Arrr Alright I have had enough of death dreams!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
Seriously. I swear about 90% of my dreams are of somebody dieing or myself dieing.

I had been doing good hadnt had any since Aug.

Now last night about 15 mins in to my sleep one started in. IT started with me driving and when I hit the edge of the road I jumped in my sleep. After that I started heading down a big drop that was all trees and lots of them. The whole time I tried wakeing myself up, but couldnt get myself to, until finally right before I was about to hit a huge tree head on.

I dont like that I cant wake myself up as good as I normally do. If I dont like the dream or it scares me to bad then I wake up.

Took me awhile to go back to sleep after that one.

That's too scarry Ash.

I think that maybe you must be way way way over tired and then fall into such a deep sleep.

If you take anything before bedtime like tylenol, that's when I usually will get the bad dreams too so I quit doing that.

Maybe you should try to get to bed eariler so you can rest easier. It seems that maybe you are just stressed or wound up when you go to bed. Try to relax first with a nice hot cup of tea and unwind a bit first with some soft music and see if that helps.

I know after watching monster movies I don't dare go to bed without watching a funny sitcom first to help get it off my mind.

I dont have any problems sleeping, so there for I dont take anything before I go to bed.

On this shift I normally go to bed between 9-10 and am up at 5 on work days. Sleep in till around 8 on weekends.

They happen on all shifts.

Ashley maybe this will help.........

Death dreams are not about actual death ........if you are having alot of them I am going to assume you are in the middle of making big changes in your life......or you are thinking of making changes.....job....living situation...new relationship......etc......

I find reminding myself that the death in the dream is just the end to something old and the possibility of something new and maybe unknown keeps me from experiencing fear........

I had a doozy of a dream before we moved to Idaho and it was essentially the same thing night after night for weeks....kept being killed the final dream was a real shocker and yet I wasn't afraid so let it play out.......the dreaming mind is an interesting thing
wink.gif

I rarely have nightmares but when I do, it's usually because I've been taking melatonin before I go to bed. That is good you are not taking anything.

Not sure if this would help, but before I go to bed, I usually go to sleep thinking of / making a list of all the things I am thankful for. It's really kind of like a prayer but then that way I fall asleep thinking of good things.

Well im just happy it isnt another dream I have often enough(Sanny if you read this, its the one I beleive I told you).

I would gladly take back the dream about my gelding haveing me a black overo filly................
yes.gif

OK just to give you a good laugh.......dreams while pregnant are the worst
rolleyes.gif
with my second son I once dreamt I gave birth to a litter of puppies and kittens
new_shocked.gif
...woke up screaming......

Ashley said:
Well im just happy it isnt another dream I have often enough(Sanny if you read this, its the one I beleive I told you).
I would gladly take back the dream about my gelding haveing me a black overo filly................
yes.gif

472784[/snapback]

Now that is what I'd call and ALL AROUND gelding!!!!

I had a dream a couple of months ago that I was talking to Destiny like a real conversation, and he was laying down the law about what I was to provide for him and how he was to be kept!

I've also had a dream that Winston had this litter of puppies, but they were really tiny like the size of snails and I had to watch them or they could get lost in the grass.

So have I been in the recent dreams?

wink.gif

(closest I can come to a "spooky" face here)

For the less informed.....I was (at least once) featured (prominantly) in Ashley's dreams after we were up late at a show talking about everything from horses to the meaning of life.

Even if they don't feel very good when they happen, I did look up several meanings for you and take heart in that for the most part the actual dreams of death and dying are usually symbols of something closer to life changes and choosing different paths and new beginning sort of things. Remember when I had the crazy dreams just before my sister, my dog and one of our horses died all within a week or so? Those dreams had crazy stuff like EGGS, FLUFFY WHITE KITTENS, etc. the sort of thing you wouldn't think meant death and dying and when I looked them up all these crazy every day non-scarey things actually were all related to death and dying. The dog died first and I thought OK that is it.....then our old pony died and I thought it can't get worse....and then the next week my sister had the stroke and died.

I need to be buy you a couple of the dream books I have they would interest you and might help keep things in perspective.

Nope you havent, unless that was you driving the car last night????
unsure.gif
. I havent had to many dreams lately.

THe only thing that is different now then in the past is im trying to figure out how to swing my work schedual to go to school as well.

runamuk said:
OK just to give you a good laugh.......dreams while pregnant are the worst
rolleyes.gif
  with my second son I once dreamt I gave birth to a litter of puppies and kittens
new_shocked.gif
  ...woke up screaming......
472787[/snapback]

My sister in law is pregnant right now, and keeps having dreams she is having twins, and my sister jsut had a baby, and she would allways dream that the baby punched through her stomach!!

CRAZY, I hate dreams, especially when there scary, or you get really excited for something, then you wake up, to find it is not true!

I have had the same dream 3 times, and I havent told ANYONE, so maybe it will cometure, and it will be my ''DREAM'' come true!!!

-Gage-

All right Sanny, what does it mean when Zodiak is havieng a black overo filly????? He looks preggers..........I hope he holds out a bit longer as right now I cant have another horse.

I dont mind good dreams. However I normally dont have them. THey would be so bad if I didnt already battle anxiety and panic attacks, the dreams just make them worse.

Wow you guys, I thought my dreams were weird
most of my dreams would send a person to the looney bin
wink.gif

I have had the same dream 3 times, and I havent told ANYONE, so maybe it will cometure, and it will be my ''DREAM'' come true!!!
Ahh good old repeating dreams I have had so many during my life and most were not something one would want to come true
wacko.gif
had one nightmare over and over throughout my childhood now it isn't a nightmare because I am older but if I think of it before falling asleep it will play just like a movie........

new_shocked.gif
A lot of people right now are having bad dreams because of so much watching the storm results . They are telling everyone [at least here locally] it is like post tramatic stress syndrome.

Ashley, your not pregnant are you??
biggrin.gif
Sorry couldn't resist asking!! My doctor told me that having dreams of dying are really common when your pregnant, I had horrible ones!!

[SIZE=21pt]HECK NO!!! NEVER IN THIS LIFE TIME![/SIZE]

Dont even say such a bad thing Jo!
biggrin.gif
I would be a terrible mother.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

pregnant pregnant pregnant

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

ok just trying to get you goat
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Thats ok, and when I give birth to it, I will send it to you to raise!
ohmy.gif
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back