Aren't happy with what banks did with bail-out $$ ??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean_B

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Are you fed up with what the "big" banks did with that bail-out money?? Money that was INTENDED to be used to loosen up lending, make more home loans available, and get the economy back a little more in balance....but instead went to BIG executive bonuses, and even in the case of Wells Fargo....BILLIONS went toward their expansion and purchase of Wachovia. What the HECK is up with that??!!??!!?

Not happy about it?? Then "vote" with your feet! My little bank account, your little bank account....they might appear to be just a drop in the bucket....but if enough of those little "drops in the bucket" pulled their money out of the "Big Six" (Bank of America, Citi, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo) and moved them to a community bank or credit union....it just might fill that bucket and make them sit up and take notice.

I forwarded this article ( http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Banki...-your-bank.aspx ) to my daughter and she IMMEDIATELY moved her checking & savings from Wells Fargo to the little community bank just up the street from where she lives...and discovered the people were a whole lot nicer to deal with too!!

OK - off my soap box for tonight.
default_biggrin.png

I so agree but around here all the little community banks got bought up by the big banks. Its so sad

I remember when I used to go to the bank when we lived in Illinois and they actually knew my name and who I was. Now every time I got to my own bank they glare at me treat me like a would be criminal.

I so miss having a smaller community bank

Kay

Beaat you to the thought some time ago. We will not deal with the "big name banks." Just the community ones. My oldest used Wells Fargo for a short time, then when she found them nearly impossible to deal with, went back to a community bank.

Credit unions all the way for us.

Years before the financian meltdown, I became frustrated and then furious with the lousy service of the big banks -- US Bank and First Interstate, to name a couple -- and took my vast amounts of money to an Oregon-based, full-service credit union and never looked back.

I already have gone the credit union route. Love it, they know my name and are very helpful. I wouldn't go to a big bank now to save my soul.

It would probably have been a lot better to let the "free markets" work, vs. trying to work them. What a mess.

Latest posts

Back