ashley's office visit

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
ashley went to work with me yesterday so i could run her to the vet's office to weigh her, 127# of pure love.
default_wub.png

virtually everyone who walked by the bay window stopped in to give her a scratch behind the ears. she ate it up! one of the ladies from the newspaper office next door interviewed her and took some pictures. she wants to do a little article in the weekly paper about ashley coming from rescue. she's gonna be a star! well, she already IS a star in my book!
default_smile.png

i tried to get some action shots but she was moving so fast, this is the best i could do...

officeashley2.jpg

officeashley3.jpg

officeashley4.jpg

i got tired just watching her!!
default_new_shocked.gif

after work, we went out to play. she was very tentative at first, i don't think she's used to so much freedom and room to run. she velcroed herself to me until she saw maggie and simon out running in the field and then she was off like a shot. she is so graceful and it's fun to watch her run. didn't have my camera with me...duh!...but this is the aftermath...

simonashleyaww2.jpg

she is so patient with simon and sleeps right through her face washing...

SilickingAshleysear.jpg

if there was ever any doubt that she would fit in to the pack, yesterday was proof that this was a match made in heaven! all 3 dogs played so hard, they were begging me to go to bed last night.
default_wub.png

I can see why you love her
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

She is one dog I would love to lay some BIG hugs on
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

With that pintaloosa patern going on, I wonder if she's any kin to Orion Light
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

LOL jill! out of the 30+ people who stopped to see her yesterday, at least half of them said "you forgot to bring her saddle!"
default_new_shocked.gif

she is SUCH a love bug. whenever i sit down, she sidles up to me for a butt scratch and more often than not, ends up sitting in my lap. i am following the lead of her previous owners and her foster mom and discouraging her from getting on the furniture although she hasn't even tried to climb up on the couch. however, she does like to plop her butt there!

Ashleyoncouch-1.jpg

i simply can't resist letting her!
default_wub.png

What great pics!

Looks like she fits in perfectly. That is one content happy dog!

What a special person you are for taking her in and giving her a great life.
default_aktion033.gif

I'm so glad the lollipop kids accepted her! I gotta think it probably helps that she's so huge, she's not right in Maggie's face
default_smile.png
!

Can you see him smiling? Hear him chuckle at your delight? Surely she was meant to bring you the sunshine he wants you to have. Bless you all, those pics made me all misty.

She's such a beautiful dog! She looks so happy and huggable.
default_wub.png

She is so cute!! You are so lucky to have ach other!! One thing I rememer when I was growing up with our danes is that they tended to need a well cushioned bed when they got older and arthritis started to bother them!! Ours did not get on the furniture either but my parents did get them orthapedic beds in their elder years and they definatelyappreciated it!! Enjoy her, i'm sure she is loving you and her new family!!
default_smile.png

Oh Charlene, She is one special Dane especially with that big heart on her butt.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
This was just meant to be, the pictures tell the story of how contented she is in her new home. Bless her and her lttle cotton socks
default_smile.png

Yvonne

denise, ashley's former owners had to be wonderful people because she is such a sweet dog. divorce prevented them from keeping her and i know from the rescue people they were very sad to have to give her up but steve said he would let them know how much she is loved here with me.
default_smile.png

yep RM, maggie accepted this change very quickly. i think she is conspiring with ashley to make sure i don't oversleep...ashley has been barking right along with maggie at the most inopportune times...like 2 minutes before the alarm goes off!

sage, your post brought happy tears to my eyes. yes, i see him smiling and yes, i sure hear him chuckling. there is no doubt in my mind who made this possible. ;)

h2, i was planning on shopping for a big cushy bed today but my son called me this morning to tell me he found his old futon mattress he is no longer using so he is bringing it out to me this week. i'll see how she does with it. if it's too cushy and she has a time getting in and out of it, i'll look into a regular ortho bed for her.

yvonne, ashley is really coming out of her shell. she is playing more with the lollipop kids and she is even joining in the traditional barkfest at horse feeding time. and she no longer holds back when the door is opened to go outside. she's off in a flash, and ummm, welllll, she knows as soon as the tack shed door opens, she'll get a marshmallow. :eek:

Can you see him smiling? Hear him chuckle at your delight? Surely she was meant to bring you the sunshine he wants you to have. Bless you all, those pics made me all misty.

Sage you must have been reading my mind as I was thinking along the same line.

I am so happy to hear the happiness in your post Charlene. You deserve it!

She looks so happy...and blissfully tired after all that romping. It's very heartwarming to see the love that you already have for her.

I have two HUGE Comfort beds I got for Lakota at Pet Smart. They have sheep skin on them but I still put a throw over them. One's right next to my bed and one is in the livingroom. They are very sturdy and since she is all muscle weighing in at 135 lbs. she needs support for when she lays down and sleeps. In my house you will also see pillows and such on the furniture to dissuade her from climbing up onto them...but like Ashley...that does'nt stop her from putting her big hiney on the couch and sitting like a person either. These giants HAVE to be related!! lol....

Last edited by a moderator:
What a love!
default_wub.png
I think it's splendid how well they are all getting along. I think I'm going to send my corgis over for some lessons on manners!
default_wink.png

sterling, my son is bringing a spare futon mattress to me on thursday. i'll see how it works for ashley but i will also look into the ones you are talking about. thanks for the suggestion.

send your corgis to me MM! the more the merrier, never can have too many lollipop kids.
default_wub.png

ashley is definitely home. she is lovin' farm life, i couldn't have asked for a better dog. we just came in from another romp, she is chasing basketballs and sneaking up to bump me in the behind and then running off so i'll give chase. she's VERY active outside but inside is content to plop over on her side and snooze.

every time i look at her, i thank gary for this gift. he always knew exactly what i wanted and even now, he is delivering! i love him so much!!!

She's beautiful Charlene! Congrats on adding a new family member to the gang. What do the minis think of her, she's probably close to their size!
default_laugh.png

LOL geri, she is VERY close to their size. they, especially rebel, are fascinated with her. he comes over to the fence and they sniff noses almost every time we are outside. i'll try to get them to stand still long enough for a side-by-side pic soon.

can't remember if i mentioned this...when i brought ashley to work with me on monday, the newspaper girl from next door saw her and wanted to do a story. it is in today's edition and they did a very nice job. i'm sending it to a friend to have it scanned and will post it when i can. no access to a scanner here.

i was planning on following ashley's former owner's and the foster mom's lead and not allow her on the furniture but i came home from work yesterday (her first day home alone with the corgis) and, wellll, ummmmm...shhhhh...oh what the heck, how could i say no??

Ashleyonthecouch.jpg

Furniture is for pets...after all it has FUR right at the beginning of it
default_laugh.png

Great to hear how well she's fitting it.

In about 3 weeks you'll more than likely see the dog she really is.

Which is hopefully just all the better.

rachel, i don't know how she could possibly BE any better. she has really come out of her shell the last day or so and she is VERY playful.

the article is in the mail to you, you should get it in a few days. ;)

Latest posts

Back