ASPC/AMHR People Hall of Fame

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahrobertspony

Reaction score
Deadline to Nominate for ASPC/AMHR People Hall of Fame Extended For 2012

The deadline to nominate candidates for the ASPC/AMHR People Hall of Fame has been extended to May 1 for 2012. Nominations should be given in writing and MUST be made on the new nominating form, including era of nomination. Brief biographical information and details supporting each nomination should be included. A PDF version of the form is available by contacting the ASPC/AMHR office or emailing [email protected]. Forms and supporting info are due May 1 to the Historical Committee care of [email protected]. The Historical Committee will prepare all nomination bios and present them to the members of the national board to be voted on later this summer. Winners will be announced at the 2012 convention in St. Louis, MO, in November.

Thank you for the Information.

A couple of questions:

Can anyone nominate?

What are the criteria/requirements/guidelines?

What if we don't personally know the details of one's bio? Would we ask them for the information?

Thanks!

ETA: maybe the form has all these answers...I didn't look there first.

Last edited:
Good questions.

Anyone can be nominated. A nominee needs to have outstanding qualifications to be best considered, but those qualifications are somewhat up to the eye/opionion of whoever is doing the nomination. The committee will look at all the nominees and, if we have too many, the committee may have to narrow down the voting field for this year. Cuts would most likely be made based on the volume of info & details provided. The committee will put together info for each in a standard format so that the board members can review and consider each in a similar fashion. The board will look at all the candidates' bios/info and vote for who they feel is the MOST qualified of that year's nominees.

Because there has to be some details provided, I guess nominations need to be made by someone or a group of folks who are familiar w/ the reasons or qualities that mean a member should be considered for the People HoF.

An outline of basic guidelines - eras, voting procedure, etc - for the program are in the rulebook. You can find the rulebook online at the ASPC's website. Check that out.

The form outlines some of the info you could provide for consideration. Anyone who wants the form should email me directly per the original post as I don't happen to come to this forum frequently. The deadline is approaching so I want folks to have plenty of time so direct email works most quickly.

Nominations should fall into a specific "era" and again, those are in the rulebook. The form is simply for streamlining the process. Too many nominations just come in that say "I nominate so & so." However, bios have to be put together for the national board to review before they vote. Therefore, the more info and details provided, the more fleshed out the bio can be.

For many years now, we have not followed our own rules on regarding eras, etc. There are many, many individuals who made major contributions over the years - from starting and running programs, to being a long-time officer, to being major breeders, etc - who have never been nominated. I expect there to be many, many nominations this year but the board will only elect a limited number in to the HoF this year. Therefore, the more details you provide, the better.

Again, email directly and I'll be happy to get you the PDF. Then you can let me know if you have any further questions.

Just a reminder ... nominations for the ASPC/AMHR/ASPR People Hall of Fame are due May 1. Nominations should be made on the official nomination form, which you can find on the registry's website: www.shetlandminiature.com

Latest posts

Back