As requested chinese crested puppy pix

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairicane

Reaction score
These are the rest of the pups from the ones I had born about 8 weeks or so ago. I had posted pix of a few last week I think it was. All are hairless boys except the little powderpuff female who is very cute too.

bloomtechFesitfootupcute2106.jpg

bloomtechMblksitside2106.jpg

bloomtechMwhitesniftoyCUTE2106.jpg

I am kind of in shock as one of our crested girls Leah just had 7 pups!!! Thats a lot for a toy dog and usually they dont all make it. I was surprised most are pretty good sized and strong. As Leah was having them a different new momma that had her 1st litter of 1 whole puppy was just going nuts hearing the new pups crying as they were being born. Once I saw how many there were I gave 2 of Leahs pups to the other new mom and she was thrilled and very pleased to not have to go through labor again, lol. So Leah has 5 and the other mom has 3 pups and everyone seems happy. Guess Im going to be busy for a while!!

Yep. I have definitely got to get one of those...
default_wub.png
:

Congratulations!

AWWWWWWWWWWW....I have always wanted oneathem cuties. Maybe someday. Adorable babies!

So cute! Why are their ears taped up? Just curious.

I love that powderpuff.

OOooOOooh! That little PowderPuff Female is just too cute for words!!!!
default_wub.png
:

Nancy
default_smile.png

[SIZE=14pt]Beautiful babies!!! Was the litter of 1 crested or doxie or...... Mixed up litters are fun to watch together![/SIZE]

Lyn

We tape the ears to try to get them to stand. They are not cropped or anything. But we do shave the ears to get the weight of the hair off them and hope we can "train" the ears to stand.

Lyn - It was a 1st time crested mom that had her 1st litter of 1 whole pup. Thats all there were, we didnt lose any, and she had enough milk to feed a LOT of pups and is being such a good momma. So it really worked out great when the other crested mom had 7. ITs wonderful that the dogs seem to take in other dogs pups much easier than it goes with horses.

So, I have a question -- know nothing about this breed & have seen some, not a lot --

Are you saying that some come "with" and some "without" hair? :bgrin I mean, I just assumed all were hairless with the boots, manes & tails being haired.
default_wacko.png
: Will the powderpuff one always keep her hair? Can she have hairless in her litters?

OK...it was more than ONE question
default_wub.png
:

So, I have a question -- know nothing about this breed & have seen some, not a lot --

Are you saying that some come "with" and some "without" hair? :bgrin I mean, I just assumed all were hairless with the boots, manes & tails being haired.
default_wacko.png
: Will the powderpuff one always keep her hair? Can she have hairless in her litters?

OK...it was more than ONE question
default_wub.png
:
There are 2 types within the breed the hairless and powderpuff with the puffs being born fully coated and staying that way. But the hairless are not so easy they can be true hairless and will have some hair on head,tail and hopefully feet. But there all amounts of hairless from very little hair at all to almost fully coated and those are the kind u see in shows mostly. The excess hair is just shaved off and all the thick mane and leg boots are left on making them look very exotic. I love all types! If u breed hl to hl or hl to puff u will get both types but if u breed puff to puff u will only get puff. The puffs are extremely important to the breed as breeding hl to hl too much can give u lethal, homozygous hairless pups that will be born dead or dies soon after birth. Sort of the same thing as breeding 2 LWO horses but only occasionally lethal and could only lose 1 pup out of a whole litter. So really not nearly so devastating as if you had the only foal for the year from a mare and having it born to be a lethal white. Well thats probably more info than wanted, LOL.

:lol: No, not more than I wanted. Always like to get a little "quick overview" of some of the peculiar things about a breed. They are interesting animals. Very much like short/long haired varieties of other breeds -- respective to the hair issue, that is. THANKS!

Latest posts

Back