Ashland Area 2 National Show results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we made the LOOOOOONNNNNNGGG trip down from Maine and had a great time. We all did pretty well. My ASPC/AMHR stallion got a 3rd out of 6 in his open CP class over and then somehow dropped to 5th in the stakes (not really sure what happend there as he had a better round but whatever). considering this was his first show with more than one other horse in it and he acted like he'd been doing it forever not to mention he's thin and needs a few pounds. i was very happy with how he did.

My Under CP horse i THINK got 3rd in his class so did well

My grey stallion got 1st in Western CP under (open) and then second in the stake

Jens little bay pinto i showed in Open Pleasure driving under...he came in last but considering he's been driven probably less than 2 weeks he was extremely consistent and happy to be going around. Did everything I asked with no problem or confusion and never batted an eye at the other horses passing him in the ring (first time in the ring all together for this lil guy.... this boy also was not the easiest boy to start.. would explode into kicking nd bucking fits ect..so he's come a long ways in a very short time). He really isn't a pleasure horse but I ran out of classes to put horses in so it was more a "get him in the ring used to classes and qualify him" kind of class.

Tracy's palimino that I showed in Western CP over got 2nd out of 2. First class I ended up having to take him in dripping wet. My class was called as I was bathing him.. LOL OPSIE... Earnie was a doll and came and helped me get him ready and over to the ring fast so I wouldn't miss my class.

We only knew a few people at the show to begin with but met several. our stall neighbors were fun and we stayed up till 1:30 saturday night talking. Wish we had had more time to socialize and meet people!!

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a wonderful time and it was nice seeing everyone there as well. GREAT JOB to the show staff and Bob Franks, Ernie, and Jane Hayes for a job well done. That is our favorite show to attend and like the facilities. We had a great show with our shetlands and miniatures and looking forward in seeing everyone at the Ohio World Championship Show in July. Thanks to Kay for getting some photo's as well, which I need to get on the computer as well.

Buckeye WCF Classical Story

Classic 2 Year old Gelding - First Place

Champion Jr. Classic Gelding

Grand Champion Classic Gelding

Area Futurity Champion Classic Gelding

Classic Amateur Gelding Incentive - Second Place

2008AshlandStoryWEB.jpg

Pondering Oaks Apache Rose

Classic Yearling Mare - Second Place

Reserve Champion Jr. Classic Mare

Classic Mare Amateur Owned & Shown - First Place

Area Futurity Yearling Mare - First Place

2008AshlandRosieWEB.jpg

Coventry Lane's Hollywood Diva

Yearling Mare, 32" and Under - First Place

Reserve Champion Jr. Mare - Under

Multi-Colored Mare - Under First Place

2008AshlandDivaWEB.jpg

"Thanks" Kay for posting and sharing your pictures of the two ponies of ours, it sure was tough getting some good pictures at the show at times with the weather conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey i see my back in a couple of the pics.
default_smile.png
My B stud was a dork. Didn't want to stand or put one of his back feet down. Oh well. His brains still haven't gone all the way up into his head yet. He did get a 2nd in colour. My B mare showed well but didn't place, which I expected since I pulled her out of the pasture a week ago and it was a large (13?) class. She did get a 6th in colour. I was super proud of my little pinto stud that Hillary drove. He didn't have a meltdown at all, even when we were working him outside the ring or when in the warmup ring and a horse went trotting by with chains on (always freaked out my big horses). YAY! At one point they had a time out in the stakes class and my heart came up into my throat thinking he'd had a meltdown and was standing on the judge or something, but it ended up only being someone with a check that had come off. Whew!

I saw Desiree (you were in colour with me..took me a while to figure that out), Leeana and a few others. I was a little slow with the lack of sleep and driving we had to do so we didn't talk to a ton of new people but recognised some from pictures and names.

Every time we said we were from Maine people looked at us like we were crazy to drive that far. Well...YEAH!
default_biggrin.png

Here is rosie owned by Pam and Scott. It was so hot and humid the pic came out hazy. Shes a beautiful filly!

rosie2-445x327.jpg

And here is story who kicked butt!!

story3-433x371.jpg

Cant wait to see everyone at the world show!!

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
We were there too, very nice facility and show, I'm planning to go next year too
default_biggrin.png
Met Leanna, Sheryl from the forum, wish I had known there were other members there, maybe I'll have to get one of those buttons showing I am a forum member :DOH! I only took Jazz and he did very well.

Cross Country All That Jazz

2nd Model Gelding Under

2nd Solid Colour Stallion/Gelding Under

2nd Golden Age Jumper Under

3rd Amateur Hunter Over Fences Under

5th Amateur Gelding Halter Under

Met lots of other nice people too, spent time talking to both Leanna and Sheryl, they are both very nice and have gorgeous horses. I'll let Desiree tell you about her results, come on Des post, enquiring minds want to know how you did
default_biggrin.png

Yvonne

Good for you, Yvonne!!!! I'm so glad you were able to get to this show. I just wish we could have been there to see it. I know the competition there was tough, and Jazz is still "the star and the champ" that he always was. Give him an extra special hug from Alexis and me.

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
We were there too, very nice facility and show, I'm planning to go next year too
default_biggrin.png
Met Leanna, Sheryl from the forum, wish I had known there were other members there, maybe I'll have to get one of those buttons showing I am a forum member :DOH! I only took Jazz and he did very well.

Cross Country All That Jazz

2nd Model Gelding Under

2nd Solid Colour Stallion/Gelding Under

2nd Golden Age Jumper Under

3rd Amateur Hunter Over Fences Under

5th Amateur Gelding Halter Under

Met lots of other nice people too, spent time talking to both Leanna and Sheryl, they are both very nice and have gorgeous horses. I'll let Desiree tell you about her results, come on Des post, enquiring minds want to know how you did
default_biggrin.png

Yvonne

Latest posts

Back