Arena Lights

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildoak

Reaction score
Getting ready to light my arena, can't do this 100 degree sunshine anymore.. Any suggestions as to types of lights, height, etc? Can already tell its going over budget lol.

Jan

A friend of mine that does barrel racing just attached some pvc pipe to her already established fence and put the clamp on lights from Lowes on it. I believe she got the halogen bulbs and used 3. She had to run extension cords - one to her house and one to her feed shed that hooked to two lights. She also has an outdoor light that is by the main road and is a 4th light. It stays on all the time. She can take the lights down during storms (we get lots of high winds and rain - especially lately) or ice (yes, we do get those here too). You can now get these same lights that use batteries so you don't even have to have power available, but have no idea how long they'd last. Hers were just tall enough that she could turn them on from a 16 hh riding horse. Because they clamped on the pvc pole, she could shift the angle somewhat to aim them where she wanted shadows eliminated.

While she would prefer to have permanent lights, this worked for her at a much lower cost (she's a single parent w/ 3 teenagers).

Back