Ashland Area 2 National Show results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaykay

Reaction score
Im so tired I hope I get this right.
default_wacko.png
The turnout at our area 2 show was awesome!! There were approx 206 horses entered and the mini classes were huge. I got to meet desiree from the forum and that was so fun. Just wish we had had more time to talk. Desiree did great but Ill let her tell you. Got to meet lots of new folks from Canada which was so fun. Also saw Amy and her horses who looked fantastic. The usual were there too making the show fun like Getitia, Amber montgomery, Quay and Laverne, Leanna, Sheryl, scott and pam, Walt etc etc

Jet and Kyle got jr reserve champion in open and won a big youth class!! Jet and I had an off day
default_wacko.png
For the first time ever he refused to trot in ammy incentive so we got 4th. But every pony has an off class and it just happened to be mine LOL. I think Jet and I got 2nd in ammy owned and shown.

Promise and Kyle were awesome and won a huge youth class. Almost made me cry
default_smile.png
Kyle and promise got 3rd in a big open yearling over class with beautiful horses. They got 2nd in a big solid color class. Promise and I got 2nd in ammy over mare in another big class of beautiful horses

Pics from last weeks show of promise

promiseammy-351x286.jpg

I was so proud of Tease as she behaved so well. Tease and I got 2nd in the big yearling over class. (with promise getting 3rd so cool to see my girls get 2nd and 3rd with my son showing against me) Tease won the big multi color class which was icing on the cake
default_biggrin.png

Tease last weeks show (waiting for my friend to email me pics from ashland)

teaserecrop2-317x275.jpg

A big thanks to everyone who congratulated us and made nice comments on the girls.
default_biggrin.png
It means so much to me as Kyle and I work so hard to try and condition and train them ourselves.

I have more pics but Ill wait until the owners tell me I can post them. (scott and pam and marcie silver)

Frans baby girl who looked stunning shown by Arlene Foulk in open and Fran in ammy and I think futurity? Ill let fran give results

babygirl-417x375.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashland is always my faverite show of the season. We had a pretty good, i am really proud of each and every one of the horses we took this weekend,

Flyte "Westwind BTU Crown Prince Flyte" was Champion Yearling Stallion Under. Debut "Alpha Farms Magical Debut" brought home Champion Model Classic Gelding, Champion 3yr old Classic Gelding Over, Jr Champion and Grand Champion (or was that reserve??). Royal "Royal Salsa" was Champion Foundation Model Gelding, Champion 3yr old Foundation Gelding, Sr Champion and Reserve Grand Champion. Kitty did okay too. She just needs to mature mentally and physically some more. She took Champion Yearling Classic Filly Over, Reserve Jr Champion.

I got to meet Twister which was really fun, she is way to nice and i did see Desiree show liberty and roadster. Met Walt and had a great time with Sheryl (hey roomie
default_saludando.gif
) who is way to much fun
default_yes.gif

It was a great show, i was really happy friday to win my first rated championship , then sunday as well
default_wub.png

Congrats leeanna!! your horses looked great and you did an awesome job

Ashland is always my faverite show of the season. We had a pretty good, i am really proud of each and every one of the horses we took this weekend,

Flyte "Westwind BTU Crown Prince Flyte" was Champion Yearling Stallion Under. Debut "Alpha Farms Magical Debut" brought home Champion Model Classic Gelding, Champion 3yr old Classic Gelding Over, Jr Champion and Grand Champion (or was that reserve??). Royal "Royal Salsa" was Champion Foundation Model Gelding, Champion 3yr old Foundation Gelding, Sr Champion and Reserve Grand Champion. Kitty did okay too. She just needs to mature mentally and physically some more. She took Champion Yearling Classic Filly Over, Reserve Jr Champion.

I got to meet Twister which was really fun, she is way to nice and i did see Desiree show liberty and roadster. Met Walt and had a great time with Sheryl (hey roomie
default_saludando.gif
) who is way to much fun
default_yes.gif

It was a great show, i was really happy friday to win my first rated championship , then sunday as well
default_wub.png
would love to see pictures & [SIZE=14pt]CONGRATULATIONS[/SIZE]
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

OMG! This was such a fun filled weekend! I totally enjoyed myself. It was great to see everyone and even meet a few new people. I love the Ashland show so much!
default_wub.png
I already can't wait for next year. I love it when there is competition and this place had multitudes of competition and gorgeous horses.

Baby girl looked fantastic. Thank you Arlene for getting 1st and Grand with her and having her looking so great. I got a respectful second place with Baby to Ms Ponder's home bred in Ammy owned and shown. And futurity she was first out of one.

JR got 1st in open stallion over and a reserve grand with Arlene showing him. He looked fantastic! You know what though? I can not for the life of me ever get a good picture of this stallion! He is gorgeous if I say so myself!

fran im hoping i got some good pics on heathers camera but she hasnt sent them yet. he is gorgeous!

Here are a few pictures, had a hard time getting good one in the Arena?

Marcie.jpg

Marcie and her Classic Yearling Stallion

Sheryl1.jpg

Sheryl and one of her Gelding's

JoeDeb1.jpg

Joe, Amelia & John Murray's Grandson, practicing with Filipowicz That's High Society weanling Filly only 2 1/2 months old. Joe did an OUTSTANDING job with her. Don't remember all the placing, but do remember she took a First in Color Way to go Joe.

JoeFinny.jpg

Here's Joe again with Filipowicz Grand Finale, he showed in Halter, driving and Roadster. I think he out did Gramps this weekend!

LeeAnn.jpg

Here's LeeAnn and one of her horses, I heard her name a lot.

ArleneEZ1.jpg

Her is Arlene with Filipowicz EZ As Pie Foulks He took a First, Junior Reserve and a Reserve Grand.

SherylErnie1Small.jpg

Sheryl with one of Ernie's horses.

JohnET1Small.jpg

John Murray with his favorite horse Filipowicz Entertaining The Foulks.

I got a 3rd in Yearling Mares 32 under. I didn't get a picture (couldn't take the camera in there). Was supposed to go into Wet Mare but she didn't want to cooperate so had to scratch that one. Had a great time

Thanks for the photos Walt, those are great
default_smile.png
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Walt,

Your horses looked great and did very good, you should be proud of your program
default_smile.png

Those are great pictures Walt! It was nice to see you again. Your horses looked marvelous!

default_biggrin.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks for the pictures Walt--when I get my camera down loaded I think I have some nice ones of you in the ring -- I will send to you -- then you can post them too.

Our Filipowicz horses did SO well this week-end that one lady asked me if I was Mrs. Filipowicz -- what a hoot !!!

We ahd an awesome show-- 25 ribbons & a Champions hip in Senor stallion (with John's favorite horse LOL)

AND I drove both ET & FINNY -- got a 3rd with ET & got a 2nd with Finny -- I was some happy.

It was a wonderful show-- thanks to everyone that made it such a wonderful show-- your hard work is appreciated.

This show is my husband Walts Favorite. Thanks for the kind comments . The quality of horses at Ashland are amazing. Thanks to the Franks for putting on a wonderful show.

I have to say this show was pretty nice. This was the first time I was there and there was sooo many great looking horses there. Great job to everyone that showed. Been trying to figure out who all I seen there but all I can really remember are the horses. LOL My nieces and I had a great time and it was a wonderful experiance. My mare Bahama got 2nd in Model mare 2 yrs and older under and 4th in AMHR 3yrs and older 32-34". And my other mare Lilly got 6th in AHMR 2yr old mare 33 & under.

Alisha

Walt, those pictures are great!!! Leeana and Sheryl -- your horses look AWESOME!!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

It was a good time to say the least. I got to see LOTS of people that I haven't seen since I moved down here - Arlene, Walt, Francine, Cindy, Maggie & Paul, Ernie & Jane. The Taylors from Birch Tree Farm were there, I've meet Mr. Taylor before and got to meet Mrs. Taylor at the show. Finally met the Murray's from Canada. Actually it was a Canadian invasion, eh? Meet Twister (Evon-hope I spelled your name right - if not I apologize), Lori, another lady who's forum name is RallyZ, let's see Steph was there with her awesome B/W Stallion and her cute little Moose. Back to the states, lets see...meet Leeana there at the show. She is a very nice person. Oh, I got to meet Tom Graham (Graham Pony Farm) I could talk to him all day, he knows his bloodlines in and out! I know I'm forgetting people.
default_wacko.png

Anyway, other than last falls Darke Co. Fair in Greenville, OH, I haven't shown in 3 years. And this show was BIG, I believe the final count was 218 horses and right around 1,000 entries. I don't remember all my placings off the top of my head. But I'll do my best.........

Erica'a Caramel Macchiato. Caramel had BIG classes - I believe her open/size class there were 9. She took 3rd. Getitia took 1st and I believe the McCarthy's took 2nd. I was very pleased with all 30" of Caramel against 2 horses that were much bigger than her.

In the Ammy 34" and under class there were 14 or 15 and we took 5th. I know Getitia went 1st and McCarthy's went 2nd again but I didn't catch who took 3rd & 4th.

Dream Weaver - took 2nd in his open/size class. Went back in for the Sr. Championship and he decided he wasn't going to trot anymore. Locked them up from there on out. So, we need to work on "we keep trotting until mom says I don't have to anymore".
default_yes.gif
Kids!

I also showed him in Western Co. Pleasure driving. He had not been driven in 2 1/2 months. lol And this weekend was the first time I've ever driven him. I was very happy with him and think Ernie did a wonderful job training DW. DW & I just need to put the miles on and become a team. Now, for those of you who remember my Jackpot - he had a big stride on him (I think anyway) and you knew when he was pleasure trotting, extending the trot, and when he hit 5th gear. Now little DW doesn't travel any where as big as Jackpot and I had a heck of a time telling which gear we where in. I told / asked a couple of people Am I moving? lol By our second class I was able to differienate his gears better and like I said earlier, just going to take time / miles for us to become a team. OH funny story...Saturday evening I was driving DW in the ring, wanted to get him in there so he could become familiar with it, we're cruising around and in walks in one of those fire breathing dragon modern ponies, chains on and all. Well, DW was like OMG and off we went, I believe at a canter....lol...speed wise not even close to Jackpot's extended trot...so here we go about 3/4 of the length of the long wall, me saying "woah" "woah". Poor little guy finally stops, I get out and we just stood there watching all the ponies going around.

Irish Hills Toys In The Attic - Toy had a good size open / size class, I think there were 6, not what I would call a big class but a good size one anyway. He took 3rd. Don't remember how big the ammy & ammy incentive classes were but we were in there too. He really isn't into halter, its very hard to keep his attention but he has no choice at this time.
default_biggrin.png
Toy is my ADD boy, he gets into everything here at home, always good for a laugh and I don't think hanging out at a horse show with "nothing to do" works for him. I may try and bring something for him to play with in his stall next time. Though he did manage to get his feed bucket off its hanger - those bucket hangers with the snap. Ernie & I were at the stalls talking and we start hearing someone banging on the bottom of a bucket, it was Toy. lol Ernie asked, How did he get that off there? I shrugged and said you should see what he gets into at home.
default_biggrin.png
Anyway, next year he'll be out driving and he can give up halter.

Hites LW My O My - My classic shetland, well actually she is really a foundation pony and once her papers come back with the foundation seal on them, she'll be shown that way from here on out. This was MY first time showing a shetland (in shetland classes). Amber whopped my butt, lol. But it was fun and I learned that I have a lot more to learn. Mia came home with a Reserve Champion Senior Mare title. This was the first time I meet Mia and as far as I'm concerned she is worth her weight in gold.
default_wub.png
Very easy going girl, nothing seemed to phase her not even when I was clipping her ears in the isle way. Just stood there like a rock.

I showed Ernie's 2 year old over miniature stallion - Graham's Power Train - Ernie was taking the weekend off due to Dr.'s orders. I really like Power Train, he is such a MONKEY. I was walking him around Friday evening thinking I need to get to know him. He was bouncing this way, that way, bucking, etc, total monkey.
default_wub.png
We did pretty good in the ring even with all his continued bouncing, bucking, leaping. lol

Congrats on a good show everyone! Sheryl I am glad to hear that your guys did well!
default_biggrin.png
Sounds like you all had a great time.....

Jill, don't you think Baby looked good also?? LOL

It was our first trip down to Ashland too and what a great time we had! The fairgrounds are beautiful, you couldn't ask for a nicer venue! The people were great too! I met a few people I only knew from this forum, re-met a few people I have come to know over the years and made some new friends. The Franks put on a wonderful smoothly run show and they fed us good too
default_biggrin.png

I did a bunch of shopping at the vendors there and got some really nice photos done by the show photographer outside in front of one of the gardens. Our horses did really well taking ribbons in most of their classes as did Desiree's and Yvonne's. They came down with us and we all camped out together under a huge old oak tree. Despite the sporadic rain we had a really good time!

I showed Rebecca's bay pinto stallion, Treherne's Samurai Warrior, to a 3rd in Model, 4th in halter and 3rd in colour. He is such a sweet and spunky little guy!

My GT daughter, Dream (Jem Dusky's Dream) drove in her first AMHR show taking a first in Ladies Country and a 3rd in the Country Stake - that just made my weekend!
default_biggrin.png
We took a disappointing 6th in Open Country but it wasn't her fault. We were sharing a cart with Desi and with the way our classes ran I didn't get to warm up Dream beforehand, just drove straight from the barn to the arena - not so good with a green horse
default_no.gif
She also took 3rd in Liberty Friday night looking just gorgeous if I do say so myself
default_biggrin.png
Dale showed her to a 4th in halter as well.

Overall a fantastic weekend! Kudos to the Ashland gang for putting on a really great show! We will come back!

I just spoke with Ernie (Lambdin) a bit ago...

Area 2 AMHR / ASPC Regional show stats:

218 horses

Close to 1,000 entries

People came from TEN (10) different States and from Canada as well.

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back