Arizona People Are You OK?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
With the news about those horrible fires in Arizona I've been thinking of you and hoping everyone is well away from the danger areas. Please let us know what's happening in your neck of the woods.

Computer at home is broken so have not been able to get on here often..... Thanks for asking....

I dont know of anyone with Minis in the area where the big Wallow Fire is and have not heard from anyone on our local group that is in immediate danger. Some of the towns involved are rather small.... I do know of a couple of folks north of there (between Showlow and St. Johns)-who are really getting bad smoke at night when the winds stop, but they are not close to the fire at this time. One of those farms has taken in about 4 dozen Arabians that had to be moved.

I am located north of Phoenix, so is forum member CheyAut, so we are ok and WELL below that fire. There are actually about six, or more, fires burning here in different locations, but the one to the northeast of me is the worst.

Here's a video from the news for animals, however I have heard thru the grapevine that many people left without their animals... I sure hope not!

http://www.azfamily.com/video/?id=123414598&sec=528732

The school they are talking about is where my friend's son goes to school.

I guess there may be more evacuations- have not heard any news today, so am unsure of any possible Mini owners in those areas.

There are a couple of fires down below Tucson, so not sure how close they are to Lost Spoke and other farms.. perhaps they may chime in here to let us know.

The Wallow is now the 2nd largest in history in the state- why they have waited so long (because the gov't doesnt want to pay for it) to bring in slurry and other stuff is beyond me.

Oh, the fire that burnt down the old historic lodge at Greer has been announced that it was arson!

Thanks for letting me know you're ok Laurie. I was concerned about the lack of response and hoping it wasn't bad news. They just said on TWC that the fire has spread into Nex Mexico now. Prayers for everyone affected by this.

Yes, folks are still evacuating in the AZ towns up there... still 0 containment this morning. It's SO sad to see historical things burned down and people put out of their homes.

The Blue Ridge school where they are setup to take in folks is where my friends son goes to school. They may be loading up and leaving there too though and coming down- not from the flames but the smoke is SO bad and getting worse.

Yes, folks are still evacuating in the AZ towns up there... still 0 containment this morning. It's SO sad to see historical things burned down and people put out of their homes.

The Blue Ridge school where they are setup to take in folks is where my friends son goes to school. They may be loading up and leaving there too though and coming down- not from the flames but the smoke is SO bad and getting worse.
If that is Blue Ridge high school in Lakeside/Pinetop our family cabin is one street over. There were three more fires started deliberately along I-40. A friend just sold his ranch in Springerville and moved to Prescott. This is the worst I've seen. We are near Oracle so no problems here. Hope Dawn checks from Lost Spoke checks in.

Latest posts

Back