Are you having Rain or Snow this week?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottyP

Reaction score
In MO we are getting more snow that usual and expecting more. I’m tired of it and ready for Spring.

I’ve been thinking of those of you that do have your minis and wondering if snow is worse, or the mud of all the rain worse for your time out taking care of the minis?

Hello from Nova Scotia!
We have had an unusual Winter here, rain and snow - been pretty icy! Snow last night but it wasn't so bad, -7c. I don't mind it so much when its warm and there's some snow but all the mud can be a bit much after a while for the poor little guys and myself.

I'm down in SE and we are having inches of rain. Under flash flood watches. In a town near me, they have a dip in the road that goes under a RailRoad overpass. Old fashioned kind. It flooded enough to be to the top of a regular car when someone didn't believe the road blocks and went around the empty cop cars. What a horrible lesson to have to learn.

This year has been strange. We've been switching off between the two. We get snowstorms that drop 6 or 7 inches in the valley, then get rain the next day and everything turns to ice. I have really hated it. So far this last storm has just been snow... so it's still pretty and fluffy haha.

I really dislike the snow... but I do think I hate spring mud more. I hate tromping through it, and the horses at least stay somewhat clean in winter... spring is impossible! So I am glad in a small way that we get snow here and not just rain. Haha

Hope everyone is surviving what they're getting, whatever it may be.

Around here we are under a possible flash flood warning all day. And it's still raining.

Snow here....and I don't want to talk about it!!!:(o_O
Well over 3 ft and snowing this morning, I am done. Can I PLEASE hibernate like a bear now? Puleease!?

In the Midwest we’ve been having the same snow/rain cycle like the others. I’ve never like winter, with the snow and cold temps, but this one has been pretty mild. To be honest tho, I’d rather deal with the frozen ground than the mud.

Heavy rain here, threats of high winds. Last line of heavy rain going through right now. We are having a lot of flooded roads around this county and surrounding counties. Monsoon season is what I call it.

No rain here, it is still much too cold for that. Happily it is less cold than it was, though today there is a cold wind. Still --we do not have high winds and near zero visibility like they do just east of here. We have not had any real snow in 2 weeks. So, I count this all as a win and say we are currently in pretty good shape. We do need a thaw very soon but I am not sure we are going to get one.

It is pouring here today, along with the occasional few minutes of sleet. It was raining so hard that I told my husband the puddles looked as if they were boiling.

Wish I could Ryan! We have had so much rain this month. I drove my gelding for the first time this weekend in over three weeks. Now today it's raining again and rain is forecast for most of the next 10 days. I wrecks my time with the horses but we had a drought for so long that the water district has instigated a ground water study. Possibly leading to putting meters on our own private wells on our country properties. So on the other hand I'm very happy for the rain.

All this rain and snow is really bad in so many places. And from what I seem more snow for the snow people, and more rain for the ones building an ark. I've been far enough South not to get much of the rain. But later it could be Tropical Storms.

Unfortunately here in the southern part of Australia we are in for another hot week with not much chance of any rain.
I live near Geelong in Victoria and our forecast temperatures for the coming 7 days are
28°C 37°C 38°C 38°C 32°C 26°C 26°C

Definitely not good weather for trying to work horses & ponies in.

Freezing drizzle here. I was hoping to get my onions planted but they will have to wait. Must head out and check the heated animal waters. I remember many Februarys in the past here in Oklahoma where one could get a good start on a tan. Not this year!

English weather has been jusr about the best anyone can remember for the last fortnight. It's sunny and calm but fresh, just perfect for outdoor sports. Everyone is out.. bikes, horses, motorbikes, runners, dogwalkers (well they go out whatever)
Very greatful, sorry you lot are suffering and thanks for letting us have the good weather for once! Haha

No rain or snow the last two weeks, it's sunny here in Switzerland too. But it freezes at night and some parts of the roads are still covered with an insistent layer of ice. I'm getting crazy one day! But the forecast is rainy tomorrow, so I hope it finally disappears.

It was still about 38 degrees here last night at around 6pm. Going to be the same again for the next few days.

Then hoping ( and praying ) we get rain !

Over 3ft of snow here in Cedar City UT since January 1st.
last 4 days above freezing temps melted all the snow and lots of mud... weeeee
but they are saying rain/snow starting tomorrow for the nest 3dyas
Marco :)

Latest posts

Back