ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Triple A Amateur Advantage Program

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen S

Reaction score
Good Day All,

I wanted to address the few questions that have popped up on the ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Triple A Amateur Program. Hope this will help, if not, and you still have questions please don’t hesitate to drop me an email or give me a call. Thank you.

Local Shows High Point Amateur Awards:

In the show managers packet there are instructions to the managers/secretaries about qualifying their shows. All they have to do is send me a copy of their show premium booklet and I will prepare the necessary paperwork for them to use. You as an amateur, if you enter any of the amateur classes at the show that is offering the High Point Amateur Award you are automatically entered for this award. If the show has both Miniatures & Shetlands there will be a winner overall for the Miniatures and one for the Shetlands. If by chance there are two or more Amateurs that have tied, I will not break the tie. Each Amateur will receive and award with a notation that they tied with so and so.

Choice of Awards:

Polo Shirt, Sweat Shirt, Garment Bag, Grooming Apron, Sport Cooler, Duffel Bag and the Windbreaker.

Congress & AMHR Mini Nationals:

These show works the same way as the local shows with some exceptions:

Congress: We award High Point Amateur awards in the Foundation/Classic, Modern/Modern Pleasure and Show Pony Division. Those High Point Amateurs last year won $100 voucher and a monogrammed large Harness/Halter bag.

AMHR Mini Nationals: We award High Point Amateur Awards in the Mini Halter-Under, Mini Halter-Over, Mini Performance-Under and Mini Performance-Over. Those winners last year also won $100 voucher and a monogrammed large Harness/Halter bag.

ASPC/AMHR/ASPR

Amateur Excellence Program

Janice Bryant Coordinator

423-356-0391 or 423-472-3239

The following is a list of activities that you may participate in with your pony/horse (mandatory that your registered pony/horse is involved) and receive recognition. You must participate in a minimum of three different categories; one must be a local show. All participants must hold a valid ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Amateur Card. The Amateur Excellence form must be properly filled out and signed by either the coordinator, a supervisor, the President of the club, the show manager/secretary (signature can not be the individual program participant). The form can be submitted at any time (when reached an award (s) goal) and multiple forms can be submitted throughout the program or you may hold them and turn it in when you obtain your points down to the jacket and all patches and jacket will be sent at the same time.

Activities and Point Value:

Parades- 5 points per horse, 10 points per driving horse, 10 points per costume

CDE Event- 10 points for each event

Precision Drills-10 points for each competition entered

Exhibition at County Fairs or Breed Showcase events -10 points per horse

Open Shows- (Non Sanctioned) – 5 points per horse

(Enclose a class sheet with added mini or pony classes) – 20 points total bonus

Local Shows- (Not including Area and National Shows) - 3 points

Convalescent Visits- (Nursing Homes,Hospitals,Children’s Homes, etc) –3 points

Club/Group Activities- (Clinics, Trail Rides/Drives, Seminars, Fun Shows, etc.) –5 pts

School Demostrations- 3 points per horse

4-H donated horses and ponies-15 points per horse

TV Broadcast, Newspaper Articles, Billboards, Magazine Articles (excluding breed publications)-10 points per horse

Award Levels and Awards:

50 points ASPC/AMHR T-Shirt

100 points Amateur Duffle Bag

200 points Amateur Garment Bag

300 points Amateur Golf Shirt

400 points Amateur Windbreaker

500 points Amateur Jacket and a Profile in The Journal

The purpose of this program is to promote relationships with others through equine, exhibit versatility of the breed (s), bring happiness to others, and for the amateur to be

rewarded.

ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Amateur Companion Horse Program

Janice Bryant Coordinator

423-356-0391 or 423-472-3239

This program is designed to reward those ponies/horses that have been used in the Amateur Excellence Program. When a pony or horse reaches 70 points, from the activities and values below, it will receive a certificate of achievement.

Activities and Point Value:

Parades- 5 points each parade

CDE Event- 5 points for each event

Precision Drills- 5 points for each competition entered

Exhibition- 3 points each exhibition

Open Shows- (Non Sanctioned) – 1point each show

Local Shows- (Not including Area and National Shows) –3 points

Convalescent Visits- (Clinics, Trail Rides/Drives, Seminars, Fun Shows, etc) –2pts

The purpose of this program is to promote relationships with others through equine, exhibit versatility of the breed (s), bring happiness to others, and for the equine to be rewarded.

End of Year Awards:

In the 2008 Amateur packet (if you have an old packet the reporting forms are still the same) there are reporting forms in which you will keep track of your horses and how they place in halter or performance or both. You can enter as many horses as you like, each stand on their own merit how they place. I do have some that will send me three or more, I even had one that mailed me ten horses totaled. This is where I find out who wins in the Halter and Performance division and who would move on to becoming the Supreme Amateur overall, (1) one for the Miniature Division and (1) for the Shetland Division. If you won a division like Miniature Halter Under, and your points were such that it placed you as the Supreme Amateur, you can’t win the division and the Supreme Amateur to

We move the next person under you as the division winner so that we can spread the winnings to more Amateurs.

Awards:

Division Winners: Large piece of Etched Crystal and $100

Supreme Amateur: Large piece of Etched Crystal, $300, and a monogrammed Jacket

Each year at the end of the year I have seen the numbers of participants increase. I would like to see our numbers go up this year to 200+ (we were at around 122 for 2007). Watch the June Journal on the announcement of all of the winners from 2007 from the Local Shows to the National Shows.

I do see lots of Amateurs proudly wearing their shirts; sweat shirts and the popular windbreakers. I do have a few hats left, which are not on the voucher; so if you would like a hat instead let me know.

I do want to say THANK YOU to all of the show managers/secretaries that do take the time to help support our program and to all of the Amateurs for filling those Amateur classes at all of the shows. Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Karen Shaw

Chairman

ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Triple A Amateur Advantage Program

817-426-0262

Email: [email protected]

Committee Members:

Wm (Bill) Eperthener-Director

Belinda Bagby-Advisor

Janice Bryant-Coordinator for Amateur Excellence/Advantage

Allison Daulton

Sharron Hinkle

Nina O’Bryan

Merry Wicke

Thanks Karen. I never did receive any type of Amateur packet except for the end of the year one you had at Glen Rose.

Thank you, Karen, for your wonderful explanation! I will definitely be tracking all of my activities now. I do have a couple of questions...

1. This tracking is for participation in the amateur classes only, right? Not an amateur participating in an open class?

2. You said: The Amateur Excellence form must be properly filled out and signed by either the coordinator, a supervisor, the President of the club, the show manager/secretary (signature can not be the individual program participant).

So, if I attend a CDE with my horse, I get the show secretary to sign the sheet for my participation?

3. If we participate in outreach activities, does that count toward one of the 3 activities we would need to be recognized for the Amateur Excellence program? I have at times given clicker training demonstrations using my miniatures to 4-H clubs. Would that count under the club/group activities heading? I also gave a clicker training demo using my AMHR-registered horse at the spring clinic sponsored by the NWMHC, which is actually our region's AMHA affiliated club. Would that count for anything?

4. When you say each horse stands alone, are the awards granted on a single horse/person combination? Or do the points aggregate for ALL of the horses a single amateur is exhibiting?

Thank you so much for everything...I am definitely going to start keeping track of all of this stuff!
default_yes.gif

Thank you, Karen, for your wonderful explanation! I will definitely be tracking all of my activities now. I do have a couple of questions...

Hi Amy and Congrats on your win!

1. This tracking is for participation in the amateur classes only, right? Not an amateur participating in an open class? Just Amateur Classes Only

2. You said: The Amateur Excellence form must be properly filled out and signed by either the coordinator, a supervisor, the President of the club, the show manager/secretary (signature can not be the individual program participant).

So, if I attend a CDE with my horse, I get the show secretary to sign the sheet for my participation? Yes

3. If we participate in outreach activities, does that count toward one of the 3 activities we would need to be recognized for the Amateur Excellence program? I have at times given clicker training demonstrations using my miniatures to 4-H clubs. Would that count under the club/group activities heading? I also gave a clicker training demo using my AMHR-registered horse at the spring clinic sponsored by the NWMHC, which is actually our region's AMHA affiliated club. Would that count for anything?
Yes

4. When you say each horse stands alone, are the awards granted on a single horse/person combination? Yes Or do the points aggregate for ALL of the horses a single amateur is exhibiting?
NO

You can enter as many horses as you like, keeping records on each one. You might have one that out performs another like performance over halter, or just one horse that does it all halter and performance. We do not total all horses together.

Thanks.

Karen

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Amanda:

I would put that under the CDE column and give you 10 points for that.

Karen

Where do we get the form.

I think I've requested this twice and still don't have a form.

How do we backtrack shows and events when we didn't have a form ?

I've just kept a list.

BTW, I don't think we have a show secretary at ADT/CDE/HDT

I'll find out next weekend.

Thanks,

Vickie

If anyone needs any forms I will be happy to mail you some. The Amateur packet contains all of the rules of the amateur program with the forms for the Amateur Companion/Excellence Program and the End of the Year forms. If you have an old packet you can use those forms as I have not disturbed those.

Karen

JourneysEnd said:
How do we backtrack shows and events when we didn't have a form ?I've just kept a list.

BTW, I don't think we have a show secretary at ADT/CDE/HDT

I'll find out next weekend.

Thanks,

Vickie
Yes, you do.
default_smile.png
Believe me, those shows could not run without a secretary!
default_new_shocked.gif
I imagine any official signature would be acceptable for those events as long as it was part of show management and could verify you were there. Right, Karen? I personally would have the event organizer, Maureen Harkcom, sign my papers. She'd know better than the secretary since she's the one out there watching us compete. The secretary is the one going nuts in the office calculating scores.

I too would like to know if there's any way to go back and count events from the previous year as long as we were members with amateur cards at the time. I can prove I was there and get the correct signatures....

What about those articles you mentioned? Do we just send in a photocopy of the page in lieu of a signature?

Leia

Good Morning Leia,

Yes, I would approve of a one year back date (2007) for anything done under the Amateur Excellence/Companion program as long as you have the proof (entry forms, signatures, cancelled checks etc) it proves you were entered and there. This program is on going. Some people collect their points until they hit their 500 points for their Amateur Jacket and collect all of the prizes at once. Some will send their paperwork along the way a little at a time.

This program was set up for those Amateurs that don't show in the show ring for what ever reason but allowed them the opportunity to win some of the prizes that those that do show can win. This program is beginning to pick up speed and Janice Bryant my coordinator for the program reports to me at least every other day letting me know that she is obtaining several packets each week. She is so excited that it's getting off the ground and in the recent April/May Journal on page 185 is our first article on the Amateur Excellence/Companion spotlight Amateur on Audrey C. Neely.

Thanks.

Karen

HI

Does the Convalescent Visits- (Nursing Homes,Hospitals,Children’s Homes, etc) need to be off site or can they take place on our farm- we have a few daycares and special needs groups that come and visit - would that qualify?

Thank You

Tiffany

Hi Tiffany,

Yes, as long as you make a notation as to which nursing home came out and how many patients came to visit.

Karen

Latest posts

Back