ago. He's also, now going for his batchelors degree which the company is helping pay for.

P.S. I know you know it, but you really need your rest.

Kim

I'm so sorry, I can only imagine the fear and uncertainty that you are living with right now.
default_sad.png

Try to put your sister right out of your thoughts-- I know it's tough, but thinking about her is just making you feel worse. There are times in our lives when we have to cut out the "poisonous" people from our lives, and in the long run this will be the best for you and your family.

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers, hopefully another good job will come up SOON. {{{hugs}}}

{{{Hugs}}} to you and your family.

All I can advise is to concentrate on the good that you have right now at each moment. Try to enjoy life with those you love and trust that things will work out.

p.s. (Your darling daughter and Posie are sooo cute.)

default_no.gif
I am so sorry for your touch times. We will be thinking and praying of you and your family during this time.

Keep you head up with the LORD and your family and friends you will see the light thourgh all this.

That all sounds pretty rough. Hopefully there is "light at the end of the tunnel".

We'll be thinking of you and yours and hoping some good things start to happen for all of you.

I'm so sorry to hear of what your family is going through. As have many others here, we have also been close to not making it but there was a light at the end of the tunnel and things could not be more perfect now. Hold on tight to your precious little girl, your husband and your animals - you guys will make it!!
default_wub.png

Thanks everyone, it really helps to have support behind you.. I should have been resting, but everything caught up with me today. I have had a cold all week in top of this.. Well over night, all I did was cough..Hubby made me go to the drs. I have pnuemonia in both of my lower lungs. She wanted to admit me but I didn't go.. I have a job interview Monday morning and she(the dr) didn't know if I would be out or not.. But I am listening, now. Slept all evening.. Between all the anxitety meds and now this med's for the pnuemonia I feel like I own the drug store.. Hubby did horse chorses and cooked dinner, so that says alot..I just pray that I get this job (or any one right now)...My interview is at 9:00 Monday..

Thanks again everyone, now I am off to cough up another lung...
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back