ASPC/AMHR Spring BOD Meeting Agenda

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaykay

Reaction score
I believe strongly in members rights to see BOD meeting agendas so that they are informed on what is coming up and what is happening in our association. Unfortunately this is not posted on the ASPC/AMHR site.

If you have strong feelings on any of the issues be sure to let your director know how you feel.

This could be modified or changed.

American Shetland Pony Club

Board of Directors Spring Meeting

Saturday, March 10, 2011

9:00 am

Agenda

1. Call to Order

2. Roll Call

3. President’s Opening Remarks

4. Old Business

A. Approval of minutes from Convention

B. Office Report

C. Financial Report

D. By-Laws

E. ASPC Congress and AMHR Nationals Show Management Bid/Contract Update

E. Show committee for Congress and Nationals

(1) Measurement procedures at National Shows

(2) Congress 2012

(3) Over Sized Horses

(4) Policy for payment of ASPC Congress and AMR Nationals entry fees

(5) 2012 Congress class list

(6) AMHR National class list

(7) Location of 2013 Congress

( 8)Bids for trophies and ribbons

F. Update on Show Manager Test

(1) Number taking it

(2) Average score

(3) Issues

(4) Show Manager Test for Multi-Breed (Fair) Shows

G.Evaluation Instrument for ASPC/AMHR Director of Operations and Director of Finance

H. Make the proposal passed by the Board at Convention to allow Shetlands over 3 years of age to register with DNA if all other paperwork is in order extraordinary.

I. Lexington Convention Hotel Selection for 2013

(1)Lexington Area Attractions – Lexington Tourist Bureau

J. Convention requirements and application

K. Hall of Fame Awards

L. All Star Awards (certificates)

M. Breed Promotion Committee

N. Photo requirements for registration optional

5. New Business

A. ADS Committees/ADS Breed Partnership Advertising Contracts

B. Area 8 Member Concerns

C. International committee & International Marketing, International Shows

D. Historical/People Hall of Fame Committee

(1) Budget

(2) People Hall of Fame – approval of schedule deviation for 2012

(3) Preservation Project

6. Closed Session

A.Recommendation of the Hearing Committee

Board of Directors Spring Meeting

Sunday, March 11, 2011

9:00 am

Agenda

1. Old Business

A. Committee/rule change reports proposal from Convention

(1) AMHR

(2) Classic

(3) Moderns

(4) Modern Pleasure

(5) ASPR

(6) NSPR

(7) Judges

(8) Stewards

B. Technology Committee

C. Rulebook Committee

D. Steward/Judges Committee policy, clarifications of governance

E. Fix measurement rules that are currently wrong

F. Clinics for Stewards

G. Fair Show List Options and procedures

H. Super Gelding

2. New Business

A. Membership incentives

B. Shetland promotional movie from the 50’s possibility/feasibility of having DVD copies for sale to membership.

C. DNA incentive program ideas.

D. Timely organizational structure

E. 2012 committee member list

F. Develop an annual budget based on proposed income

G. Allow double registered (ASPC/AMHR horses to show both divisions at the same show.)

H. Cross entering of Modern Shetland and ASPR ponies at the same show.

I. Add the following Shetland registration exception on Page 174 to part 5 Paragraph A: Exception to this rule are Shetland Ponies registered with the Pferdezuchtverband Brandenburg-Anhalt e.V. of Deutsches Classic-Pony and descended 100% from ASPC ponies exported to Europe.

J. European Guest Judges for European Allstars: to mirror Page 633, Part 16 Sanction Canadian APC/AMHR Shows. Qualified guest officials to be accredited by the hose countries FEI member organization (Example: Deutsche Reiterliche Vereinigung in Germany, Federation Suisse Des Sport Equestres in Switzerland, etc.)

K. Procedure to hardship ASPC and ASPIR into AMHR in Europe.

L. Any Owner, Lessee, or Trainer that advertises a placing for Pony of the Year or Horse of the Year, either in print or electronically, prior to the official announcement of said awards shall be disqualified from receiving said award for the competition year advertised.

Thank you KayKay. Man they have lot of stuff to do. I gripe about things sometimes and forget to thank the people that voluntarily do all this.

Just asking are they thinking of doing DNA testing ?

C. DNA incentive program ideas. / or what is this about thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your welcome Lavern! I just think its important that all members know what is happening. Otherwise when something does pass members are like "where did that come from!"

Rebel I really do not know what that is in reference to. Maybe a director will come on here and answer? Or you can call or email you regions director and ask.

I sure hope they revamp the whole picture thing. This process of having to make a weanling stand with all 4 legs apart and the head facing the camera is ridiculous. We send a separate head shot so there is no reason to make it so difficult. That part about the head facing the camera (for the side shots) was inserted later and just makes no sense to me.

KayKay look at H and number K

H--If they vote to allow the the Modern Shetland to cross enter with the ASPR which is a half blood, we should be able to do it too with at least the mini shetland cross.( I think I'll go classic) Or the Sport pony at AMHR shows. It just has to be 1/2 mini or shetland. By George I want to cross enter something.

K--Does this mean that instead of telling the people in Europe not to contact a AMHR person to buy a AMHR horse but rather buy a Shetland and we will help you hardship it in.

It just get better and better.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ASPR isn't necessarily a half blood. Some ASPR ponies are full hackney, some are Hackney/Shetland, some are full ASPC. And the rules currently allow for ponies to cross enter from ASPC to ASPR at the same show--Moderns, Modern Pleasures & Classics can all be ASPR registered, and all can cross enter into ASPR as well as Modern, Modern Pleasure or Classic. Not sure what this agenda is referring to with "H" but I guess we'll find out after this weekend. As for NSPR--when you get those 1/2 Welsh foals you are going to raise, you will be able to register them NSPR and show them as such--nothing to cross enter them into, though, as they are NSPR only.

As for K--wow, you are really paranoid aren't you? All K means is if a European owner has an ASPC or ASPIR pony that qualifies for AMHR hardship, this will clarify what you need to do to get that pony hardshipped. How on earth would anyone turn that into "the registry is going to tell Europeans not to contact AMHR owners/breeders but instead go to an ASPC breeder and buy a small Shetland"???????????

Well why can't cross enter my minis in a Shetland Show then" Then I would say all is fair. If a hackney can, I don't get it.

Yes. I think there is a lady over there and that is exactly what she should be doing.

But Minimor I can't fight on here as I promised Mary Lou I would be nice. But I have a Blog and would be glad to let it rip if anyone would want to fight with me.

Get yourself some ASPC/AMHR minis and you will be able to cross enter them all you like.
default_yes.gif

I don't want them. I never wanted them. If I had I would have bought them years ago. Twenty some years ago The Shetland Pony Club gave us a chance to do something different. And we did it good. Too good I guess.

You don't just give up on your horses or your breed (notbreed) because something else is is hot at the moment (flip floppers I call them). If you like what you have you stick to it try to improve.

The ASPC/AMHR/ASPR/NSPR has a long history and many divisions. I realize that it can be confusing. That is why it was my choice to become at least somewhat knowledgeable about the divisions ... even the ones I do not care about or am not involved with.

The ASPR is NOT a half blood registry. There have been some good articles on this division published in the last year. Much of the same info is also on the American Shetland Pony Club, Inc.'s, official website for anyone who would actually like to learn about it.

Shetlands registered as an ASPR may already cross enter at the same show. That option was specifically set up for Moderns & ASPRs to cross enter from the very second this division was voted into existence at the convention in 1995 in Peoria, IL. IT IS ALLOWED NOW ... provided the animals have the appropriate registrations and meet the OTHER requirements.

Here's an example about MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS.... the winningest mare in the history of the ASPC Congress - a full on Modern - also carries ASPR papers. She won a Modern Grand Championship at Congress in 2011 AND an ASPR showmanship class. She has Shetland papers & is Modern and has ASPR papers .... therefore she can show as both Modern and ASPR. Now ... in looking at another ASPR winner for the 2011 Congress ... Peppermint Twist shows ASPR but cannot show in the Shetland classes. WHY? She is not a registered Shetland. Instead she is is registered Hackney and is registered in the ASPR.

Allowing the cross entering is how the ASPR was set up in 1995. The ASPR was originally for Shetlands ... Hackneys... and Hackney/Shetland crosses and has now been expanded to include ASPR x ASPR breeding. There were a variety of reasons why ... including legal ramifications with the closing of ASPC's B division. Today, there are business ramifications as well as considerations in the outside society show pony world that makes this an extremely WISE AND NEEDED registry. I am not going to teach an entire history lesson NOR am I going to try to explain that some parts of the ASPC/AMHR/ASPR/NSPR do have their eyes on a bigger smalle equine perspective than just Miniature vs. Shetland.

(For anyone who actually wants to learn more about that world, you can check out www.societypony.com)

I have NO idea why the matter (H) is worded that way on the agenda. As I said, Modern/ASPR cross entering is already allowable. I would GUESS that this is being looked at in the same manner that the AMHR & ASPC cross entering is being looked. AS I POINTED OUT in my previous post elsewhere about the legalities, we probably can't have it both ways. Therefore, ONE of the rules probably needs to be addressed. In fairness, they have to discuss BOTH ways ... prohibiting ASPC/ASPR crossing OR allowing ASPC/AMHR crossing.

This is probably backed up by the fact that the Modern/ASPR cross entering and the ASPC/AMHR cross entering apper consecutively on the agena.

© ... DNA Incentive programs...

Most likely this is something about the programs we ALREADY HAVE ... Modern Weanling Sweepstakes, Classic Weanling Sweepstakes, AMHR Weanling Sweepstakes.

So ... CAUTION ... in looking at the agenda ... OBVIOUSLY it's a general summary. Just these two examples alone prove that NONE OF US who didn't put that item on the agenda may be able to tell EXACTLY what is meant for discussion.

For example that (K) could be anything ... including some matter related to the international work we're already working on w/ the consultant out of KY. None of us know.

However, what I know is this ... I'm interested enough that I'm actually going to get in my car and drive down to sit through the open meetings.

PS ... The NSPR is specifically a GREAT option for someone who might choose to something like breed AMHR x Welsh. Of course, don't forget ... lots of the old Classic Shetland bloodlines also have a lot of Welsh in them.

I meant to add that earlier--that there is a lot of Welsh in the Classic Shetlands--it shows quite plainly is some of them.

K--Does this mean that instead of telling the people in Europe not to contact a AMHR person to buy a AMHR horse but rather buy a Shetland and we will help you hardship it in.

It just get better and better.
This one has already passed a few years ago and hardshipping of an ASPIR pony into AMHR is included in the rulebook. It is simply the procedure in question how it is going to be done.

Latest posts

Back