Area 3 Regionals Results--Great show for us

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairicane

Reaction score
Finally recovering a little, it was incredibly hot and I was born and raised in Florida! We could not have asked for a better show. I drove up with my Bankers handlers (Showtime Training Center) and we had 2 trailer loads full of horses and shetlands. The show management was friendly and very helpful considering we got there at 1:30 am or so, poor people, they came out to help us find our stalls, etc.

I was so excited as this was the debut my 2 newest driving boys. I drove my new shetland stallion, Pans Cody Earl Grey HOF and he has really not done any real driving for years. He had totally forgotten what a headset is when I got him and we have been working on that but I knew he wasnt really there yet. Anyway he was the only foundation shetland in driving but he did do everything I asked and looked good doing it. He did toss his head when we had to slow down or stop but overall he was awesome. The judge LOVED him and said he not only drove great (except the head tossing) but was a lovely example of a foundation stallion. Boy was I smiling
default_yes.gif

My other new driving boy is Moss Grove Rio Rhondo a B sized appy gelding. I got him off the saleboard from Jane and Lucy at Field Of Dreams Minis in TX. They were totally honest with Rios inforrmation and I really appreciate that. They sold Rio as being a very powerful horse that may be too much horse for many people. He is and I love that!!!! Rio has only been to just a few shows driving ever and this was our first show together. We WON Ladies, Amateur, and STAKES in country pleasure driving. And we were against a nice group of seasoned competitors too. Im HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!!
default_aktion033.gif

This is Rio below. Photo was taken at home recently, dont mind the too small harness.

riorghtsideTROTextGOODJEN508.jpg

All the minis and shetlands shown by Showtime did great and most won overall champion in stallions, mares and geldings. One slacker in the group, my Banker, entered the show ring on his back feet and did his best to have at least 2 feet in the air at all time. Poor Dale really has his hands full with that one. Banker just loves shows and he is just so excited he cant be good. However he did manage to stand still and pose beautifully just long enough for the judge to give him Reserve Grand Champion B Stallion overall. So by the time the weekend was over every stall in our group pretty much was covered in blue and championship ribbons. So yes we had a great show and a great time!
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations! You always have nice horses so it doesn't surprise me at all that they'd do well in the ring!
default_yes.gif

Congratulations on your wins!!!

I had to laugh about Banker!!! I can picture him doing what he did and when mine have done similar, I think "well, he figured since he was at a show, he'd put on a show"
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

Congratulations! I watched your go in the country pleasure stakes with your appy. I was sitting in the stands remarking on how ground covering your boy's trot was. His regular trot was everybody else's extended.

I wish I could've met Banker after hearing so much about him, but I never found you to stop and introduce myself.

Thanks everyone! Yes Jill, Banker is quite the card. At home he will free stack and pose loose with no halter on. But in the showring he turns into bad Banker the demon child. We hope he will get over this one of these days :DOH!
default_rolleyes.gif

Thanks Steph and Leia. I am beyond pleased with Rio. If u notice in the photo I attached, Rio is not only too big for the harness but the heidel cart doesnt have long enough shafts for him too. I showed him in a B sized houghton cart and that was almost too small. I am thinking I will need to use a shetland pony cart for him. I want to be sure he can stride out as far as he likes
default_yes.gif
What a nice problem to have. Steph thanks for letting me know how he looked in the ring, I thought we were doing good but its always nice to hear it from someone that could actually see what was going on.

Congrats to you and the horsey and human boys. We are proud of all of you and wish we could have been there with you.

Ruth & Gary

Stardust Acres

Congrats to you and the horsey and human boys. We are proud of all of you and wish we could have been there with you.

Ruth & Gary

Stardust Acres

Thanks and you guys were wonderful and so helpful to get us there! Thanks for bringing me the cart to use and the basket Gary made for the cart works great!! Paul and I drove the "boys" tonite and Paul wants a basket for the heidl cart too now. He was very impressed with your work.
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Wow, what an exciting time ya'll had!
default_wub.png
SUPER CONGRATS on all your great wins! How awesome for you all!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back