Arrg, Bruises are killing me!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Dynamic Duo

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a question for you all. First, the story:

Well, I dont bruise very easily but do get bruises frequently. My boyfriend laughs hystericallly every time he sees my bruises and when I explain the reason to them (Usually me being a klutz, which he knows.). I got some new brusies today thanks to a horse kick. One on the back, and one on my stomach.

So, anybody got any bruise tricks?

I tend to bruise very easy.

There can be several reasons for this happening, being very thin can be a reason for bruising easily and many times if you are on some sort of blood thinners you can bruise easily too.

I guess I have never done anything for my bruises after they happen, I just try to watch what I do. I don't believe there is much you can really do from the reading I have done on the internet except apply some ice.

Anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok well they SAY to ice bruises and injuries for the first day or so.. but i've been kicked several times (not to mention numberous other injuries) and had great amount of pain and ice just always made it far far worse feeling. I found putting HEAT on it (like a heating pad) does WONDERS to reduce the pain and it even seems to help with the swelling. My theory is that instead of icing it which causes that muscle to contract from the cold it warms it up and allows it to relax and also probably allows the bloods and fluids to flow.. Now i'm NOT a doctor but this is what i do and really seems to make a HUGE difference for ME.

I have found that Arnica 30C is great for bruising. You can find it at any health food store. I have a friend who had surgery recently and the doctor told her to take Arnica to eliminate bruising after the procedure. Good luck!

I tend to injure myself frequently....the latest being the broken foot thanks to Anoki

My Mom's trick for bruising, is GOB Vaseline on it then apply ice. It amazingly takes away A LOT of the bruising! My foot no longer has any bruising on it (or very little) and it happened just over a week ago. There is no evidence of anything happening to it, except for my slight limp....didn't do much for curing the pain, it's still there, though getting better now....

~kathryn

I have about 30 bruises on my left arm each about the size of a dime, they go from my bicep to my wrist (result of a nerve test for a broken collarbone...needles)...I would love for their to be a magic cure...it's been over a week and now they have turned from a beautiful purple to a pukey green and I just look awful. At least they do feel better though. The only thing I know to help bruises is...time.

My trick it Tea Tree Oil! It smells bad, but sure seems to help. If you can put it on right away, the faster the bruise goes away. Just keep rubbing it on.

Latest posts

Back